Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

I enjoyed the issue and I think Vita did a really good job creating a rich character in Gabriel. Also, I'm excited to see how the Hell's Belles adapt to life on Krakoa, should be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I think there’s something sinister going on with the team’s technology that might slowly be changing their DNA (hence why they keep trying the gates).
    I hadn't considered that the tech could be mutating their DNA, good call. But even if it was, wouldn't that make them mutates (like Deadpool and the folks in the Savage Land)?
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

I can see Vita is passionate about the book but something keeps feeling off to me:

If I was picking a mutant to speak on behalf of the safety and welfare of children, Mystique would not be my first choice. Unless of course she’s just being hostile for the sake of it, which is entirely possible.
    Why is there a whole page dedicated to a workout regime and what your going to eat afterwards. (Vita’s not the only writer to do this, I just feel its a waste of a page)
    Constant mocking of the Hells Belles being old in both issues.
    I do think dialogue overall has improved since last issue, but ‘Nighty-Night crawler’s’ still annoying.

The character set up for Gabriel is lovely, but it’s a lot of telling us he is misunderstood and not seeing any of that actually happening. Plus his current lifestyle as we know it doesn’t seem to match with the teams goals. Gabriel appears dedicated to his family and helping others around him. He is driven, dedicated to his passions, has dreams for a future; but will trade away all of that to be on Krakoa and be a mutant? Yes they don’t force you to stay on Krakoa, but it’s heavily implied that once you’re there, you stay. Why does Gabriel want to leave what appears to be a loving family so badly?

Better read than the first, but still a no for me.
    Last edited by Proxy; 04-14-2021 at 11:46 AM.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

fair enough but don't be surprised that if you continue reading there are more "um okay" moments.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Storm still assuming these kids are mutants even though Cerebro cant detect them. Um okay....
    I was really expecting for her to have some insight and be like “I know you’re humans, but clearly you’re lost/ figuring stuff out so you can still call on us if you need help.” It would have made the moment even sweeter and explained why she was so quick to get the Avengers out because she didn’t want to expose the kids.

I was really expecting for her to have some insight and be like “I know you’re humans, but clearly you’re lost/ figuring stuff out so you can still call on us if you need help.” It would have made the moment even sweeter and explained why she was so quick to get the Avengers out because she didn’t want to expose the kids.
    Honestly I thought going into that last battle I thought it was a set up where Storm wanted to draw the kids out to talk to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Rödney View Post
    I hadn't considered that the tech could be mutating their DNA, good call. But even if it was, wouldn't that make them mutates (like Deadpool and the folks in the Savage Land)?
    Maybe it specifically changes their DNA to have an X-gene? Honestly superhero genetics don’t really make sense to me.

Maybe it specifically changes their DNA to have an X-gene? Honestly superhero genetics don’t really make sense to me.
    If they have the X-gene they could pass the gate to Krakoa

This has been great. I love the characterization

My interpretation is that they are trying to hack into the Krakoa portals.

Are we gonna ignore the fact by definition these kids are showing signs of insanity? Attempting to go through the gate yet again, if they keep doing this & expect a different result they are all insane I pity them. Also this keeps giving me discount Young Avengers & I think that's why I'm enjoying it so much

Maybe it specifically changes their DNA to have an X-gene?
    That would be quite original and revolutionary. I don't think that's been done before and it would certainly be breaking new ground!

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    My interpretation is that they are trying to hack into the Krakoa portals.
    That could absolutely be the case and could be interesting. What kind of technology could even do that?!
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Are we gonna ignore the fact by definition these kids are showing signs of insanity? Attempting to go through the gate yet again, if they keep doing this & expect a different result they are all insane I pity them. Also this keeps giving me discount Young Avengers & I think that's why I'm enjoying it so much
    Doing the same and expecting a different result is not a sign of insanity, that is stupid. I can flip a coin ten times the same and have different results.

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Rödney View Post
    That would be quite original and revolutionary. I don't think that's been done before and it would certainly be breaking new ground!

That could absolutely be the case and could be interesting. What kind of technology could even do that?!
    Well, Hordeculture can do it. It's possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Storm still assuming these kids are mutants even though Cerebro cant detect them. Um okay....

Who was the blonde at the end? Husk?
    Given the silver form to human form, I assumed it was Paige. It was just a bit jarring that she was in whatever that costume was rather than her current costume.

Quote Originally Posted by Proxy View Post
    Constant mocking of the Hells Belles being old in both issues.
    This confused me since the Belles are probably in their late 20's or early 30's. Being in that age range, I feel very attacked.

Is it possible that these kids are maybe being mind controlled unknowingly. There friend wasn't really into mutants yet now suddenly he is going to Dazzler concert. Every night they keep messing with the gate even though they have good lives and know they are not mutants.

This seems like some weird experiment

Quote Originally Posted by Husk View Post
    Given the silver form to human form, I assumed it was Paige. It was just a bit jarring that she was in whatever that costume was rather than her current costume.
    yeah I was confused bc it looked like a New X-men. At first I thought it was a miscolored Mercury especially since she didnt lose her clothes (which Husk tends to when she rips her skin off