Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    oh i should go read that
    It's a good run, it's fairly short too (23 issues across 2 volumes). However it is very event heavy.
    But yeah, I'd love that Ewing on Spider-man.

Mighty Member

Character development in comics how often does that carry over between writers anyway?
    It used to happen a lot, but nowadays comics exist in a bubble
    They still happen however, just look at Jonah, especially from Spectacular to Amazing.

writer: Christopher Priest. Artists- rotating, Olivier Coipel, Phil Jiminez.
    Hopefully several "traditional" supporting characters rotating in and out, whatever their current jobs may be.
    Emphasizes Peter/Spidey as a hero, not a "(barely) lovable loser".
    I'm not interested in another "extremely bizarre misunderstanding leads to Peter getting blackballed" scenario.. also not interested in mass-murdering villains. I'm also not interested in death-causing villains all of a sudden being perfectly redeemable.

Quote Originally Posted by FFJamie94 View Post
    It used to happen a lot, but nowadays comics exist in a bubble
    They still happen however, just look at Jonah, especially from Spectacular to Amazing.
    fair point guess i want something more
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Attachment 108447

Pretty sure Peter would rather be the comic relief of the team than the main leader but this page is nice to see although it took awhile to find it
    Fair point. Wasn't saying he had to be team leader, but given his experience and capabilities, he should be capable of at least being taken more seriously by his teammates even if they can't stand his (attempts at) humor.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    writer: Christopher Priest. Artists- rotating, Olivier Coipel, Phil Jiminez.
    Hopefully several "traditional" supporting characters rotating in and out, whatever their current jobs may be.
    Emphasizes Peter/Spidey as a hero, not a "(barely) lovable loser".
    I'm not interested in another "extremely bizarre misunderstanding leads to Peter getting blackballed" scenario.. also not interested in mass-murdering villains. I'm also not interested in death-causing villains all of a sudden being perfectly redeemable.
    Sounds like a good, solid premise.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Mighty Member

fair point guess i want something more
    Understandable, continuity used to be pretty smooth from the 60's to the 90's.
    However it all just became a mess after a while with big event stories and retcons.
    With 50 years worth of comics and 850+ issues of amazing alone (not including spin offs, annuals, guest appearances, one shots or minis), it can be pretty daunting to keep up with a character and get into a character.

I wouldn't be against a more streamlining of the MU, but I feel that's where a lot of the problems come from in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by FFJamie94 View Post
    Understandable, continuity used to be pretty smooth from the 60's to the 90's.
    However it all just became a mess after a while with big event stories and retcons.
    With 50 years worth of comics and 850+ issues of amazing alone (not including spin offs, annuals, guest appearances, one shots or minis), it can be pretty daunting to keep up with a character and get into a character.

I wouldn't be against a more streamlining of the MU, but I feel that's where a lot of the problems come from in the first place.
    yeah plus the story cant end so it hurts it too for me. Like I read so many manga from beginning to end so I can see a conclusion to those characters and appreciate their growth whereas for here if its not popular enough with the fans it doesnt matter and gets ignored and reverted back to normal. Like with Doc Ock whats the point of all that Superior Spiderman
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Spectacular Member

Easy, Peter J. Tomasi and Patrick Gleason. Their DC run on Green Lantern Corps, Batman, and Robin, and Superman are some of my favorite comics from DC. When Gleason moved over to Marvel, I have been hoping Gleason would follow, and they would be given the reigns of a Spider-Man ongoing.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by transformers03 View Post
    Easy, Peter J. Tomasi and Patrick Gleason. Their DC run on Green Lantern Corps, Batman, and Robin, and Superman are some of my favorite comics from DC. When Gleason moved over to Marvel, I have been hoping Gleason would follow, and they would be given the reigns of a Spider-Man ongoing.
    Could be good, and I'd also/especially love them on a Renew Your Vows-style series tackling Spider-Man as a family man.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

#1 Dream Team:

Rotating Artists: Marcos Martin, Mark Bagley, JRJr, and Ryan Stegman

Writer: Me!

-Pav, who promises a fun ride...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

I would have multiple titles.

For Amazing Spider-Man, Definitely Tomasi and Gleason

I would have a Spectacular Spider-Man, which would be a more fun title and have Dan Jurgans write it and Todd Nauck do the art.

A Web of Spider-Man, being darker and more “mob” and “street” level with Priest and JRJR

Then, Spider-Man, a title that would be action packed from cover to cover (like Nonstop is now), by Joe Kelly and Bachello.

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    #1 Dream Team:

Rotating Artists: Marcos Martin, Mark Bagley, JRJr, and Ryan Stegman

Writer: Me!

-Pav, who promises a fun ride...
    I'd buy that.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Astonishing Member

Writer:
    Christopher Yost but that's not happening, unfortunately. So underrated.
    More Chip Zdarsky is more of a good thing. I think he's going to stick, no pun intended with limited series like Life Story.
    Peter J Tomasi joining Patrick Gleason, I'd really like.
    Gerry Duggan mostly hits than misses. Rather have him with Brian Posehn, the Deadpool run by both was great

Artists:
    Patrick Gleason with PJT.
    Ryan Stegman.
    Marcos Martin.
    Russell Dauterman.
    Elena Casagrande is the star of the Black Widow book.
    Last edited by Batman Begins 2005; 04-19-2021 at 09:14 PM.

ASM: Zdarsky + Martin + Parlov
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

All-New Member

I hope when Nick Spencer finishes we get a year from Donny Cates with Stegman, Nic Klein, Shaw and Megan Hutchinson
    Just one year. Bring some huge stories make some proper changes.
    Let Donny pull the band aid on certain things.

Then let Chip Zdarsky do a proper 2/3 years of smaller stories.

Amazing Spider-man is the crown for Marvel comics, it should be a honor to write it. So only give it to the best.

Another option would be to only let a writer do 1 year tops of spider-man (which equals 50 ish Issues)
    In that case -> Cates -> Zdarsky -> Ewing -> Kelly Thompson. That way you have a year of darknes, a bit lighter, darker and lighter stories. (and yes I'm a fan of kelly Thompson, she's refreshing)