Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    Yeah. Cheetah was supposed to be killed off-screen, but (I think) they accidentally ended up showing her getting rounded up in the paddywagon with the rest of the Injustice Gang, so the canon was that she was still alive to make another uninteresting appearance.
    Wait, so was Wonder Woman supposed to be the one to kill her off screen then? She was the last person fighter her, right?

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Wait, so was Wonder Woman supposed to be the one to kill her off screen then? She was the last person fighter her, right?
    No, Solomon Grundy would have killed her on orders from Lex. She only survived because of the aforementioned animation error and James Tucker, one of the producers on the show, lobbied to bring her back in later episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    No, Solomon Grundy would have killed her on orders from Lex. She only survived because of the aforementioned animation error and James Tucker, one of the producers on the show, lobbied to bring her back in later episodes.
    Wow, that Batman kiss was like the kiss of death.

Wow, that Batman kiss was like the kiss of death.
    "After a lady gets kissed by Batman, she could probably die happy."

- Some DCAU writer, probably

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    "After a lady gets kissed by Batman, she could probably die happy."

- Some DCAU writer, probably
    "Batman like Catwoman... Cheetah IS cat woman. Batman KISS Cheetah."

- Same DCAU writer, probably.

Although, I won't lie, Batman seducing his way out a situation was pretty funny. I feel like he never uses his play-boy charm as Batman.

Unfortunately the WonderBat stuff makes this a complete no go for me, though I applaud the effort in imagining this all up. But I mean, this is based on the DCAU, and that was a lamentable part of it nonetheless.

Maxwell Lord isn't the trigger for me that it is for a lot of other WW fans, but at the same time, I get it. She has other rogues in her classic gallery that could use the focus and updating.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 04-21-2021 at 01:49 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

"Batman like Catwoman... Cheetah IS cat woman. Batman KISS Cheetah."

- Same DCAU writer, probably.

Although, I won't lie, Batman seducing his way out a situation was pretty funny. I feel like he never uses his play-boy charm as Batman.
    yeah, if it had just been any another villain, it'd be amusing to see Bruce go all sexy flirt to seduce his way out of a situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Unfortunately the WonderBat stuff makes this a complete no go for me, though I applaud the effort in imagining this all up. But I mean, this is based on the DCAU, and that was a lamentable
    part of it nonetheless.

Maxwell Lord isn't the trigger for me that it is for a lot of other WW fans, but at the same time, I get it. She has other rogues in her classic gallery that could use the focus and updating.
    Yeah, there’s good in this pitch but the stuff I don’t care for are the DCAU ties. Remove Bats and give his appearances to someone else and it’s something I’d watch.

I’d say Max also but we’re stuck with him, unfortunately.

Yeah, there’s good in this pitch but the stuff I don’t care for are the DCAU ties. Remove Bats and give his appearances to someone else and it’s something I’d watch.

I just feels like Max is a dead end villain for Wonder Woman because he was never designed to become part of her rouges long-term to begin with. He was meant to be killed off by her and that's it, and now there's nothing else for him (in the comics).

In a Wonder Woman tv series, maybe they could find a way to make him work. The movie did, although by the writers own admission they weren't writing Pedro's character with Max in mind, just a businessman who they later realized they could give a popular comic name too.

Although, he just feels extra redundant now with Veronica Cale. Having both of them in a cartoon would probably be weird.

Although I don't care for Diana falling for jerk types, Nemesis could easily play that "too kewl for skewl" type character of whom there's sexual tension. I mean his schtick isn't necessarily dark and broody, but there's that rebel element there.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 04-21-2021 at 02:51 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

I just feels like Max is a dead end villain for Wonder Woman because he was never designed to become part of her rouges long-term to begin with. He was meant to be killed off by her and that's it, and now there's nothing else for him (in the comics).

In a Wonder Woman tv series, maybe they could find a way to make him work. The movie did, although by the writers own admission they weren't writing Pedro's character with Max in mind, just a businessman who they later realized they could give a popular comic name too.

Although, he just feels extra redundant now with Veronica Cale. Having both of them in a cartoon would probably be weird.
    No, I don’t disagree. I have no interest in seeing Max Lord, or any element of the Sacrifice storyline popping up in a WW product anymore than I would want to see Emerald Twilight pop up in a Hal Jordan adaptation. He’s redundant in a rogues gallery with both Dr. Psycho and Veronica Cale.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Although I don't care for Diana falling for jerk types, Nemesis could easily play that "too kewl for skewl" type character of whom there's sexual tension.
    I could see that, he was more tolerable under Simone than when he was first time introduced. Though Nemesis/Tressor’s problem to me was he was just a Steve Trevor stand-in. Which I guess made sense since Steve was off the table when he was brought into WW’s world and would also be the case in a DCAU continuation.
    Last edited by Gaius; 04-21-2021 at 02:54 PM.

No, I don’t disagree. I have no interest in seeing Max Lord, or any element of the Sacrifice storyline popping up in a WW product anymore than I would want to see Emerald Twilight pop up in a Hal Jordan adaptation. He’s redundant in a rogues gallery with both Dr. Psycho and Veronica Cale.
    For all we know, Max Lord is Cale and Psycho in a trench coat....

I have yet to see the 3 of them in the same room.

Last edited by I'm a Fish; 04-21-2021 at 02:58 PM.

Hades was closer to comics Ares, being kind of a "boogeyman"/Satan stand-in from Themyscira's past.

Even briefly had the faceless helmet design:
    Hades looks like a satanic knight, Ares looks cleaner and shinier

Hades was closer to comics Ares, being kind of a "boogeyman"/Satan stand-in from Themyscira's past.

Even briefly had the faceless helmet design:
    The whole thing with Hades was so random. It's like they merged Ares with Heracles and named him Hades for some reason. And him being Diana's "father"...so random

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    yeah, if it had just been any another villain, it'd be amusing to see Bruce go all sexy flirt to seduce his way out of a situation.
    I know right? Like, Joker was right there.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    The whole thing with Hades was so random. It's like they merged Ares with Heracles and named him Hades for some reason. And him being Diana's "father"...so random.
    felt like they wanted to subvert expectations but it really didn't...

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    I know right? Like, Joker was right there.
    Lex wouldn't let Batman and Joker be alone in a room together, party pooper.