Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
You're entitled to your opinion, but can I be entitled to mine? There's no point in comparing it to WandaVision - it's apples and oranges. I watched the whole thing and I loved season 1, liked season 2 a lot, but I wasn't so crazy about the end. And yes, I thought it was getting repetitive at times. I have no interest in justifying why to you, it's subjective. Please respect that (or don't and just let it be) rather than try to come up with reasons to invalidate my opinion, which is all this is.
FWIW, my opinion is pretty much the same as yours. Absolutely loved the first season. I enjoyed the second season, but I also think it's where they started to go wrong, as part of the strength in the first season was that the supporting characters seemed interesting too, and I would have liked to see them focused on more as the show went on. I think the drive to keep the show centered so clearly around David is what made it start to feel repetitive, and that's likewise why the last season was the weakest. By that point it was clear that he would remain the only truly important character, with everyone else only mattering to whatever degree that they mattered to him.

Not saying he shouldn't have remained the main character, because obviously he was meant to be, but the world-building of the show would have been better served if other stories could have seemed important too ... and ultimately, even he would have been better served as a character, if the world he was painted in seemed less two-dimensional.

Anyway, all that said, it was a great show still, and absolutely worth watching. Just a lot stronger at the start than at the finish.