Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Wonder Woman, at its best...
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    I really enjoyed this! The appearance of Doctor Psycho is a pleasant surprise and they found a surprisingly good way of differentiating him from Maxwell 'Will never be as interesting as his movie portrayal' Lord.

From the beginning in the golden age Psycho was established to have a connection to the Astral Plane. With the sphere of the gods even referenced when he was brought back by Perez for post crisis. And since Loeb had established traveling to the realms of the gods via astral projection was possible, it only makes sense that Psycho could add that to his bag of tricks.

Honestly leaves alot of curious possibility for all he could do with such a talent.

As for the story itself, im honestly really drawn in by both tales in this so far. Though I also want to say that the artwork REALLY has me drawn in.
    I'm going to have to go back and read some golden age Psycho stories now.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    I'm going to have to go back and read some golden age Psycho stories now.
    It was a bit trippy~ No astral travel for him back then (Though Wonder Woman used to do it all the time back in the golden age) But back in the day he had the power to reshape 'Astral energy' to his will to reshape reality. Creating things from thin air and even giving himself different forms.

Oh and his powers back then were given to him by the Duke of Deception who was awed by how deluded Doctor Psycho was and his ability to believe his own lies.

Quote Originally Posted by Zahina View Post
    Do you like the new outfit?
    I do, nice little diversion from the the movie/Rebirth suit for a brief while.

Definitely an improvement on the Death Metal costume.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I really hope she doesn't just cut her way out of it, and finds a different method that doesn't involve cutting up a poor snek.

My only criticism for this story so far is the lack of female characters. Siegfried, Thor, Odin, Doctor Psycho, Ratatosk, the serpent... all male characters so far. Hope we see more women soon.

I'm starting to think that the large amount of male characters appearing in Asgard is on purpose as Dr. Psycho mentioned that one thing he really liked about the place is the large amount of masculinity. The Valkyries being absent could be a sign of some foul play geared towards masculine domination.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    It was a bit trippy~ No astral travel for him back then (Though Wonder Woman used to do it all the time back in the golden age) But back in the day he had the power to reshape 'Astral energy' to his will to reshape reality. Creating things from thin air and even giving himself different forms.

Oh and his powers back then were given to him by the Duke of Deception who was awed by how deluded Doctor Psycho was and his ability to believe his own lies.
    Huh, I wonder if Diana herself is Astral projecting. They made it a point that she didn't die in Death Metal (unless that was changed when she turned down the Quintessence) so maybe she unlocked her astral project powers by accident?

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

What a fun issue. I've not enjoyed Wonder Woman since the beginning of Rebirth. This would make for a great DTV adaption.

Huh, I wonder if Diana herself is Astral projecting. They made it a point that she didn't die in Death Metal (unless that was changed when she turned down the Quintessence) so maybe she unlocked her astral project powers by accident?
    Its quite possible! Though another thing that sometimes happened back in the day was ones physical body winding up trapped in the astral plane. With it possible to escape the place.
    Though if it is indeed astral projecting it would explain the voice that keeps calling out to her

Great issue. Didn’t expect to see Psycho but it was a fun cameo. Curious to see how Diana gets out of the snake’s belly next issue.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

It actually wasn't that bad, even if I don't like the Norse mythology tour aspect about it.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Fantastic Member VonHammersmark's Avatar

I’m surprised no one took issue with Diana torturing info out of Dr.Psycho, it’s even implied that she used tongs (to pull out his teeth?) I remember what a big deal it was when WW “beat” information out of the Furies…

Quote Originally Posted by VonHammersmark View Post
    I’m surprised no one took issue with Diana torturing info out of Dr.Psycho, it’s even implied that she used tongs (to pull out his teeth?) I remember what a big deal it was when WW “beat” information out of the Furies…
    I mean, he wasn't beat up at all when she walked away. No blood anywhere. And if she used tongs to pull out his teeth he wouldn't be able to yell so well.

He was already spilling his guts before she did anything, I'm pretty sure she just tied him to a chair.

Plus it's probably his astral body and not his real body, since he had to astral project to get there.

Edit: Also the Furies debacle was because she had the lasso and chose not to use it....which is dumb....
    Last edited by I'm a Fish; 04-14-2021 at 06:30 AM.

Fantastic Member VonHammersmark's Avatar

I mean, he wasn't beat up at all when she walked away. No blood anywhere. And if she used tongs to pull out his teeth he wouldn't be able to yell so well.

He was already spilling his guts before she did anything, I'm pretty sure she just tied him to a chair.

Plus it's probably his astral body and not his real body, since he had to astral project to get there.

Edit: Also the Furies debacle was because she had the lasso and chose not to use it....which is dumb....
    Fair enough, though she didn’t really “beat” the information out of the Furies either, she sort of did them the courtesy to earn it through combat, which I don't have a problem with

Torture is surprisingly common in superhero comics, a lot of the time its just used to show how cool they are.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

The only time I remember Diana full on torturing someone was Gail Simone's run when Diana cut Cheetah's face and maybe(?) cut off her tail.

But yeah, there's the typical hero torture of "hold the criminal up in the air until they talk" thing.