Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Doing the same and expecting a different result is not a sign of insanity, that is stupid. I can flip a coin ten times the same and have different results.

Well, Hordeculture can do it. It's possible.
    Ugh duh a Coin Flip is a 50/50 chance.

Extraordinary Member

Doing the same and expecting a different result is not a sign of insanity, that is stupid. I can flip a coin ten times the same and have different results.
    It is a saying that probably originated with alcoholics and other addicts. It applies to behaviour. Flipping a coin that always gives the same result just means you are stuck in an inception.

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    Is it possible that these kids are maybe being mind controlled unknowingly. There friend wasn't really into mutants yet now suddenly he is going to Dazzler concert. Every night they keep messing with the gate even though they have good lives and know they are not mutants.

This seems like some weird experiment
    I think the friend is on Mutant Growth Hormone and feels bad.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    It is a saying that probably originated with alcoholics and other addicts. It applies to behaviour. Flipping a coin that always gives the same result just means you are stuck in an inception.
    But we do not know what they are trying to do to enter the portals so saying that they are crazy seems to be an exaggeration.

Extraordinary Member

But we do not know what they are trying to do to enter the portals so saying that they are crazy seems to be an exaggeration.
    I am not the person who made the statement, I was just clarifying how it was used. Journey did say 'if' and qualified the craziness to the scenario in which the group is trying this over and over. While I would not word it in such a way, having both issues seemingly show the group acting in a way, including the use of powers (of unknown origins), resembling a team of mutant heroes and then end with trying to cross through a gate, it is not unreasonable to see this as showing some sort of, not sure what word to use, inner conflict maybe.

Well, Hordeculture can do it. It's possible.
    Crap, you're right! I reckon you might be on to something mate!
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    yeah I was confused bc it looked like a New X-men. At first I thought it was a miscolored Mercury especially since she didnt lose her clothes (which Husk tends to when she rips her skin off
    Maybe Vita or the artist doesn't have much experience with Husk. She might've been randomly chosen from a list. Storm, Husk, Outlaw and Toad was quite a random grouping.

This issue kinda unintentionally raised an interesting question with Krakoa. So they basically showed up in the middle of a group of mutants committing a crime and wrecking the place and basically acted as an extract via the one-time use gate. So while we know that they offer the offender amnesty, do they just shrug their shoulders and leave the place wrecked after incidents like this thinking of it as not their problem despite a mutant having been the cause or do they have money allocated in their budget to pay for such damages?

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    This issue kinda unintentionally raised an interesting question with Krakoa. So they basically showed up in the middle of a group of mutants committing a crime and wrecking the place and basically acted as an extract via the one-time use gate. So while we know that they offer the offender amnesty, do they just shrug their shoulders and leave the place wrecked after incidents like this thinking of it as not their problem despite a mutant having been the cause or do they have money allocated in their budget to pay for such damages?
    That is a good question. However, there are mutants with off the charts TK abilities who could clean that up in seconds so I don't think they'd need money for a clean up crew. It would be good to see this addressed though.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Astonishing Member

I’d wager that if the kids are mutants; their mutations don’t match their apparent powers (which all seem to be tech based, except maybe marvel guy)

Some might by Chimera’s but I’d bet money that at least one was depowered by Wanda before their powers manifested

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    I am not the person who made the statement, I was just clarifying how it was used. Journey did say 'if' and qualified the craziness to the scenario in which the group is trying this over and over. While I would not word it in such a way, having both issues seemingly show the group acting in a way, including the use of powers (of unknown origins), resembling a team of mutant heroes and then end with trying to cross through a gate, it is not unreasonable to see this as showing some sort of, not sure what word to use, inner conflict maybe.
    I would label it as altruistic, diffidence they have the desire to help but lack the confidence to do it as themselves & masquerade as something they are not. Now as you explained my point is if at every issue were gonna keep seeing them try & pass through a gate & get rejected over & over again then they are exhibiting signs of insanity especially after constant rejection.

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    I’d wager that if the kids are mutants; their mutations don’t match their apparent powers (which all seem to be tech based, except maybe marvel guy)

Some might by Chimera’s but I’d bet money that at least one was depowered by Wanda before their powers manifested
    Ugh Queen Wanda truly doesn't miss.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    When Magneto used satellites from other nations during the Cotati invasion, he commanded that they pay for the ones he had broken and were public and for civilian use.

Quote Originally Posted by Husk View Post
    Maybe Vita or the artist doesn't have much experience with Husk. She might've been randomly chosen from a list. Storm, Husk, Outlaw and Toad was quite a random grouping.
    Remember what Lorna said in X Factor when making a team it's not about making the best team it's about who's available

I remember when Toad and Husk were a thing. Better than Husk and Angel that's for sure.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!