Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BANNED

I watched the pilot episodes as a movie on TV first and I loved them. But after seeing the rest of the series some years later they quickly fell apart.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Battlestar Galactica definitely has a deeper concept (hence the remake), but that peters off somewhat over the course of the first series.

Buck Rogers series one is pretty much like, if you type "this guy fucks" into a computer, it'll bring up a picture of Gil Gerard.

Attachment 108414
    Seeing that I wonder how the series did not get more seasons^^. It had something for everyone. Baywatch managd to get what? 15 seasons out of this^^
    Last edited by lowfyr; 04-14-2021 at 05:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Are either original series available on streaming services? I would like to be able to binge watch both. I know Buck Rogers airs on Saturday nights on MeTV.
    Yes. Both of them hit Tubi about a month ago.

One of the reasons I never got into any of the latter Battlestar shows cause I was a little kid when the OG came out and I need to be more versed in the original first. The VFX struggles in the latter seasons but I've always been a fan of those shinny chrome Cylon suits.

Buck Rogers had one of the coldest show openings ever imo. The show, eh. Erin Gray was about it, which is not nothing, that's for damn sure,but waay to much Gil Garard, the poor man's Lee Major's. The disco episodes where he's dancing is truly groan inducing.

Last edited by Surf; 04-14-2021 at 07:02 AM.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Extraordinary Member

I liked Buck Rogers better. I can still watch those eps and get something out of them even if it's a just a good laugh. Hawk was the coolest sidekick ever and his ship was bonkers. And they had some good super villain types. Also the saytr episode was a good metaphor addressing alcoholism.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Who would win in a fight? I think Buck Rogers could take on Apollo and Starbuck at the same time and win. I think Wilma would kick the butt of any BSG girl she fought.
    There's no need to gender it - Wilma could kick Apollo or Starbuck's asses as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    As a young horny kid Buck Rogers was the show to beat.

I got to meet her a few years back! She still rocks!
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.