Default Lapis Lazuli (Steven Universe) vs Flame Princess (Adventure Time)

Water vs fire. Who wins?

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Water vs fire. Who wins?
    Well this defaults to the arena which has no water, and I'm guessing FP can melt Lazuli before she can summon water from elsewhere. Lazuli is way more powerful when her element comes into play though.

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

Given just how vulnerable FP is to water, Lapis' wings alone are probably enough to douse her (a few seconds of rain has done the job before, and I'm certain I remember a cup of water doing it too), and she seems to pull those out of nowhere and also expand them at least a dozen feet or so to actively attack while flying. On the other hand, even FP's small fireballs seem to impact with pretty violent explosions at time. Since both can fly, this probably turns into a dogfight where FP is working with better range due to lack of water. I suspect that Lapis is both more agile (we've seen her in more by way of genuine aerial matchups) and a *lot* faster in the air though, given that she can do interstellar distances and casually fly Steven around the world.

FP is just so vulnerable to water, I have to bet on Lapis. Lapis may take a hit or two, or survive an AoE, but pretty much any brush with her wings is going to take FP out.
    Last edited by BitVyper; 04-14-2021 at 10:15 AM.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Yeah, Lapis should take this. Too much speed and FP has major type disadvantage.

Only hope is if Flame Princess can activate her "accidentally burn out core the planet," levels of heat, which she's never been shown to be able to do at will, but that would be a real bad time for Lapis.