Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default What writer would you love to see come back to DC Comics

What writer would you love to see come back to DC Comics and what book(s) would you like to see him/her on?

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Peter David is the first that comes to mind, with Mark Waid a close second (but he's already kinda sorta back). The two of them have already written most of my favorites, so I'd be good with them doing whatever they wanted!

I'd also love to see Gail Simone back.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Mark Waid, Gail Simone, and (if he's gone) Priest.

Waid on Superman, Simone on whatever she wants, Priest on Justice League.

Gwenda Bond - I'd love her to continue the YA Lois Lane novels.

Lauren Myracle - I'd love a continuation of Under the Moon: A Catwoman Tale.

Christopher Priest: Justice League, Flash (Barry), Green Lantern (Hal), Wonder Woman, Superman (Clark), Green Arrow (Ollie), Gotham City PD, the Question (Montoya), Teen Titans.

villain series or mini: Riddler,
    The Suicide Squad, be sure to include Ms. Waller.

Christopher Priest. Dude wrote 50 issues of Deathstroke and then after his brief JL run got dropped, he deserved better. I’d give him either Suicide Squad or Aquaman.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Incredible Member

I know Garth Ennis has a Batman mini coming up, but I'd really like a decently long run (20+ issues) on a war story/character like what he did with Fury and Punisher in the MAX label over in Marvel. So, something like Black Label Sgt Rock or Black Label Blackhawks . Or possibly Black Label Rick Flag commanding a Black Label Suicide Squad (where the handpicked team is more grounded and realistic), if we're being ambitious.

Ennis loves writing war stories and war characters. Let him.

I really want to see Christopher Priest on a Flash book. He has a great knack for writing super science characters that he rarely gets to use. Having him write Barry and dropping some Flash Facts would be amazing.

Gail needs to write a King Shark mini series. She’s the reason the character has had such a resurgence. I would love for her to get another Secret Six type book with lesser known characters that she can just make her own. No editorial interference.

Still waiting for Waid to get a Superman run.

Mark Waid and Kurt Busiek. Kurt on a JSA or JLA book. Waid on a Flash book or a Superman book.

Simone recently wrote a segment for one of the Dark Nights tie ins so I think she has one foot in the door already.

Gail Simone on a Zatanna series

Kurt Busiek on another Wonder Woman project.
    Last edited by Gaius; 04-13-2021 at 04:54 PM.

Rucka to finally do the fourth Batwoman arc that was abandoned when he left DC.

Genevieve Valentine. Her Catwoman was the best since Brubaker.

Brubaker.

Messner-Loebs. His Flash run is my favorite.

Peter Milligan. Shade, the Changing Man. Enigma. The Extremist. Bring him back and let him unleash on the DCU.

Matt Wagner. Sandman Mystery Theatre was one of the best series DC ever put out. Bring him back also and let him loose.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Phil Jimenez on Titans
    Geoff Johns on Aquaman, Hawkman, & Shazam
    James Robinson on Justice Society
    Jeff Lemire on Justice League Dark
    Ben Percy on Green Arrow
    Gail Simone on Birds of Prey
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I really want to see Christopher Priest on a Flash book. He has a great knack for writing super science characters that he rarely gets to use. Having him write Barry and dropping some Flash Facts would be amazing.

Gail needs to write a King Shark mini series. She’s the reason the character has had such a resurgence. I would love for her to get another Secret Six type book with lesser known characters that she can just make her own. No editorial interference.

Still waiting for Waid to get a Superman run.
    Don’t think Waid will ever get on one of the main books, but I posted a link to a podcast he was on over on the Superman forum’s Clark Appreciation thread. There’s a good chance he might get to do a follow up to Birthright which I would love.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Peter David is the first that comes to mind, with Mark Waid a close second
    This for me as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    James Robinson on Justice Society
    I would LOVE to see this as well. May I have my James Robinson free of editorial interference, though?