Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    This was OK. I need these kids to get some team training under them.

I was like this kids are gonna die.
    What if they die? What if they are resurrected? What if they were only human?

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    What if they die? What if they are resurrected? What if they were only human?
    I'm hoping they're mutants. If not, I will probably lose interest's in them like I did Cloak and Dagger.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    You know i am very curious, Storm portrayal so far makes me wonder, what do you all think her reaction is going to be if it turns out that the teens are not mutants?
    this storm will call up cap and say come get your chillun

this storm no matter human or mutant would fight to help them:

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Fantastic Member

Maybe the kids believe they are mutants, but their powers hasn't yet activated. Maybe even one them have power to sense other mutants, and told others that they also has X-Gene. So they put themselves into dangerous situations to trigger it and go to the Gates every time to check if they succeeded or not.

I can't remember any human/superhuman who intentionally pretended to be a mutant, BUT there were mutants before who could hide from Cerebro, so it seems logical that Storm and others assumed that the kids are mutants.

I think it’s Paige. Vita hasn’t corrected me on twitter. And well Jason Aaron liked it. So he obviously looked at it when I tweeted him it.

I mean if someone wants to ask her. Go right ahead. But the one panel she seems clearly in husk form.

Really enjoyed this issue. Gabe is already a great black character, just what we needed. Loving all of them though

Someone really needs to fix this. Assuming it’s Mercury is going very far on a limb, lol.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Child...e_Atom_Vol_1_2

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    I think it’s Paige. Vita hasn’t corrected me on twitter. And well Jason Aaron liked it. So he obviously looked at it when I tweeted him it.

I mean if someone wants to ask her. Go right ahead. But the one panel she seems clearly in husk form.
    Yeeeah it's Husk
    GrindrStone(D)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    I really don't think there is a mystery I think they are humans who really want to be mutants. 2 Issues in and we haven't seen them use their powers without their suits on.
    Someone pointed out it could be mutant dysphoria. Which will be very interesting if handled well. But given vita's personal experience I hope they handle it excellently.
    But overall a VERY strong story.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    this storm will call up cap and say come get your chillun

this storm no matter human or mutant would fight to help them:

The fact that cerebro hasn't detected them as mutants but even still she was willing to take them in shows that she highly values their lives and safety. The tone is not consistent yes, but the intent is clear. She just wants them to be safe that's why she was searching for them.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    OG Storm would probably be protective but encouraging. Current Storm? Guess it depends on the phase of the moon on the day the page is drawn.
    That I agree, like I was saying with kyss the tone is very inconsistent. I just hope these children are given the story they deserve. I love them all.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Ugh Queen Wanda truly doesn't miss.
    Tbh I’d hope it isn’t the case, but it’s too low hanging a fruit for Vita not to reach for

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    Someone pointed out it could be mutant dysphoria. Which will be very interesting if handled well. But given vita's personal experience I hope they handle it excellently.
    But overall a VERY strong story.
    Eh that's a reach
    Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Tbh I’d hope it isn’t the case, but it’s too low hanging a fruit for Vita not to reach for
    WELL she did affect 99% of the world's mutants
    so oDDS are....
    GrindrStone(D)

Spectacular Member

considering that basketball friend/classmate they had apparently got a special kind of operation that not just healed him from his sickness but got stronger, I think that these kids probably underwent some operation too to try to become mutants on a genetical level. now either its just from one of them being a genius or some hidden character that will be revealed later but they do seem to have the belief that eventually they can cross through the gates which is why they keep trying. it makes sense to me that way which is also why they haven't admitted to other mutants that they aren't one, because if all their actions are just a form of flattery for the mutants then I think they would parade the fact that they are humans on the side of supporting mutants.

also people missed it but storm specifically mentioned how the cerebro scan is blocked, not that its just not reading them as mutants. this could be due to technology or whatever genetic operation they went that's blocking it. so from the x-men's perspective, they actually could still be mutants.

Spectacular Member

oh and if that classmate of theirs isn't being built up to be an antagonist and joins their team, I could see him taking the role of "beast", which would make it that they only lack an iceman to have the O5 lineup.