Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

I've done a little research on Sam and Dean (by which I mean watched a handful or YouTube clips and read past Rumbles involving them - meaning I've seen what a number of Rumblers have said about them in the context of a fight).

They have a nice fighting technique, but they don't look beyond human. They appear to win due to exploiting opponents' weaknesses, by having assistance from a powerful friend, or by sheer dumb luck.

Rumbles consensus has them being beaten handily by Arrowverse Oliver Queen and low-end comic book peak humans (like Jason Todd and Roy Harper), and even losing to Bill Shatner's Captain Kirk one-on-one. It was also suggested that Michael Keaton's Batman (valued at "2") could beat them both in a handicap match.

While I absolutely accept that they've defeated some powerful foes, they've had plot armour and circumstantial assistance - just like a number of other characters in this list who are low in value - so I'm fairly happy that they should both be added with the valuation of "1".

Quote Originally Posted by Tomzilla View Post
    When it comes to power ranking, are we counting characters at their peak (without temporary powerups)? Illyria is on this list and I'm assuming this is Illyria at Full Power. If so, then Castiel deserves a higher ranking. Before his Seraph-ranked power and wings were forcibly removed/downgraded, Castiel was a formidable character. He's right up there with Illyria.

Is it too late to sign up for the Rumblers League?
    Quote Originally Posted by Stigmazilla View Post
    Not my call but I'm sure we can fit two Zillas in this League.
    Literally nobody has signed up yet, as the sign-up thread doesn't yet exist, so it's absolutely fine for you to join, Tomzilla.

Incidentally, I'm adding...

Joker, The (Joaquin Phoenix) 1

Quote Originally Posted by KJS View Post
    I've done a little research on Sam and Dean (by which I mean watched a handful or YouTube clips and read past Rumbles involving them - meaning I've seen what a number of Rumblers have said about them in the context of a fight).

They have a nice fighting technique, but they don't look beyond human. They appear to win due to exploiting opponents' weaknesses, by having assistance from a powerful friend, or by sheer dumb luck.

Rumbles consensus has them being beaten handily by Arrowverse Oliver Queen and low-end comic book peak humans (like Jason Todd and Roy Harper), and even losing to Bill Shatner's Captain Kirk one-on-one. It was also suggested that Michael Keaton's Batman (valued at "2") could beat them both in a handicap match.

While I absolutely accept that they've defeated some powerful foes, they've had plot armour and circumstantial assistance - just like a number of other characters in this list who are low in value - so I'm fairly happy that they should both be added with the valuation of "1".
    I mean they had literally written plot armor by Chuck for most of the series, being the main characters of his story/favorite universe.

Sam and Dead added as 1s, with Castiel tentatively added as a 6 while discussions about him continue.

Also adding...

Brienne of Tarth (Game of Thrones) 1
    Euron Greyjoy (Game of Thrones) 1
    Gendry (Game of Thrones) 1
    Grey Worm (Game of Thrones) 1
    Hellboy (David Harbor Movie) 4
    Ramsay Bolton (Game of Thrones) 1
    Theon Greyjoy (Game of Thrones) 1
    Tormund Giantsbane (Game of Thrones) 1
    Yara Greyjoy (Game of Thrones) 1

As it looks unlikely that there'll be many more additions, I'll accept new ones until the end of today, then create a signup thread.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Alright, I'll add these ideas to the list for discussion.

Characters:

Agent 47 (Stupendium) 2
    Alexia Bliss (WWE) 2
    Buffalo Demon King (The Monkey King Trilogy) 8
    Crewmate of Choice (Random Encounters) 1
    Erlang-Shen (The Monkey King Trilogy) 6
    Evil Genius (Stupendium) 1
    Fruit Ninja (Random Encounters) 1
    Jade Emporer (The Monkey King Trilogy) 7
    Nazha (The Monkey King Trilogy) 4
    Sherbert Shogun (Random Encounters) 1
    Sun Wukong (The Monkey King Trilogy) 10
    Vegetable Warlord (Random Encounters) 1
    White Bone Spirit (The Monkey King Trilogy) 7
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quick question:

Since the new Mortal Kombat will be out in less than a week, can we possibly add the characters now at levels we see in the trailer and than correct them when the movie comes out?

Or is that too nebulous?
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Quick question:

Since the new Mortal Kombat will be out in less than a week, can we possibly add the characters now at levels we see in the trailer and than correct them when the movie comes out?

Or is that too nebulous?
    If we aren't starting the league in that time period could we wait and add them?

I debated it, now I want to put Jack of Supernatural in.

Jack (Supernatural)- 7-10

7, as he is the Nephilim son of Lucifer, and his powers put him well above regular angels, and when matured enough, above even Archangels. 10, well, at the end of the series, he absorbed all of Chuck's powers, as well as the Darkness (Chuck's sister, and on par with him, whom had earlier merged with Chuck), making him God (literally) of the Supernatural multiverse.

Ajax (Troy) 1
    Christina Braithwhite (Lovecraft Country) 3
    Godzilla (2000) 9
    Iorek Byrnison (His Dark Materials) 2
    Lord Asriel (His Dark Materials) 1
    Lee Scoresby (His Dark Materials) 1
    Millennian (Godzilla) 9
    Orga (Godzilla) 9
    Pool Frog (Love and Monsters) 3
    Queen Sand-Gobbler (Love and Monsters) 4
    Serafina Pekkala (His Dark Materials) 4
    Will Parry (His Dark Materials) 2

Monsterverse Kong is probably a 10 now.

Not sure if anyone will use them but I just feel like adding the chars from this movie lol

Ja-Yoon (The Witch: Part 1 Subversion) 3-4? I'll let people judge.

Scenes Below

Gun accuracy and a minor show of strength/speed

The main fight scene of the movie. Speed to disappear even compared to someone who already has some speed that looks beyond human. Good showings of soak, speed, strength, durability, melee ability and some use of TK.

Last fight of the movie. Some of the same, but also some serious TK usage with immobilization (against someone who has some minor TK as well) and what looks like some internal head exploding? Not sure.

Also adding in below:

Mr Choi (The Witch: Part 1 Subversion) 1?

The relatively normal cool guy in the last clip who nonetheless can throw a human body like 5 feet by the hair. Also has a fake hand, that's why he can just tank the knife strike in that clip.

Girl with long hair (The Witch: Part 1 Subversion) 2?

The knife girl in the last clip who apparently doesn't have a name officially. Got some good soak and deflected a bullet once there, but is probably more of an aim-dodge thing than actually seeing and stopping the bullet there.

Gets some more showings of speed/acrobatics in this other scene where she gets to fight, and some minor TK.

and finally

Nobleman (3)

Who is the is the kid Ja-Yoon fights in the main fight as shown above. TK, speed, strength, toughness, but not enough to be eat her.
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

A Zest 4 KungFu Treachery Darth Drizzle's Avatar

Cannonball (New Mutants) 6
    Magick (New Mutants) 7
    Mirage (New Mutants) 8
    Sinestro (Green Lantern) 9

Sinestro: I think between his showings and Kilowag/Hals feats he could be included here.

Magick: Apparently their is debate about her making locking her Dragon real or just an illusion. I am in the real department as it was pretty clear to me that she used her powers to do so. If not then she should be priced lower.
    And with that the rest of the Domino's will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Drizzle View Post
    Cannonball (New Mutants) 6
    Magick (New Mutants) 7
    Mirage (New Mutants) 8
    Sinestro (Green Lantern) 9

Sinestro: I think between his showings and Kilowag/Hals feats he could be included here.

Magick: Apparently their is debate about her making locking her Dragon real or just an illusion. I am in the real department as it was pretty clear to me that she used her powers to do so. If not then she should be priced lower.
    I always found that Lockheed was obviously real, and was surprised to hear people thinking otherwise.

Also can we hand wave Na'vi breathing Earth air, or are we keeping them out of the League?

Basilisk (Harry Potter) 9
    Bullseye (MCU) 2
    Cassie (Animorphs) 2
    Elliot (Pete's Dragon remake) 4
    Evil Annie (Community) 5
    Evil Abed (Community) 5
    Evil Jeff (Community) 5
    Evil Troy (Community) 5
    Fallen, the (Transformers) 7
    Haitian, the (Heroes) 8
    Jake (Animorphs) 2
    Jerry Dandrige (Fright Night) 4
    John Sheppard (Stargate Atlantis) 1
    Jordan Kent (Superman and Lois) 3
    K-9 (Whoniverse) 4
    Lex Luthor (Superman and Lois) 8
    Liz Asher (Garth Marenghis Dark Place) 5
    Marco (Animorphs) 2
    Rachel (Animorphs) 2
    Slappy (Goosebumps) 6
    Stewart Little (Stewart Little) 1
    Superman (Superman and Lois) 10
    Wolfsbane (New Mutants) 2
    Xilien Kaiser (Godzilla Final Wars) 2
    Last edited by Stigmazilla; 04-18-2021 at 09:32 PM.

That's all for this thread.

Feel free to discuss amendments to additions and the old list, but no more new ones, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    I debated it, now I want to put Jack of Supernatural in.

Jack (Supernatural)- 7-10

7, as he is the Nephilim son of Lucifer, and his powers put him well above regular angels, and when matured enough, above even Archangels. 10, well, at the end of the series, he absorbed all of Chuck's powers, as well as the Darkness (Chuck's sister, and on par with him, whom had earlier merged with Chuck), making him God (literally) of the Supernatural multiverse.
    It's the same answer as everything else. His standard power levels are what matter here. This is how it works with every single character. Whatever that is - and it's you who needs to know that - that's the level he would be.

That's everything added.

As I said, discussions can now be had about values. But if you've added someone, you need to clarify who they are and what their powers are. Make that clear. If you don't know, please don't add them.