Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Future What If? mini-series you'd like to see

Chip Zdarsky and Pasqual Ferry's What If: Spider's Shadow is a welcome revamp of the What If? line, allowing for TPB length stories, rather than just single issue (or in some case, double-length) What Ifs?

So, what other Spider-Man What If? mini-series would you like to see? In this case, the story will likely be different enough from the originals that we can go with new version of older material, like What If Spider-Man joined the Fantastic Four? What If Aunt May had died instead of Uncle Ben? What if the clone had survived? What if Gwen Stacy survived?
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Chip Zdarsky and Pasqual Ferry's What If: Spider's Shadow is a welcome revamp of the What If? line, allowing for TPB length stories, rather than just single issue (or in some case, double-length) What Ifs?

So, what other Spider-Man What If? mini-series would you like to see? In this case, the story will likely be different enough from the originals that we can go with new version of older material, like What If Spider-Man joined the Fantastic Four? What If Aunt May had died instead of Uncle Ben? What if the clone had survived? What if Gwen Stacy survived?
    This should be on the Marvel Comics forum because Zdarsky said he will be doing other What If series and not all of them will be Spider-Man centric.

I'd probably do something with Peter and Felicia.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 04-15-2021 at 09:30 AM.

Astonishing Member

What if Betty Brant was Spider-Girl/Woman?

She's the only one from the original "What if" that hasn't gotten a new version.

Remake of What If Spider-Man Had Married Black Cat.

I'd go with "What if Mary Jane was actually Jackpot?" . They could beat Sony to the punch.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I'd go with "What if Mary Jane was actually Jackpot?" . They could beat Sony to the punch.
    There don't seem to be many What-If stories revolving around the BND era? I wonder why. [Correct me if I am wrong]

I think it might be that BND is itself fundamentally a What-If situation for the most part.

Obviously the answer is that readers would want to know "what if these stories happened if Peter-MJ are married"

I'd probably do something with Peter and Felicia.

I wouldn't doing a life story for other characters.
    Great idea I'd love to read such a story.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Another fine choice.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    There don't seem to be many What-If stories revolving around the BND era? I wonder why. [Correct me if I am wrong]

I think it might be that BND is itself fundamentally a What-If situation for the most part.

Obviously the answer is that readers would want to know "what if these stories happened if Peter-MJ are married"
    There was a What If? that revolved around Grim Hunt.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/What_...er-Man_Vol_1_1

Another that revolved around Dark Reign (so while not Spider-Man specific, it is definitely Spider-Man adjacent.)

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/What_..._Reign_Vol_1_1

Another Spidey-adjacent revolved around Seige.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/What_If%3F_Vol_1_200

The problem is What Ifs had sort of fallen out of style and Marvel only released a relative few over the last decade or so (and some of them had a particular theme around them as well).

Edit: An argument could also be made that some of those Secret Wars tie-ins absolutely were "What If" comics in all but name.
    Last edited by Kevinroc; 04-14-2021 at 08:29 PM.

At the end of Spider-Island, Julia Carpenter told Peter to use the Anti-Spider Vaccine on himself. He didn't. He used it on MJ to cure her.

What if he listened to her and used it on himself?

(We absolutely would have gotten this one if Marvel were regularly publishing What If comics over the last decade or so.)

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post

I'm more curious about What if Peter let Doc Ock die?

I'm not really a Peter/MJ fan but would that change the BND era that much? I guess you could do a shorter version of Life Story where each issue is a year?

Thanks for the support on my other ideas.

The thing people need to remember about What If comics is they tend to end very badly for the protagonists. Because the creators don't have to worry about the next issue or the rest of the line, they can do things like kill off characters (which they do quite frequently).

This isn't always the case, of course. But it's something to keep in mind.

Incredible Member

A story where Kraven’s Last Hunt happens but Spider-Man actually is murdered by Kraven and he continues to pose as Spider-Man until Ben Reilly and Kaine return to NYC to deal with him in one way or another. Ben comes to claim the life he never had and Kaine would come after Ben but also after Kraven to continue their feud we saw in the back up stories of Grim Hunt. It becomes a what if of Ben or Kaine claiming Peter’s life after his death.

I'd love to see a Captain Universe Peter Parker as the guardian of planet Earth mini. I think it'd be interesting to see how would Peter deal with his bigger responsability that would come with greater power