Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    question can the movie work without Dracula? Does Demeter have any lore that works on its own?
    No, it's just the ship Dracula sails to England on while killing all the crew one by one night by night. It doesn't need to work without Dracula, Dracula's in it, just like he'll be in this Renfield movie.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    That's good, Demeter is the one Dracula project that has the most promise to be good.

As for Renfield, I'm a fan of the characters as are, and don't need a "fresh and different way" to be used for them, but I'm not against it either. But a parody isn't new or fresh, and usually doesn't wind up in a good or memorable movie these days. It could be a damn good parody, maybe. But I feel like I'm more likely to win the lottery than that is to happen. Just want one really stand out horror take on these icons this century.
    Fingers crossed you get your wish. Have you read Mike Mignola's Dracula adaption (only heard good things about it) or watched BBC's Dracula and did you like them by any chance?

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Fingers crossed you get your wish. Have you read Mike Mignola's Dracula adaption (only heard good things about it) or watched BBC's Dracula and did you like them by any chance?
    Haven't heard of the first, and which BBC Dracula, the older one or the one on Netflix? Heard neither was great.

Haven't heard of the first, and which BBC Dracula, the older one or the one on Netflix? Heard neither was great.
    The Steven Moffat Netflix one has the usual Moffat trouble with getting too clever for its own good, however... that's mainly the third episode where you wonder WHY???! The second episode is totally set on the ship, and I thought that was excellent. Well worth seeing. I was simply blown away at how much fun that episode was. Then it ends with the set-up for episode 3, where Moffat adds his own twist to the story, and you're reminded he's his own worst enemy.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

The Netflix one. I've just watched and liked the first 2 episodes well enough to keep watching. The actors for Dracula and Harker are well picked the location looks creepy and real but the Nun character is annoying and some of the make-up sucks. There you go.

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    The Steven Moffat Netflix one has the usual Moffat trouble with getting too clever for its own good, however... that's mainly the third episode where you wonder WHY???! The second episode is totally set on the ship, and I thought that was excellent. Well worth seeing. I was simply blown away at how much fun that episode was. Then it ends with the set-up for episode 3, where Moffat adds his own twist to the story, and you're reminded he's his own worst enemy.
    Well I'll watch episode 3 soon and am worried now LOL

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Mignola's Dracula comic is great...but I'd hardly call it his adaptation as it's based on 90's film.

Well, he's certainly had some experience with that https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lct6x-XqWrw
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Mighty Member

Renfield's "descendants": Willie Loomis, Andreas the werewolf, Richard Straker.

Mighty Member

I forgot about Klove; Dracula Prince of Darkness, Scars of Dracula.