Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Another hint on who the Stranger trying to contact Diana is in this issue.

While I liked the issue overall, and agree with most about Dr. Psycho’s appearance, I found Diana’s ‘voice’ off. An example is when she encounters Odin and she states that she is a god as well. I realize that she is amnesiac and this statement can be excused because of it, but it doesn’t seem to be in character for her - at least in my opinion. It drew me out of the story at that point - to me it did not make any sense that she would say that then or at all. There was another instance but I must have blocked it out in order to enjoy the story.

I am intrigued about this Ratatosk and his motivations...

Quote Originally Posted by orionblue View Post
    While I liked the issue overall, and agree with most about Dr. Psycho’s appearance, I found Diana’s ‘voice’ off. An example is when she encounters Odin and she states that she is a god as well. I realize that she is amnesiac and this statement can be excused because of it, but it doesn’t seem to be in character for her - at least in my opinion. It drew me out of the story at that point - to me it did not make any sense that she would say that then or at all. There was another instance but I must have blocked it out in order to enjoy the story.

I am intrigued about this Ratatosk and his motivations...
    Yes, I do like how they paint Ratatosk as slightly suspicious. And I am really, really hoping they don't go with Diana becoming a god or anything, demi-god Diana is just fine. spoilers:
    But the details of some upcoming solicitations have me a little worried about that, I don't want her to be a god.
    end of spoilers

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

My first official review of this run!
    https://comic-watch.com/comic-book-r...e-egg-man-here

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Conrad himself had something to say on Diana's voice:

https://twitter.com/michaelwconrad/s...55147283562496
    So they decided to make Diana speak like a normal person instead of a politician? Can somebody explain?

Quote Originally Posted by Zahina View Post
    So they decided to make Diana speak like a normal person instead of a politician? Can somebody explain?
    Diana is usually shown as speaking more edictally in modern day comics. If you want a comparison, Rucka's run at the start of Vol. 5 is a good place to look. I doubt he would have her say "muck elves".

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Diana is usually shown as speaking more edictally in modern day comics. If you want a comparison, Rucka's run at the start of Vol. 5 is a good place to look. I doubt he would have her say "muck elves".
    Hmm, in recent years I've taken it as some writers trying to imitate Gadot's accent.

Great issue and it’s turning out to be an interesting story... I like some mystery of what’s going on for Diana, her memory of her mortal-ish life, and Doctor Psycho turning up at the forge... forging weapons that sap the will of the warriors wielding them.

Something is amiss in Olympus and Doctor Psycho is hanging out the Norse afterlife weakening the will of the dead heroes. Curious thing that... Hmmm...

I wonder if he’s going to show up in other mythological afterlifes Diana visits or if we’re going to see any other of Diana’s foes on the journey that know her and are doing nefarious things, but she can’t place them in her memories quite as easily?