Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Renfield Dracula's Servant

https://screenrant.com/renfield-drac...-dead-creator/

Renfield: Dracula's Servant Movie From Walking Dead Creator In The Works I do hope it's part of the dark universe lol

I remember reading about this about a year or two ago. Rumor was they wanted it to be a comedy, which I was hoping wouldn't pan out, but seeing their choice in director and writer I guess there's little hope of it being anything else. Hopefully it's a good horror comedy at least. We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I remember reading about this about a year or two ago. Rumor was they wanted it to be a comedy, which I was hoping wouldn't pan out, but seeing their choice in director and writer I guess there's little hope of it being anything else. Hopefully it's a good horror comedy at least. We'll see.
    I'm wondering why this isn't just a Dracula move I mean how much can you really do with renfield?

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    I'm wondering why this isn't just a Dracula move I mean how much can you really do with renfield?
    A lot, I can imagine. It's about a man encountering the supernatural and somehow being seduced enough by it to be its slave. Many a film has charted the downward spiral of its protagonist to a tragic end. This would be no different.

As j9ac9k said, a lot. A man's spiral into madness at the hands of an otherworldly corrupting figure. All kinds of ways you can take it.
    Sadly, it's going to be a joke, and chances are one that doesn't land.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Renfield would be awesome. Tom Waits or not. You could do it as a TWaititi comedy or like the movie where Julia Roberts plays Dr Jekyll's housekeeper. A few years ago they even wanted to make a movie about Dracula's ship the Demeter starring Noomi Rapace. I was looking forward to this movie.

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Renfield would be awesome. Tom Waits or not. You could do it as a TWaititi comedy or like the movie where Julia Roberts plays Dr Jekyll's housekeeper. A few years ago they even wanted to make a movie about Dracula's ship the Demeter starring Noomi Rapace. I was looking forward to this movie.
    A movie about a ship?

Films have most likely made more out of less.

A movie about a ship?
    Dracula crosses the sea inside his dirt-from-home-coffin. Every night he kills crew members of the Demeter and feeds. It falls in line with what Stoker wrote (Stoker... another great flic) and I think Renfield's tale... succombing to Darkness could be just as interesting. Just give it to a director with a vision and not a Zak Snyder.

Did the Demeter picture get canceled? The news for it broke about the same time they said they were doing Demeter.

I's prefer a serious flick to a comedy here, since Dracula hasn't been in a good live action film since the 90s. But we'll see.

Did the Demeter picture get canceled? The news for it broke about the same time they said they were doing Demeter.

I's prefer a serious flick to a comedy here, since Dracula hasn't been in a good live action film since the 90s. But we'll see.
    Since you're asking I checked again (insert scene of me using the public library LOL) and movie's still coming out. At one point Neil Marshall and Viggo Mortensen were attached. Now its helmed by the guy who did Troll Hunter. I'm not a fan of vampires or Dracula unless they're used in a fresh and different way. If you like that check out Stoker (2013) and Byzantium (2012).

So the movie would be Dracula on a boat basically?

Since you're asking I checked again (insert scene of me using the public library LOL) and movie's still coming out. At one point Neil Marshall and Viggo Mortensen were attached. Now its helmed by the guy who did Troll Hunter. I'm not a fan of vampires or Dracula unless they're used in a fresh and different way. If you like that check out Stoker (2013) and Byzantium (2012).
    That's good, Demeter is the one Dracula project that has the most promise to be good.

As for Renfield, I'm a fan of the characters as are, and don't need a "fresh and different way" to be used for them, but I'm not against it either. But a parody isn't new or fresh, and usually doesn't wind up in a good or memorable movie these days. It could be a damn good parody, maybe. But I feel like I'm more likely to win the lottery than that is to happen. Just want one really stand out horror take on these icons this century.

So the movie would be Dracula on a boat basically?
    Demeter yes, and it could be pretty good.

Demeter yes, and it could be pretty good.
    question can the movie work without Dracula? Does Demeter have any lore that works on its own?