Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Finally read the issue and I was impressed. Saw the full page ad about the new Darkhawk ongoing.
    I'll be telling my LCS to add it to my list.

It has been some time since my 90s reads so I'm going to ask...is this issue revealing Savage Steel to be Chris's dad or did we know that?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I remember the Infinity Countdown story, which I read on Marvel Unlimited and enjoyed a lot. One day, I feel like I need to read all the Darkhawk stuff to actually understand who this character is since Marvel seems to be doing a lot with him but in very inconsistent doses.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

I like darkhawk too (say out loud). First read about him in war of kings.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I remember the Infinity Countdown story, which I read on Marvel Unlimited and enjoyed a lot. One day, I feel like I need to read all the Darkhawk stuff to actually understand who this character is since Marvel seems to be doing a lot with him but in very inconsistent doses.
    I will not be shocked to see a Darkhawk Omnibus listed in a year or two.
    Based on other similar heroes getting the treatment: Cloak&Dagger(two volumes), Thunderbolts and New Warriors.

I would personally rather have two smaller $75 Omnis than one gargantuan 1400 page beast but I do expect a Darkhawk Omnibus in the not too distant future. Especially if he shows up in any of the films.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Draegwolf View Post
    Always glad when Marvel decides to put out any material related to Darkhawk. Frankly still annoyed that they never bothered to roll him over into the Guardians during the start of their last few runs, they had the perfect opportunity to do so and instead we got a one-off tie-in that went no where.

I enjoyed reading this, though Abnett's section was easily my favorite of the three. I find it bittersweet since it presents a good idea of the sort of stories we could have been seeing if Abnett had been allowed to continue with his plans for Darkhawk as a cosmic character. Just feels like another wasted opportunity, especially given that at the time both Nova & the Guardians of the Galaxy were off the board and how the Annihilators never went anywhere beyond their initial run.

While I'm wary about getting a new Darkhawk, I don't feel Chris was really properly utilized in the post-Annihilation landscape
    I know, right?! When I saw this image, I thought Chris had finally got the call. Sadly, he was just wallpaper

Last edited by K7P5V; 04-23-2021 at 02:42 PM. Reason: Added Clarification.