Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Extraordinary Member

Default What writer would you love to see come back to DC Comics

What writer would you love to see come back to DC Comics and what book(s) would you like to see him/her on?

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Peter David is the first that comes to mind, with Mark Waid a close second (but he's already kinda sorta back). The two of them have already written most of my favorites, so I'd be good with them doing whatever they wanted!

I'd also love to see Gail Simone back.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Mark Waid, Gail Simone, and (if he's gone) Priest.

Waid on Superman, Simone on whatever she wants, Priest on Justice League.

Gwenda Bond - I'd love her to continue the YA Lois Lane novels.

Lauren Myracle - I'd love a continuation of Under the Moon: A Catwoman Tale.

Christopher Priest. Dude wrote 50 issues of Deathstroke and then after his brief JL run got dropped, he deserved better. I’d give him either Suicide Squad or Aquaman.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Incredible Member

I know Garth Ennis has a Batman mini coming up, but I'd really like a decently long run (20+ issues) on a war story/character like what he did with Fury and Punisher in the MAX label over in Marvel. So, something like Black Label Sgt Rock or Black Label Blackhawks . Or possibly Black Label Rick Flag commanding a Black Label Suicide Squad (where the handpicked team is more grounded and realistic), if we're being ambitious.

Ennis loves writing war stories and war characters. Let him.

Christopher Priest: Justice League, Flash (Barry), Green Lantern (Hal), Wonder Woman, Superman (Clark), Green Arrow (Ollie), Gotham City PD, the Question (Montoya), Teen Titans.

villain series or mini: Riddler,
    The Suicide Squad, be sure to include Ms. Waller.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Peter David is the first that comes to mind, with Mark Waid a close second
    This for me as well.

Peter David is the first that comes to mind, with Mark Waid a close second (but he's already kinda sorta back). The two of them have already written most of my favorites, so I'd be good with them doing whatever they wanted!

I'd be okay with this. PAD could take over the teen team again, giving us back the real Young Justice, and not that load of boring crap Bendis gave us. I'd also like to see him tackle LSH. I think Waid should have a shot at Superman. As for Simone, I liked that JLA story she did with Garcia Lopez (The Hypotetical Woman, I think it was). I'd like to see how she'd handle the ongoing.

But what I'd really love to see is John Ostrander, writing whatever he feels like. I mean, his Suicide Squad is some of the best DC has ever published. I never though I'd be an avid Spectre reader, but he made it so. His JLA Incarnations and his Martian Manhunter series are to hidden gems. The guy can write, and I'd read anything he wrote.

Peace

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

I'd also take Ostrander back in a heartbeat. For all the Suicide Squad attempts that DC has made, only his was actually, ya know... good! Lol.

Ales Kot's short run (more like an arc) was interesting enough to leave me wanting more. It's a shame DC screwed him over, because those issues had the makings of something great.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Jim Starlin is my all time favorite creator.

Peter David is a great writer and as long as he has a head up on the crossover/events.

J.M. DeMattis give him a Hal Jordan series (don't care if he the Green Lantern or The Spectre) because he is the ONLY writer than ever made me like Hal Jordan and actually give a damn about him.

Mark Waid just give him Superman and/or Action Comics.
    Last edited by Cyberstrike; 04-14-2021 at 03:56 PM.