Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    Ppl are not gonna care, all they see is superman equals old and over rated to them, and "their" character should be "respected".
    Why should other characters not be respected, and who demanded a millions of times faster Flash? I find the jobber god Wally West concept stupid.

Retired

In the Kurt Busiek/George Perez JLA/AVENGERS they say that the D.C. Universe isn't bound by the same rules that bind the Marvel Universe, which is why our super-heroes can do so many things that theirs can't. I think that's right--you might want to verify what I just said.

However, I'd also say that the pre-Crisis Universe had far less rules than the post-Crisis one. So in pre-Crisis, both Superman and the Flash could go beyond light speed (which is impossible and would have all kinds of physical consequences that were never explored) and they could both break the time barrier. It was never determined who was faster, but I think it's a moot point when they could both bend the laws of time-space.

In the post-Crisis world, Wally couldn't go that fast--which I guess is why Mark Waid made up the Speed Force so Wally could do stuff that didn't make any sense.

Since post-Crisis Superman can't use the Speed Force, I guess that's why he's not as fast as the Flashes. But in the D.C.Universe, super-heroes are going across the universe in record time, so I'm not sure it matters. If they are warping through space to get from point A to B, does it really matter which physical law they're breaking? The end result is the same. Since Barry can't fly and Superman and Green Lantern can fly (and through air-less space), they have an easier way of warping from one place in the universe to another. Barry would have to have something like a cosmic treadmill to do that.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    Shazam and Martian Manhunter to me have the best chance. The Martian isn’t as fast or strong but he is strong and fast enough to buy himself time to use his telepathy to do A lot of damage.
    Wouldn't the Martian Manhunter vulnerability to fire be a major disadvantage against Superman and his heat vision?

superpowers were written accurately? No plot armor, no characters seeming to forget their power set, etc.
    Even now it depends on how you are defining powerful. In terms of raw power I don't think it will change

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Wouldn't the Martian Manhunter vulnerability to fire be a major disadvantage against Superman and his heat vision?
    Yes, but then again MM should be able to do quite a bit of damage from a distance with TP. Either way the fight shouldn’t be the one sided fight it is often seen as.

Quote Originally Posted by Rightoya View Post
    In that case Wonder Woman would have the best chance, very similar divine empowerments like Shazam, mystical lightning, skill and mystical weapons. But i would say Martian Manhunter is the best bet.
    Wonderwoman has never been shown to be as invulnerable as Superman or Shazam. I put her on the same level as MM. it isn’t unbelievable that she could pull out a victory vs Supes but, she uses bracelets and shields for a reason.

If the heroes were written without plot induced stupidity, I believe whoever attacked first would most likely win, at least among the power-houses.

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    If the heroes were written without plot induced stupidity, I believe whoever attacked first would most likely win, at least among the power-houses.

This does get used more often than not.

So who would win between wonder woman, Martian manhunter, and Shazam?
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

I think Wonder Woman or Captain Marvel. I think Marvel’s invulnerability gives him an edge but Wonder Woman’s speed and bracelets are close to invulnerability. I think WW is connected more directly to Olympus and Marvel is a bit like a genie. WW!

Mighty Member

Wonderwoman has never been shown to be as invulnerable as Superman or Shazam. I put her on the same level as MM. it isn’t unbelievable that she could pull out a victory vs Supes but, she uses bracelets and shields for a reason.
    What, are you referring to Wonder Woman's piercing weakness?

Also Martian Manhunter and Wonder Woman have superior defenses than Shazam, because intangibility and bracelets, shield and/or aegis shield are better than Shazam's physical toughness, he gets hurt by heat vision while Martian Manhunter can phase through it and Wonder Woman even deflect it back as examples.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    This does get used more often than not.

So who would win between wonder woman, Martian manhunter, and Shazam?
    Generally a toss up but needs more details, what iterations, what mind-set are they in, where do they fight, what equipment has Wonder Woman?

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

That’s my feeling with the league, on their best/worst day, any member would be the rest of the teams worst supervillain.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Shazam, WW, and Martian Manhunter are definitely the top contenders. Captain Atom too. A GL at their best could also give Superman a run for his money, and Dr. Fate is probably the strongest magic user in a head to head fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunders! View Post
    That’s my feeling with the league, on their best/worst day, any member would be the rest of the teams worst supervillain.
    Agreed.

Incredible Member

even at pre-crisis levels , superman was nothing to the spectre.

Quote Originally Posted by marshal88 View Post
    even at pre-crisis levels , superman was nothing to the spectre.

True, but Spectre is more of a cosmic level being that is kind of beyond day-to-day superheroing.