Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Immortal Hulk Omnibus 3 from bad to worse

In the first two volumes, they skipped the end credits. For example, this is #26:
    26 (2).jpg
    Original.
    26.jpg
    Omnibus version.
    But if there were no title at the end:
    25 (2).jpg
    Original.

BANNED

Then it was left all black:
    25.jpg
    But get used to it, because with the 3rd one:
    31 (2).jpg
    No matter what, this is what you get:
    31.jpg

this is incredible
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Buy the numbered volumes or individual issues then?
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

BANNED

I already bought the Omnibi, would've liked to have this information beforehand, which is why I'm making it available to others.

BANNED

Edit: received today the first one, and it's just as bad as the third (all black at the ends). All this regarding the Panini UK version, is the original like this?

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

The titles are a bit part of the issues. Disappointing Marvel drop the ball with stuff like this...it’s how the comic is meant to be read.

BANNED

If it's only the title we're talking about, they place them at the top of the covers, which are zoomed at something like 90-95%, leaving some free space on the page. But the don't place them where originally intended, nor do they use the same font/style. I also consider the credits themselves as part of the story, in the sense that Ewing kept in mind he had (by "contractual obligation") to include them and chose how/where to do it.

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

The "omnibuses" are pretty bad and aren't really worth the money. You might as well get the HC's or the trades.

BANNED

The trades don't look good on a shelve, and the HCs are pretty far behind. I would've gotten the floppies, but prices are ridiculous.

Extraordinary Member

Marvel has a policy of taking out the credits for most reprints of recent comics, which is idiotic, because most of their recent comics don't have titles and credits embedded on the page, so when writers/editors use that approach, it's almost always because they actually want to use the credits as part of the page layout. Take away the credits and move the title around, and the page doesn't look right.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Do they at least have a credits page by issue at the beginning?

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
    The trades don't look good on a shelve, and the HCs are pretty far behind. I would've gotten the floppies, but prices are ridiculous.
    Hold out for the omnibus. There’s bound to be one.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Marvel has a policy of taking out the credits for most reprints of recent comics, which is idiotic, because most of their recent comics don't have titles and credits embedded on the page, so when writers/editors use that approach, it's almost always because they actually want to use the credits as part of the page layout. Take away the credits and move the title around, and the page doesn't look right.
    That's what I should've replied in another forum. I was trying to get the point across that title and credits are part of the story to Ewing, but I don't think the other member was very convinced. You've exposed it quite eloquently.

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Hold out for the omnibus. There’s bound to be one.
    You mean just one with over 50 comics? When was the last time Marvel published one of those?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    The "omnibuses" are pretty bad and aren't really worth the money. You might as well get the HC's or the trades.
    Actually, HC's erase credits too, I don't know if they print all issue titles, though. You can check at 4:27 here: