• Runaways

0 0%
  • Cloak and Dagger

0 0%
  • Punisher

0 0%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    You're entitled to your opinion, but can I be entitled to mine? There's no point in comparing it to WandaVision - it's apples and oranges. I watched the whole thing and I loved season 1, liked season 2 a lot, but I wasn't so crazy about the end. And yes, I thought it was getting repetitive at times. I have no interest in justifying why to you, it's subjective. Please respect that (or don't and just let it be) rather than try to come up with reasons to invalidate my opinion, which is all this is.
    FWIW, my opinion is pretty much the same as yours. Absolutely loved the first season. I enjoyed the second season, but I also think it's where they started to go wrong, as part of the strength in the first season was that the supporting characters seemed interesting too, and I would have liked to see them focused on more as the show went on. I think the drive to keep the show centered so clearly around David is what made it start to feel repetitive, and that's likewise why the last season was the weakest. By that point it was clear that he would remain the only truly important character, with everyone else only mattering to whatever degree that they mattered to him.

Not saying he shouldn't have remained the main character, because obviously he was meant to be, but the world-building of the show would have been better served if other stories could have seemed important too ... and ultimately, even he would have been better served as a character, if the world he was painted in seemed less two-dimensional.

Anyway, all that said, it was a great show still, and absolutely worth watching. Just a lot stronger at the start than at the finish.
    Be kind to me, or treat me mean
    I'll make the most of it, I'm an extraordinary machine

BANNED

You're entitled to your opinion, but can I be entitled to mine? There's no point in comparing it to WandaVision - it's apples and oranges. I watched the whole thing and I loved season 1, liked season 2 a lot, but I wasn't so crazy about the end. And yes, I thought it was getting repetitive at times. I have no interest in justifying why to you, it's subjective. Please respect that (or don't and just let it be) rather than try to come up with reasons to invalidate my opinion, which is all this is.
    ofocurse we are are entitled to our own opinions, where to some everything is subjective, However as I said, it was a pattern, I have seen before many times and you showed the pattern again. Most and if not all MCU fans I know only like Legion season 1 or at least half of it. Had Legion been in the MCU, the pattern of this same opinions would have been different.

it is not apples and oranges both shows are truly similar that some critics, also said the same thing like I did, that some MCU fans should watch Legion, to see a more sophisticated version of this concept of crazy super powered characters.

https://www.polygon.com/streaming/20...horror-hbo-max

Legion is the perfect follow up show to MarvelÂ’s WandaVision

https://www.inverse.com/entertainmen...on-legion-hulu
    WATCH THE TRIPPY MARVEL SHOW THAT INSPIRED WANDAVISION ON HULU ASAP

https://www.denofgeek.com/culture/li...tch-fx-legion/
    Why WandaVision Fans Should Watch FXÂ’s Legion

https://www.jioforme.com/legion-is-t...vision/275510/
    Legion is the perfect follow-up show for MarvelÂ’s WandaVision

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/14/a...on-review.html
    Elizabeth Olsen and Paul Bettany star in “WandaVision,” the first Marvel ... ways of the most distinctive of the earlier Marvel shows, FX's “Legion.

this was on a MCU Reedit thread
    https://www.reddit.com/r/WANDAVISION...r_we_are_many/

I think some fans having an opinions is subjective, but I was talking more from an objective sense. this is the reason I brought up how a show can avoid not having a bad fakeout moment then can derail your series, where your own producers now have to sort of apologise because fans got very angry. Just be a Noah Hawley next time. it a good tv writing lesson.

And lastly, why mickey mouse chose to separate Disney plus from Hulu. there is an objective reason why, mickey mouse did this for pure artistic reasons. which is the point I am coming from on all this shows.
    Last edited by Castle; 04-17-2021 at 12:01 AM.

In "Objective..." terms?...

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post

However as that is not on the list, I have to go for best here from the list, the answer is Legion and it is not even close. Legion is in a class by itself to this other shows on the list. Legion was the reason I hesitated first in watching Wandavision, because I knew Wandavision would be a Disney watered down take of Legion and I was not ready for that.

Legion isn't even a "Marvel..." show.

Does it have a very small handful of Marvel characters?

Sure.

That said, the show and it's creator went way out of their way to make the fact that it wasn't really a Marvel show incredibly clear.

I can get why someone might put it on the list. It just doesn't really belong there.

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    Thats interesting because I think most fans like the later seasons of AOS better. I am just finishing season 3. Its become more super-powered oriented thats for sure. I remember reading about the show and how everyone was saying the first half of season 1 was really bad so I prepared myself. I didn't actually see anything wrong with it lol.
    One fan's take...

I came to see the show as a bunch of "Chapters..."(Each Season Being One...) that they grouped under a single umbrella.

Each one of those seasons almost stands as a show of it's own.

I have heard this story about Legion many times and always only from people who mostly like the MCU side of marvel only that they all stoped at seaosn 1 or the first half of season 1. Season 2 of Legion is the best though. I think Legion caused too much conflict of interest because it was not part of the MCU and was such a very unique and thought-provoking series.

Simply not the case.

Plenty of folks over on the "X..." sub-forum were laying out their specific issues with the show while we were all discussing it as it went along.

What is in blue?

Didn't really have much to do with their issues.

ofocurse we are are entitled to our own opinions, where to some everything is subjective, However as I said, it was a pattern, I have seen before many times and you showed the pattern again. Most and if not all MCU fans I know only like Legion season 1 or at least half of it. Had Legion been in the MCU, the pattern of this same opinions would have been different.
    And once again,(you did this in another thread) I respond to something you say, and in response, you re-write what I was responding to as a way to reframe my response. You had said, "I have heard this story about Legion many times and always only from people who mostly like the MCU side of marvel only that they all stoped at seaosn 1 or the first half of season 1." So, which is the pattern? That MCU fans stopped watching the show at season one or only stopped liking it after season one? (I liked the whole thing, btw, I just wasn't crazy about the ending) Because once I said my opinion was based on having watched the whole series, you changed what "the pattern" is. Just pointing out that this is "a pattern" with you and it's not objective - it's being selective with what information you choose to accept.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 04-17-2021 at 09:09 AM.

Astonishing Member

And once again,(you did this in another thread) I respond to something you say, and in response, you re-write what I was responding to as a way to reframe my response. You had said, "I have heard this story about Legion many times and always only from people who mostly like the MCU side of marvel only that they all stoped at seaosn 1 or the first half of season 1." So, which is the pattern? That MCU fans stopped watching the show at season one or only stopped liking it after season one? (I liked the whole thing, btw, I just wasn't crazy about the ending) Because once I said my opinion was based on having watched the whole series, you changed what "the pattern" is. Just pointing out that this is "a pattern" with you and it's not objective - it's being selective with what information you choose to accept.

Its really best not to debate him on these things. He loves non marvel x-men stuff, hates MCU stuff and thats the basis for everything he does and says. Is mad that Marvel isn't going to do R rated movies, doesnt like anything they do, claims Fox x-men and Legion are the best and thats it. If you see what Castle says and does its not really a mystery. I pretty much know exactly how he will respond so I say ok bro its all good and move on.

Storywise Daredevil was my favorite series.

AOS Seasons 4 & 7 were Fantastic IMO as was Season 1 from episode 15/Yes Men to the Finale of that season. The rest of the Seasons were mix bags for me.

I also loved Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Legion, Agent Carter, and Punisher with the 1st seasons of all shows being particularly great.

Defenders were fine but I feel messed up killing the main antagonist off too soon this was an issue with Season 1 of Luke Cage also IMO.

Cloak and Dagger, Runaways, Iron Fist, and Gifted were all good and had moments but nothing special to me.

while not listed I found Inhumans just bad and done on the cheap.

WandaVision and Falcon and the Winter Soldier have been fantastic but I consider them miniseries for now and consider it unfair to judge them with multiseason shows.

Incredible Hulk is my all time favorite it's extremely formulaic but consistently good and with it's episodic nature I can watch one episode when I have a free hour and need no farther commitment going forward.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Storywise Daredevil was my favorite series.

AOS Seasons 4 & 7 were Fantastic IMO as was Season 1 from episode 15/Yes Men to the Finale of that season. The rest of the Seasons were mix bags for me.

I also loved Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Legion, Agent Carter, and Punisher with the 1st seasons of all shows being particularly great.

Defenders were fine but I feel messed up killing the main antagonist off too soon this was an issue with Season 1 of Luke Cage also IMO.

Cloak and Dagger, Runaways, Iron Fist, and Gifted were all good and had moments but nothing special to me.

while not listed I found Inhumans just bad and done on the cheap.

WandaVision and Falcon and the Winter Soldier have been fantastic but I consider them miniseries for now and consider it unfair to judge them with multiseason shows.

Incredible Hulk is my all time favorite it's extremely formulaic but consistently good and with it's episodic nature I can watch one episode when I have a free hour and need no farther commitment going forward.
    I loved the actors in Jessica Jones. It was just repressively depressive. I admit I watched all of it, and maybe it was like a car wreck I couldn't take my eyes off of it. But just the style was so brutally dark and sad all the time I can't say I loved the show. I think Punisher had more light moments than Jessica Jones and that aint saying much.

Voted for Daredevil. But I have to wait until FATWS ends as that might take the top spot.

But nearly every has had a problem with either unsatisfying season finales or running too long to the point they are burning out on ideas.

I wish WandaVision dealt with the consequences of Wanda mind controlling a whole town more. DDS1 was solid but had the finale was deus ex machina ending with how Fisk's empire came undone. S2 started off solid but it hit a slump with Elektra and the Hand stuff. S3 had too many unnecessary flashbacks and I hate how they chose to 'adapt' Born Again even though I like Maggie's role in the show more that I do her role in the comics but it felt like they were too busy trying to recapture the lightning of the first season rather than telling an engaging story. LC and JJ should have been a single season show and they should have just gone with a Heroes-for-Hire show afterwards. IF was a complete misfire.

First season of Agent Carter was solid but I think they could have done more with Dr Faustus motivation. Season 2 felt like they ran out of ideas. Not too hot on their take on Madame Masque. Original flavor Masque could have been amazing antagonist for Carter. I wish they could have covered the early days of SHIELD but the problem with that is how SHIELD comes undone in WS.

Punisher started off amazing and the only Netflix show to not hit a slump around ep 10. The story just kept going and the finale was satisfying and I like this take on Jigsaw. I didn't like how they brought back Billy/Jigsaw in S2. Wish they had adapted the Slavers arc.

Overall, I enjoy standalone shows but I think the verdict from the audience is clear. They want shows which also tie into movies. Wanda getting her own show and then later co-starring with Dr Strange and Falcon becoming Captain America in his own show and later showing up as Cap in either an Avengers show or a new Cap trilogy is exactly what people want. Otherwise, the shows end up feeling inconsequential in the grand narrative of the MCU.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Voted for Daredevil. But I have to wait until FATWS ends as that might take the top spot.

But nearly every has had a problem with either unsatisfying season finales or running too long to the point they are burning out on ideas.

I wish WandaVision dealt with the consequences of Wanda mind controlling a whole town more. DDS1 was solid but had the finale was deus ex machina ending with how Fisk's empire came undone. S2 started off solid but it hit a slump with Elektra and the Hand stuff. S3 had too many unnecessary flashbacks and I hate how they chose to 'adapt' Born Again even though I like Maggie's role in the show more that I do her role in the comics but it felt like they were too busy trying to recapture the lightning of the first season rather than telling an engaging story. LC and JJ should have been a single season show and they should have just gone with a Heroes-for-Hire show afterwards. IF was a complete misfire.

First season of Agent Carter was solid but I think they could have done more with Dr Faustus motivation. Season 2 felt like they ran out of ideas. Not too hot on their take on Madame Masque. Original flavor Masque could have been amazing antagonist for Carter. I wish they could have covered the early days of SHIELD but the problem with that is how SHIELD comes undone in WS.

Punisher started off amazing and the only Netflix show to not hit a slump around ep 10. The story just kept going and the finale was satisfying and I like this take on Jigsaw. I didn't like how they brought back Billy/Jigsaw in S2. Wish they had adapted the Slavers arc.

Overall, I enjoy standalone shows but I think the verdict from the audience is clear. They want shows which also tie into movies. Wanda getting her own show and then later co-starring with Dr Strange and Falcon becoming Captain America in his own show and later showing up as Cap in either an Avengers show or a new Cap trilogy is exactly what people want. Otherwise, the shows end up feeling inconsequential in the grand narrative of the MCU.
    I agree most fans like the idea of it all being connected. I personally like the idea of someone being able to tell stories with these characters independent of the MCU. But that clearly isn't going to happen much anymore.