Fantastic Member

Default Actual transforming Optimus Prime toy

This is really cool!

Quote Originally Posted by evolutionaryFan View Post
    This is really cool!

Yeah, it is cool, but $700 is a bit much. If for some reasons it breaks, someone would have to shell out another $700 for a replacement.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    Yeah, it is cool, but $700 is a bit much. If for some reasons it breaks, someone would have to shell out another $700 for a replacement.
    Yeah, I'm definitely not buying it. However, I'm just impressed they actually built one of these.

As far as I know we've never had a robot that transforms before. I mean the Asimo robot costs 2.5 million dollars and it's so lame. I mean what's it really good for?

This is actually a cool robot and $700 is at least affordable.

Quote Originally Posted by evolutionaryFan View Post
    Yeah, I'm definitely not buying it. However, I'm just impressed they actually built one of these.

As far as I know we've never had a robot that transforms before. I mean the Asimo robot costs 2.5 million dollars and it's so lame. I mean what's it really good for?

This is actually a cool robot and $700 is at least affordable.
    The company that is making Optimus has been making these toys for years. They have several other transforming robot toys. Some of them are basic yet others are on par with Prime.

They just finally got the TF license.

They are hopeful this does well enough because each successful line that they have had has brought the price down significantly.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    The company that is making Optimus has been making these toys for years. They have several other transforming robot toys. Some of them are basic yet others are on par with Prime.

They just finally got the TF license.

They are hopeful this does well enough because each successful line that they have had has brought the price down significantly.
    Yeah, you're right I just saw a video from 2019 for the T9 robot. Glad they got the license.

Fantastic Member

So they already had the technology back in 2017:

Surprised it took so long to get the TF license.