Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Stigmazilla View Post
    I went and rewatches some clips and the animorphs were acquiring and morphing into animals in under ten seconds, closer to 5 in some cases. Even adding in the couple seconds it would take for then to tag their target.

The Community characters are average humans. I've also added the paintball gun to the items store as well.
    Question regarding these:

What's the biggest animal/thing they've morphed into? And does that mean there'd be a limit? Users have enforced size limits on other things in the past, so I'd suggest sorting this issue before the league starts.

For instance, I had Doctor Strange make large portals in the last league. At the time, Strange even had the One Ring AND Elder Wand, which I argued would increase his ability to make larger portals, but that was deemed unreasonable.

Therefore, if the Animorph characters have never transformed into Godzilla-sized creatures before, I'd expect they couldn't do it in the league. Correct?
    Last edited by KJS; 04-20-2021 at 03:14 AM. Reason: I made an error.

Quote Originally Posted by KJS View Post

What's the biggest animal/thing they've morphed into? And does that mean there'd be a limit? Users have enforced size limits on other things in the past, so I'd suggest sorting this issue before the league starts.

For instance, I had Doctor Strange make large portals in the last league (pre-Endgame, when he did indeed prove he could make large portals). At the time, Strange even had the One Ring AND Elder Wand, which I argued would increase his ability to make larger portals, but that was deemed unreasonable.

Therefore, if the Animorph characters have never transformed into Godzilla-sized creatures before, I'd expect they couldn't do it in the league. Correct?
    They've morphed T-rexes, and whales, but not more than that I think.
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

For instance, I had Doctor Strange make large portals in the last league. At the time, Strange even had the One Ring AND Elder Wand, which I argued would increase his ability to make larger portals, but that was deemed unreasonable.

Time limit for animorphs staying in their form was 2 hours. Getting to said form would depend on the particular morpher. As some were simply better (smoother changes and quicker at changing) than others.

And, really there's nothing saying they can't. As Visser 3 (an Andalite that's controlled by a Yeerk, and can thus morph) has changed into a number of monstrous beasts. And, yes, wales and dinos.

Though, fun fact, when they morphed into mosquitos, they ended up getting slingshot into deep space for ...reasons. I don't remember the "why" it happened, but yeah. Luckily an Andalite warship was just close enough for thoughtspeak to reach.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Though, fun fact, when they morphed into mosquitos, they ended up getting slingshot into deep space for ...reasons. I don't remember the "why" it happened, but yeah. Luckily an Andalite warship was just close enough for thoughtspeak to reach.
    in the book, I think it was a spaceship going through warp clipped the extra dimensional area they stored all that extra mass, but I could be misremembering.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    in the book, I think it was a spaceship going through warp clipped the extra dimensional area they stored all that extra mass, but I could be misremembering.
    Yeah, that sounds about right.

In universe there is no such limit. The animorphs would morph whales with next to no problems.

If we want to set an league restriction, then I suppose we could.

Quote Originally Posted by Stigmazilla View Post
    In universe there is no such limit. The animorphs would morph whales with next to no problems.

If we want to set an league restriction, then I suppose we could.
    I get that "in universe" there was no such limit. But "in universe" the biggest animal is a blue whale. So there was no reason for anyone to say "there's nothing these guys can't morph into" - because that's the biggest animal they know.

Godzilla is, quite literally, hundreds of times bigger than a blue whale. With Godzilla not existing in the Animorphs universe, I'd like to see some evidence of the ability to morph into such a creature - especially if that's the plan with said characters, because that's a LOT different to anything any of them will have done before.

I don't know about the TV show, but in the books they did a lot of esoteric aliens with esoteric powers over the course of the series.

I get that "in universe" there was no such limit. But "in universe" the biggest animal is a blue whale. So there was no reason for anyone to say "there's nothing these guys can't morph into" - because that's the biggest animal they know.

Godzilla is, quite literally, hundreds of times bigger than a blue whale. With Godzilla not existing in the Animorphs universe, I'd like to see some evidence of the ability to morph into such a creature - especially if that's the plan with said characters, because that's a LOT different to anything any of them will have done before.
    I don't know about the TV show, but in the books they did a lot of esoteric aliens with esoteric powers over the course of the series.
    Like Munch says, it is an alien technology, routinely used and designed to turn into alien life, based on DNA. Your example of Godzilla who is an animal with DNA, logically shouldn't be any different, yes it would be a far bigger morph then they've ever done but it is well with in the limits of the technology. This is something that we've even agreed to back in the human tournament a few years back.

If we think it breaks the rules and we want to hard rule it as so then we can of course, or just increase their prices to reflect their abilities. This is partially why I flagged them for discussion.

Also do we have any idea what kind of point totals for teams we're looking at? for those who want to start getting a jump on ideas.

Also do we have any idea what kind of point totals for teams we're looking at? for those who want to start getting a jump on ideas.
    I'd also wonder what the arenas will be like this time. Last time we used quite large arenas that prevented blitzed and changed team structure quite a bit.

Maybe instead of the 2015 League thread we should have a NEW discussion thread stickied for this league! We could ask all our questions there!

Maybe instead of the 2015 League thread we should have a NEW discussion thread stickied for this league! We could ask all our questions there!
    No lets go back and use the 2015 thread. We've almost got a good ten years of it, and I want to see it through.

Newer is Cooler!

I wonder how hard it IS to get a mod to sticky a new thread?