Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
How does everybody feel about how he is in the current rendition of the Legion?
The leaner floppy-haired look was a thing, but I kinda prefer how he started to bulk up and become one of the thicker Legionnaires (to contrast with Mon-El, his frequent fight-buddy, who was being slimmed down and looked more like a runner/swimmer and not a heavyweight boxer). And the ruler of Rimbor thing seemed a misstep, IMO. Heroes who are also kings or rulers or CEOs sometimes get bogged down by that, or spend all their time superheroing and just utterly ignoring their responsibilities and then Atlantis gets invaded, again, while they can't be bothered to actually show up for the job and it's a whole thing.

I was intrigued how, at the very beginning, he put up a green force wall, suggesting that he had uses of ultra-energy *other* than just mimicing the powers of Superboy one at a time. That piqued my curiosity, the notion that Ultra Boy might have an Ultra-Power or two that *weren't* Superboy riffs.

(Technically he's already got one, kinda sorta. His 'Penetra-Vision' has been used for both the effects of both X-Ray *and* Telescopic Vision. Then again, I don't know if he actually has 'all the powers of Superboy, one at a time,' since I've never seen him use Ultra-Hearing, Ultra-Cold Breath or Ultra-Microscopic Vision...)

It would amuse me to see some AU version of Ultra Boy who has a completely different set of Ultra-powers. Ultra-teleportation! Ultra-force fields! Ultra-magma blasts! Ultra-size change! But one at a time, obviously.