Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    The "Gentleman Ghost" was waaaaaaaaay too unrecognizable for my tastes, and how did Bruce happen to have the thing he needed to beat Craddock at hand? Had he anticipated he would be dealing with a ghost? (There's just so much planning ahead Bruce can do. Does he still also carry a canister of Bat-Shark-Repellent with him at all times, too?)

If it weren't for Knight and her new Squire, I'd probably skip getting issue #2.
    I mean I just took it as something that Taylor knows how to do, which is fun only can happen in dc comics moments, here it’s Batman beats up a ghost. It’s not really part of the main plot in any way with the white bat-terrorists, it’s just a cool fight that Batman even gets to make a slight joke of with Knight later in the hospital.

Probably the only reason it was explained so that people wouldn’t instead complain of how can Batman beat up a ghost.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Incredible Member

The "Gentleman Ghost" was waaaaaaaaay too unrecognizable for my tastes, and how did Bruce happen to have the thing he needed to beat Craddock at hand? Had he anticipated he would be dealing with a ghost? (There's just so much planning ahead Bruce can do. Does he still also carry a canister of Bat-Shark-Repellent with him at all times, too?)

If it weren't for Knight and her new Squire, I'd probably skip getting issue #2.
    I actually can sort of buy it, as England can be considered a central hub of magic and the paranormal. (I think it was even explained that way in a Knight & Squire mini a few years back). So, when traveling to England, Bruce keeps a few more magic/paranormal tools in his belt than he usually would.

Also, had the Gentleman Ghost previously looked like this anytime before?

Don't know if he showed up looking like that during the New 52 or something.

Incredible Member

Agreed, I don't like this monster-looking interpretation of him.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hairys View Post
    Agreed, I don't like this monster-looking interpretation of him.
    He looks like Pumpkinhead worked out at the gym and decided to put on a head. Even Kubert can't make it work. The classic costume still looks timeless.

I mean he was no monster, but he could be pretty ugly when he wanted to be in Batman Brave and the bold.

"It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Also, had the Gentleman Ghost previously looked like this anytime before?

Don't know if he showed up looking like that during the New 52 or something.
    Got hit with an Nth Metal Mace a few too many times...