Hi all. Just wanted to know if anyone read the Darkhawk: Heart of the Hawk one-shot? It was released to celebrate the 30th anniversary of Darkhawk. (30 years, my God, has it been that long?!) Definitely thought it was a great issue that highlighted the two distinguishing features of Chris' life, his street level days and his cosmic ones. Honestly, the stories were quite enjoyable since they cut to the core of those periods in Darkhawk's history. The first story featured Chris back in the 90s with classic villains and characters. It certainly resonated for me as that was when I first came to know the character. Story certainly evoked a lot of nostalgia. At the same time, it was fresh since I wasn't too versed in the Darkhawk mythos of this time. The art was pretty sweet as well. The second story highlighted Darkhawk's time as a cosmic warrior. Again, the feelings of nostalgia were there. I dug Chris' time as a space hero and seeing him transform and deliver his Darkforce beams were a treat. Also, the story really elucidated other aspects. All these years I wondered what the hell was a "Datasong." Finally got a clear explanation. And it seems so cool.

Now the third story....I don't know where this will lead to. We're seeing a mature Chris here. What will happen with the amulet and if Chris stays Darkhawk, that seems to be up in the air. (Me, I'd like Chris should stay as Darkhawk. We've still too many stories to tell with him).

Through all of the stories though, we get to see Chris' personality. It's cool to see the things that drive him, his motivation, his relationship with his father, those are true regardless if he's fighting on an NYC street or up in the outer edges of the galaxy.

All in all, I liked what I read. It reminded me why I like Darkhawk. Glad to know a new Darkhawk series is coming out later as well.

Would love to hear your thoughts on this issue!