Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Spider-Man: Spider Stained Scarlet --- What if Ben Reilly had survived his injuries at the hands of Norman Osborn in Revelations, the finale of the (lamented and lamentable) Clone Saga?
    It would be great to see a possible universe in which Peter and Ben decided to both be Spider-Man and continue as partners.

My thought: WHAT IF Ben as the Scarlet Spider remained the #1 Spider hero after Peter retired to be a dad -- indefinitely?

-Pav, who could finally get more Ben Reilly + Phil Urich...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Mighty Member

Hmmm, I think one that I would like to see in a mini is "what if Norman never Remembered he was the Green Goblin".
    I feel by doing that, you'd get Peter and Gwen married, and you can also get Harry and MJ getting married.
    Plus how would Gwen react to Venom? Surely she would have learned Peter was Spider-man by then.
    Then you also have Harry and Norman's relationship and what would happen.
    It also takes out all the clone stuff.

What If... MJ accepted Pete's proposal the first time (ASM #182-183):

I'd like to see a followup to What If? Gwen Stacy lived. To remind people, it ended with Norman surviving as well but getting help for his mental problems, but not before leaking Peter's secret ID to Jameson, who decided to go public on the day of Peter & Gwen's wedding leading a squad of cops showing up to arrest Peter, which sends him on the run while Aunt May has a heart attack & Robbie quits the Bugle in disgust to help clear Peter's name. It ends with Peter wondering if he'll have to become a criminal to survive.

Now, obviously it should be pretty clear that honestly things would be OK in the long run - he's been offered membership of the Avengers at least once at this point in his life and he's friends with the FF, so he has places to stay here his family can be safe and the most likely person to target his family is at least temporarily off the board (and Harry's not trying to avenge his dad). He's not actually likely to become a long-term fugitive like we see in the Civil War/Back In Black era, with Robbie and Gwen advocating for him in the public arena.

But that's if he can survive the target Jameson has painted on his back long enough to take advantage of it. Because while he's still an outlaw, he's still vulnerable, and every hood, hitman, and supervillain is going to want to take a shot...

What if Gabriel was Peter's son and became Spider-boy?
    What if Jessica Jones became Spider-Woman?
    What if Jameson became Spider-Man?
    What if Spider-Man created the Young Avengers?
    What if Peter and Miles battled for the name Spider-Man?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yvonmukluk View Post
    I'd like to see a followup to What If? Gwen Stacy lived. To remind people, it ended with Norman surviving as well but getting help for his mental problems, but not before leaking Peter's secret ID to Jameson, who decided to go public on the day of Peter & Gwen's wedding leading a squad of cops showing up to arrest Peter, which sends him on the run while Aunt May has a heart attack & Robbie quits the Bugle in disgust to help clear Peter's name. It ends with Peter wondering if he'll have to become a criminal to survive.

Now, obviously it should be pretty clear that honestly things would be OK in the long run - he's been offered membership of the Avengers at least once at this point in his life and he's friends with the FF, so he has places to stay here his family can be safe and the most likely person to target his family is at least temporarily off the board (and Harry's not trying to avenge his dad). He's not actually likely to become a long-term fugitive like we see in the Civil War/Back In Black era, with Robbie and Gwen advocating for him in the public arena.

But that's if he can survive the target Jameson has painted on his back long enough to take advantage of it. Because while he's still an outlaw, he's still vulnerable, and every hood, hitman, and supervillain is going to want to take a shot...
    That's a pretty good premise to work with.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

What-if? Aunt May stayed as the Golden Moldie Oldie
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Astonishing Member

Well, what can I say, the first issue of "Spider's Shadow" has been incredible; and its ending wasn't a suprise, honestly. I mean, in the first preview, we could see HobGoblin attacking Peter at his Aunt May's home; and in a world where Spidey kept the symbiote, well... It was obvious that was going to be HobGoblin's last mistake. Either way, this is just a different turn of an already saw "What If...?". It was What If? Vol 2 #4, "What If the Alien Costume Had Possessed Spider-Man?". I would have prefered to see new a different stories in these new "What If...?", but they are just to recycle old issues to give them new twists, then I have my "wish list". Let's see:

1º) "What If? Vol 1 7 - What If Someone Else Besides Spider-Man Had Been Bitten By The Radioactive Spider?": We have already enough stories about these possibilities, but I have a more interesting twist. If we applied what we know today, then how about if instead of seeing who MIGHT have been bitten by the radioactive spider instead of Peter, we see who ELSE might have been bitten by the radioactive spider alongside Peter? In other words, how about if someone else would have become Silk, instead of Cindy Moon? I have a perfect candidate for that: Mary Jane Watson. MJ's fashion sense would fit with Silk's abilities to create clothes. And what could happen if we add the "animal attraction" between Silk and Spider-Man to the relationship between Peter and Mary Jane? I'm VERY curious.

2º) "What If? Vol 1 19 - What If Spider-Man Had Stopped the Burglar Who Killed His Uncle?": This was a good issue, but with wasted potential. I mean, Peter stops the Burglar and he doesn't lose his Uncle Ben. OK, he doesn't learn the tought lesson, but how about if he makes a better use of his fame or fortune instead. I mean, with his money, he can cause things like some of his villains never existing (like Doctor Octopus) and become a revolutionary scientist with their help. Peter Parker will starting to act like Tony "big fat ego" Stark, but his actions could actually cause a lot of good where he couldn't do in the main reality. of course, the problem will keep being Jameson and his insane obsession.

3º) "What If? Vol 1 24 - What If Gwen Stacy Had Lived?": This issue left us with an unsolved cliffhanger, so I would like to see something like this story completed.

4º) "What If? Vol 1 30 - What If Spider-Man's Clone Lived?": The ending of this issue was interesting, seeing how Peter and the clone agreed to share the duties of Spider-Man between them. It would be EXTREMELY weird, but I think I would have liked to see that. Having Peter Parker and Spider-Man together in the same place could indeed solve many problems to this hero.

5º) "What If? Vol 2 17 - What If Kraven The Hunter Had Killed Spider-Man?": I really didn't like how this issue ended, but it would have been interesting to explore this story further. (I would prefer a less violent ending, to be honest).

6º) "What If? Vol 2 20/21 - What If Spider-Man married the Black Cat instead of Mary Jane?": It had a sad ending, but in the potential chance this MIGHT have worked, I would have liked to know what kind of family Felicia and Peter might have gotten.

7º) "What If? Vol 2 31 - What If Spider-Man Had Not Lost His Cosmic Powers?": Now this would have been another interesting story, and it left us a cliffhanger that I wanted to be resolved. I would have liked to see this again. In a scene of the issue, Peter changed MJ's clothes into a Spidey's suit. But I can't stop thinking, if he had done more than just a suit? I mean, in order to be not worried about her, Cosmic Spider-Man gives MJ spider powers similar to his own.

8º) "What If - Spider-Island": This is one I dea I wanted to be explored the most. How about if, at the end of Spider-Island, Mary Jane would have actually kept her "apparently" stable spider-powers?

Well, what do you think?

What If Otto remained Spider-Man?

What if the real Spider-Man died along with Jackal rather than the clone (Ben)?

What if J. Jonah Jameson successfully unmasked Spider-Man (rather than the photograph not being clear enough to make a positive ID)?

What if MJ kept her Spider-Island powers?

What if Venom killed Spider-Man (during their first fight)?

What if Aunt May discovered Peter was Spider-Man early on?
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

What if OMD never happened
    What if mayday and Annie are canon to 616
    What if miles&gwen formed the amazing 8 in the main timeline
    What if mile’s keeped the uni-power after spidergeddon
    What if Peter didn’t die at the end of life’s story