Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

I soooo hope after this, we will get an X-Treme X-Men story.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    I soooo hope after this, we will get an X-Treme X-Men story.
    Claremont still needs to write his story about how Jean and Betsy swapped powers

Blasphemy, I know, but I was never a real fan of PAD's X-Factor apart from the Quesada and Jae Lee art issues. And Nauck's not my fave, either. I may still give this a read Because 90s Nostalgia... or just trade wait until I buy the first trade for the Nicieza and Simonsons stories.
    Quote Originally Posted by havok83 View Post
    claremont still needs to write his story about how jean and betsy swapped powers
    Last edited by nx01a; 04-13-2021 at 03:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I guess Larry Stroman wasn't available.
    He has been sick and was at one point doing commissions and covers from his hospital bed. The Man Who F***ked Up Time issue 1 variant might be the most recent thing he did. I saw him at the last North Texas Comic book show in Feb 2020.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Claremont still needs to write his story about how Jean and Betsy swapped powers
    There are a lot of Claremont stories that are interesting to do. Him writing about Magneto and Amahl Farouk's past encounter would be interesting too.

This should be really fun. PAD's original run is still one of my favorite runs.

Nauck deserves this!

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    He got tired of his stories being derailed for mandatory crossovers from what I read.
    That often seems to be the case, no? Back then the core titles were primarily just X-Men, X-Factor and X-Force. I can't imagine how it is now, with several titles running in tandem, you're meticulously coordinating the flow between books (e.g., character continuity (micro) and "X of Swords" (macro)) and then have to halt everything/coordinate for editorial/Marvel mandated crossovers (e.g., Empyre, King in Black) where those stories do nothing to propel your own stories forward but you participate solely to help out the broader Marvel enterprise (causing you to pause or delay your own storylines).

Quote Originally Posted by patch View Post
    That often seems to be the case, no? Back then the core titles were primarily just X-Men, X-Factor and X-Force. I can't imagine how it is now, with several titles running in tandem, you're meticulously coordinating the flow between books (e.g., character continuity (micro) and "X of Swords" (macro)) and then have to halt everything/coordinate for editorial/Marvel mandated crossovers (e.g., Empyre, King in Black) where those stories do nothing to propel your own stories forward but you participate solely to help out the broader Marvel enterprise (causing you to pause or delay your own storylines).
    you forgot Uncanny X-men

Astonishing Member

Very much looking forward to this!!!

I'd love to see some more arc by PAD after this tying up loose ends from his 2nd and 3rd X-FACTOR runs as well, but I'm not sure if the LEGENDS series is going to get into continuity more recent than the 80s and 90s or not.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    I thought post-PAD X-Factor was mostly terrible, from Lobdell/DeMatteis to John Francis Moore (who otherwise wrote a very fine X-Force run later on) all the way to the end with Howard Mackie. Off the top of my head I'd say it was the worst mutant book of all at the time, and there were many stinkers from the mid-90s.
    From the back issues I had growing up, once Forge takes over it seems the quality of the stories were pretty random and lackluster. Art was good. Thank God PAD came back with Investigations.
    "Cable was right!"

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    From the back issues I had growing up, once Forge takes over it seems the quality of the stories were pretty random and lackluster. Art was good. Thank God PAD came back with Investigations.
    Yeah, giving credit where credit is due, 90s X-books under Harras had for the most part a murderer's row of artists across the board including the satellite titles. On X-Factor he had the already-great Steve Epting and Jeff Matsuda doing long runs... too bad the stories weren't quite up to scratch.

Yes, please. This is one of the biggest unexplained storyline plot points out there. I guess he was probably going to tell it further down the road in his second run but then there were the creative teams shuffling.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I would LOVE to read that story but technically hasn't it been contradicted by subsequent stories? Jean got her TK back, Morrison said it's thanks to the Phoenix, Claremont would say it's because Betsy died and the stolen TK reverted back to Jean. But then Betsy was resurrected still possessing telekinetic powers, which she still has to this day. Sounds to me they were never anyone else's but her own.

I'd prefer CC to tackle some forgotten Outback tale.