Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ferry View Post
    I hope when Nick Spencer finishes we get a year from Donny Cates with Stegman, Nic Klein, Shaw and Megan Hutchinson
    Just one year. Bring some huge stories make some proper changes.
    Let Donny pull the band aid on certain things.

Then let Chip Zdarsky do a proper 2/3 years of smaller stories.

Amazing Spider-man is the crown for Marvel comics, it should be a honor to write it. So only give it to the best.

Another option would be to only let a writer do 1 year tops of spider-man (which equals 50 ish Issues)
    In that case -> Cates -> Zdarsky -> Ewing -> Kelly Thompson. That way you have a year of darknes, a bit lighter, darker and lighter stories. (and yes I'm a fan of kelly Thompson, she's refreshing)
    Kelly doesn't like Spider-man imo.She could have put him in both captain marvel and black widow.Spider-man has ties with them both and Captain Marvel is in new york.She teased us with a cover and the have us Strange which is just Ugn.Captain marvel and Spidey were so good back in the day.Black widow would have been cool to see since we are are getting anya.Also how does 1 year-50 issues.I always though it leads to around 25 issues.And I feel to give writers a chance to write a great story they need atleast 2 years.Otherwise we will keep complaining to give us *insert good writer for spidey* again after his run his over

Mighty Member

Tim Seeley and Jan Duursema. I thought he balanced comedy and action well in Grayson/Nightwing, and her art in Star Wars: Legacy was always dynamic with interesting camera angles and efforts to convey motion.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Kelly doesn't like Spider-man imo.She could have put him in both captain marvel and black widow.Spider-man has ties with them both and Captain Marvel is in new york.She teased us with a cover and the have us Strange which is just Ugn.Captain marvel and Spidey were so good back in the day.Black widow would have been cool to see since we are are getting anya.Also how does 1 year-50 issues.I always though it leads to around 25 issues.And I feel to give writers a chance to write a great story they need atleast 2 years.Otherwise we will keep complaining to give us *insert good writer for spidey* again after his run his over
    I disagree. It did not take Conway 2 years to write ASM 121-122 and 129 ( first Punisher). Nor did it take Spencer 2 years to write Gibbon. There is plenty is history to be mined in Spider-Man, all someone has to do and look for it. The current Tablet Saga is one example of this. One problem with Amazing or any story where a writer has been there too long is you can get tired of a character and try new ideas that are often polar opposite of what most people want and expect ( see Superior) or the quality goes down ( see late Romita). Writers like Ditko and Stern got the time frame correct and did not overstay their welcome. That is something I expect to see from Spencer.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    I disagree. It did not take Conway 2 years to write ASM 121-122 and 129 ( first Punisher). Nor did it take Spencer 2 years to write Gibbon. There is plenty is history to be mined in Spider-Man, all someone has to do and look for it. The current Tablet Saga is one example of this. One problem with Amazing or any story where a writer has been there too long is you can get tired of a character and try new ideas that are often polar opposite of what most people want and expect ( see Superior) or the quality goes down ( see late Romita). Writers like Ditko and Stern got the time frame correct and did not overstay their welcome. That is something I expect to see from Spencer.
    Cool cool.To each their own I suppose