• Runaways

0 0%
  • Cloak and Dagger

0 0%
  • Punisher

0 0%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Amazing Member

I like the first couple seasons of Agents of Shield.
    After we started transitioning heavily into the Inhumans/Quake storylines, not so much.
    I liked Skye, random hacker they picked up in order to completed a mission and stuck around!

Wandavision was innovative and create, but I did not like it overall.
    Too much slog to get through sitcom homages i never liked in the first place. And I really hated the ending.

Daredevil...I can't get through it.

It's so dark and gritty, can't anyone smile or tell a joke? (THIS IS JUST A JOKE!!! I AM KIDDING!!!)

I don't know what it is about Daredevil.
    I have tried watching it multiple times, i always go two or three episodes into 1st Season, then stop.
    The episodes themselves seem fine.
    I couldn't say what it is I don't like/can't power through.

Haven't watched most of the others, so didn't vote.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by tyusmax View Post
    I like the first couple seasons of Agents of Shield.
    After we started transitioning heavily into the Inhumans/Quake storylines, not so much.
    I liked Skye, random hacker they picked up in order to completed a mission and stuck around!

Wandavision was innovative and create, but I did not like it overall.
    Too much slog to get through sitcom homages i never liked in the first place. And I really hated the ending.

Daredevil...I can't get through it.

It's so dark and gritty, can't anyone smile or tell a joke? (THIS IS JUST A JOKE!!! I AM KIDDING!!!)

I don't know what it is about Daredevil.
    I have tried watching it multiple times, i always go two or three episodes into 1st Season, then stop.
    The episodes themselves seem fine.
    I couldn't say what it is I don't like/can't power through.

Haven't watched most of the others, so didn't vote.

Thats interesting because I think most fans like the later seasons of AOS better. I am just finishing season 3. Its become more super-powered oriented thats for sure. I remember reading about the show and how everyone was saying the first half of season 1 was really bad so I prepared myself. I didn't actually see anything wrong with it lol.

BANNED

I never saw this thread, must not have read the title properly, this is favourite or best. But how often are they the same to both people.

My favourite is X-Men Evolution. while not the best marvel show technically, I liked it for very personal reasons because it came out when I was a teenager and the characters were also teens.

However as that is not on the list, I have to go for best here from the list, the answer is Legion and it is not even close. Legion is in a class by itself to this other shows on the list. Legion was the reason I hesitated first in watching Wandavision, because I knew Wandavision would be a Disney watered down take of Legion and I was not ready for that.

Many Marvel fans who only watch MCU related tv shows need to find time and watch Legion if you liked Wandavsion, despite the reputation Legion gained for being only for art-house snobby intellectual comic book fans. I think that reputation was overstated.

Coming up second to Legion would be Daredevil , while I will say both story telling are nearly matched in their own right because they do tackle equal very mature content. Legion was to TV Shows what Chris Nolan Batman films was to Comic movies, the technical parts from the VFX, Cinematography , directing, and art direction was just way too good to be on TV, especially on a small network like FX with no big hype around it, but also how overly twisted the entire series was, you needed to really use your mind and brain to constantly to keep up with the story.

This is just a taste of what Legion created as a comic book art piece.

Another reason sometimes I just don't watch anything on Disney plus or NBC or ABC or CW anymore with the exception of Wandavision and this is because I liked Wanda from the comics. A lot of all this comic book tv shows on the big mainstream networks were are just generic and uninspiring.
    Last edited by Castle; 04-16-2021 at 09:39 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    I never saw this thread, must not have read the title properly, this is favourite or best. But how often are they the same to both people.

My favourite is X-Men Evolution. while not the best marvel show technically, I liked it for very personal reasons because it came out when I was a teenager and the characters were also teens.

However as that is not on the list, I have to go for best here from the list, the answer is Legion and it is not even close. Legion is in a class by itself to this other shows on the list. Legion was the reason I hesitated first in watching Wandavision, because I knew Wandavision would be a Disney watered down take of Legion and I was not ready for that.

Many Marvel fans who only watch MCU related tv shows need to find time and watch Legion if you liked Wandavsion, despite the reputation Legion gained for being only for art-house snobby intellectual comic book fans. I think that reputation was overstated.

Coming up second to Legion would be Daredevil , while I will say both story telling are nearly matched in their own right because they do tackle equal very mature content. Legion was to TV Shows what Chris Nolan Batman films was to Comic movies, the technical parts from the VFX, Cinematography , directing, and art direction was just way too good to be on TV, especially on a small network like FX with no big hype around it, but also how overly twisted the entire series was, you needed to really use your mind and brain to constantly to keep up with the story.

This is just a taste of what Legion created as a comic book art piece.

Another reason sometimes I just don't watch anything on Disney plus or NBC or ABC or CW anymore with the exception of Wandavision and this is because I liked Wanda from the comics. A lot of all this comic book tv shows on the big mainstream networks were are just generic and uninspiring.
    Legion is a very good show can't argue with that. Just wasn't my #1 Oh and this is just your favorite. I didn't include animated, cause I don't think you can even make a poll that large. But anyone is welcome to start an animated marvel show poll. I have a feeling I know what we be tops there.

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    Legion is a very good show can't argue with that. Just wasn't my #1
    I loved the first season of "Legion" but it eventually got a bit repetitive for me and I don't think it ultimately was able to stick the landing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I loved the first season of "Legion" but it eventually got a bit repetitive for me and I don't think it ultimately was able to stick the landing.
    I have heard this story about Legion many times and always only from people who mostly like the MCU side of marvel only that they all stoped at seaosn 1 or the first half of season 1. Season 2 of Legion is the best though. I think Legion caused too much conflict of interest because it was not part of the MCU and was such a very unique and thought-provoking series.

I will say one thing, if you liked Endgame/Wandavsion, watch Legion season 3. there are many things that Endgame/Wandavision did not sack up well that Legion avoided like Time Traveling and using actor-characters, especially for sticking to landing. considering the fiasco of the Quicksilver issue in Wandavsion versus how Xavier was handled in Legion. Trust me , if you care about writing more for substance and not for hype. You will appreciate Legion season 3 after how Wandavision ended.

Legion is a very good show can't argue with that. Just wasn't my #1 Oh and this is just your favorite. I didn't include animated, cause I don't think you can even make a poll that large. But anyone is welcome to start an animated marvel show poll. I have a feeling I know what we be tops there.
    Legion was good but just not good for the sake of good, it was a different masterclass, Nothing we will ever see again on comic tv, As I said, there is a reason Legion is on Hulu not disney plus, because disney is very much aware of the complex content and unique art house style of Legion, that it is beyond their cooperate limited mainstream stuff.

With animations, X-Men TAS or Spectacular Spiderman were and are still the crowning jewels of marvel and I can understand that, however X-Men Evolution was my child.
    Last edited by Castle; 04-16-2021 at 11:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    I have heard this story about Legion many times and always only from people who mostly like the MCU side of marvel only that they all stoped at seaosn 1 or the first half of season 1. Season 2 of Legion is the best though. I think Legion caused too much conflict of interest because it was not part of the MCU and was such a very unique and thought-provoking series.

I will say one thing, if you liked Endgame/Wandavsion, watch Legion season 3. there are many things that Endgame/Wandavision did not sack up well that Legion avoided like Time Traveling and using actor-characters, especially for sticking to landing. considering the fiasco of the Quicksilver issue in Wandavsion versus how Xavier was handled in Legion. Trust me , if you care about writing more for substance and not for hype. You will appreciate Legion season 3 after how Wandavision ended.
    You're entitled to your opinion, but can I be entitled to mine? There's no point in comparing it to WandaVision - it's apples and oranges. I watched the whole thing and I loved season 1, liked season 2 a lot, but I wasn't so crazy about the end. And yes, I thought it was getting repetitive at times. I have no interest in justifying why to you, it's subjective. Please respect that (or don't and just let it be) rather than try to come up with reasons to invalidate my opinion, which is all this is.

Astonishing Member

I am going to say with the obvious popularity of Daredevil in this poll, the head honchos at Disney should really find a way to incorporate this Daredevil into the MCU.

Extraordinary Member

Luke Cake... smdh...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Luke Cake... smdh...

LOL yea sorry bout that

Mighty Member

I am going to say with the obvious popularity of Daredevil in this poll, the head honchos at Disney should really find a way to incorporate this Daredevil into the MCU.
    This has been true since the first season of Daredevil dropped, and it remains true today. Charlie Cox is too good to let go. To say nothing of D'onofrio's Fisk. But for whatever reason the MCU higher ups just can't seem to pull the trigger. Although hopefully the rumors about SM:NWH end up being true and we get one step closer to getting these amazing actors and characters back into action in one medium or another.

FaWS has convinced me that Disney+ could absolutely be the home to an amazing continuation (or even a reboot, if necessary) of Daredevil. It might not have quite the same grittyness to it's tone, but it could easily have the same breadth to it's themes. But, at this point, I'd take Hulu if that's what it comes to. Marvel can announce all kinds of cool projects which will catch my eye (F4, looking to see what they have in store for the mutants, Blade, etc) but the only two things that will genuinely bring a giddy smile to my face at this point would be a Sam Wilson Captain America film or a Daredevil project.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    This has been true since the first season of Daredevil dropped, and it remains true today. Charlie Cox is too good to let go. To say nothing of D'onofrio's Fisk. But for whatever reason the MCU higher ups just can't seem to pull the trigger. Although hopefully the rumors about SM:NWH end up being true and we get one step closer to getting these amazing actors and characters back into action in one medium or another.

FaWS has convinced me that Disney+ could absolutely be the home to an amazing continuation (or even a reboot, if necessary) of Daredevil. It might not have quite the same grittyness to it's tone, but it could easily have the same breadth to it's themes. But, at this point, I'd take Hulu if that's what it comes to. Marvel can announce all kinds of cool projects which will catch my eye (F4, looking to see what they have in store for the mutants, Blade, etc) but the only two things that will genuinely bring a giddy smile to my face at this point would be a Sam Wilson Captain America film or a Daredevil project.
    I dont disagree. How they do it that works and is still good is another matter. I am not exactly sure how they pull that off.

I think it's impressive that "The Incredible Hulk" has managed to get even 11% of the vote considering that it's the only show on the list that's not current or very close to current but thirty to forty years before everything else.
    Power with Girl is better.

Amazing Member

Hulk music is soooo sad though!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    I think it's impressive that "The Incredible Hulk" has managed to get even 11% of the vote considering that it's the only show on the list that's not current or very close to current but thirty to forty years before everything else.
    I think the concept of that show still works today. They really worked with what they had and did the best with it. It was a pretty brilliant retcon of the origin, and the kung fu vibe of the show, isn't something you really see now a days. But its a great idea.