Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    Genevieve Valentine - Looking at her Catwoman, I would like to see her take on Batwoman and The Question. She also seems like a good fit for Lois Lane and Oracle. Futuristic political intrigue could be fun.
    I would definitely be interested in this.

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    N.K. Jemisin - It doesn't seem as if she has other titles slated after Far Sector, which is a shame. Space adventures seem to be what she is most interested in, so I'd love her on cosmic Cyborg or Starfire. I'd also be interested in her take on the Bana-Mighdall.
    I remember her stating in interviews at the start of Far Sector something to the extent that she would see how it goes and whether she wants to continue writing comics.

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Peter David is the first that comes to mind, with Mark Waid a close second (but he's already kinda sorta back). The two of them have already written most of my favorites, so I'd be good with them doing whatever they wanted!

I'd also love to see Gail Simone back.
    I'd be okay with this. PAD could take over the teen team again, giving us back the real Young Justice, and not that load of boring crap Bendis gave us. I'd also like to see him tackle LSH. I think Waid should have a shot at Superman. As for Simone, I liked that JLA story she did with Garcia Lopez (The Hypotetical Woman, I think it was). I'd like to see how she'd handle the ongoing.

But what I'd really love to see is John Ostrander, writing whatever he feels like. I mean, his Suicide Squad is some of the best DC has ever published. I never though I'd be an avid Spectre reader, but he made it so. His JLA Incarnations and his Martian Manhunter series are to hidden gems. The guy can write, and I'd read anything he wrote.

Peace

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

I'd also take Ostrander back in a heartbeat. For all the Suicide Squad attempts that DC has made, only his was actually, ya know... good! Lol.

Ales Kot's short run (more like an arc) was interesting enough to leave me wanting more. It's a shame DC screwed him over, because those issues had the makings of something great.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Peter David is the first that comes to mind, with Mark Waid a close second (but he's already kinda sorta back). The two of them have already written most of my favorites, so I'd be good with them doing whatever they wanted!

I'd also love to see Gail Simone back.

Jim Starlin is my all time favorite creator.

Peter David is a great writer and as long as he has a head up on the crossover/events.

J.M. DeMattis give him a Hal Jordan series (don't care if he the Green Lantern or The Spectre) because he is the ONLY writer than ever made me like Hal Jordan and actually give a damn about him.

Mark Waid just give him Superman and/or Action Comics.
    Last edited by Cyberstrike; 04-14-2021 at 03:56 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Twice-named View Post
    Genevieve Valentine. Her Catwoman was the best since Brubaker.
    I was literally about to say this. The current Catwoman series is actually very good, at least what I've read of it, but I'd love to see Valentine tackle another character. Maybe even another female character. Lord knows there should be more female-driven series out there. Albeit, hopefully one outside of the Bat-family next time. I'm thinking Power Girl or maybe even a new Starfire solo series.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Exciter View Post
    How about Alan Moore? I’m sure they can work out their differences lol.
    Moore is the one I'd be excited about the most, even though it would surely be one of the signs of the apocalypse

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I really want to see Christopher Priest on a Flash book. He has a great knack for writing super science characters that he rarely gets to use. Having him write Barry and dropping some Flash Facts would be amazing.
    Hell yeah. His few moments of focus on Barry were so much better than...almost anything since he's returned.

Another vote for Chuck Dixon here.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cheat View Post
    Another vote for Chuck Dixon here.
    Any idea if he's still writing?

Last DC work I remember from him was the Batman and the Outsiders volume from... 2007? 2008? The one that got co-opted and just became Outsiders by Tomasi and Didio.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

Extraordinary Member

Last DC work I remember from him was the Batman and the Outsiders volume from... 2007? 2008? The one that got co-opted and just became Outsiders by Tomasi and Didio.
    The last series he has written or DC was bane Conquest in 2017-2018.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Peter David is also my first thought. After him, Gail Simone (who absolutely MUST write a Catman series!)
    Kurt Busiek also needs to return and follow up his Power Company series.
    Hell yes to all of this. Power Company had great potential, and I'd love to see what Skyrocket, Striker Z, Witchfire, Josiah Power and Manhunter are up to!

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    The last series he has written or DC was bane Conquest in 2017-2018.
    Oh yeah! Forgot all about that after the 2nd issue...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Twice-named View Post
    I would definitely be interested in this.

I remember her stating in interviews at the start of Far Sector something to the extent that she would see how it goes and whether she wants to continue writing comics.
    Thank you for that information. I certainly hope she had fun on Far Sector and might be interested in writing more.

Astonishing Member

Hickman, sigh what he could do with the Legion and the GLC. actually dream booking:
    Hickman Legion of Super Heroes and GLC
    Johns on Green Lantern and JSA
    Robinson and Roy Thomas on Freedom Fighters/All Star Squadron and Infinity Inc
    Busiek on JLA
    Dennis O'Neil on Azrael
    Tynion on Detective Comic team book like before
    Gail Simone on Secret Six
    Waid on Flash

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

His politics made him a toxic, and divisive writer over the last few years.