Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Are we sure Trinary is a member? I mean previews had people assuming that she was a member of Excalibur and New Mutants too....

Love the team. Not a fan of the creative duo. And the premise seems... okay, I guess?

I wish Madrox was in the Quiet Council tho.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Whim View Post
    agreeing that this art does not fit or look right. that plus her mediocre at best writing on Excalibur means this gets skipped and probably lasts as long as Fallen Angels did.
    Fallen Angels got cancelled because the writer got a better job (this was announced before the sales had been verified as low), not because it "failed". Although I do agree it was a weak book. If he hadn't left, it would've lasted the usual 10-12 issues the majority of X-Books last for.

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    Fallen Angels got cancelled because the writer got a better job (this was announced before the sales had been verified as low), not because it "failed". Although I do agree it was a weak book. If he hadn't left, it would've lasted the usual 10-12 issues the majority of X-Books last for.
    They could just hire another writer

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Are we sure Trinary is a member? I mean previews had people assuming that she was a member of Excalibur and New Mutants too....
    That is why I wasn't fast to jump that she is a member, maybe she will be IT support
    Last edited by Rang10; 04-15-2021 at 03:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Why? The book was created to explore Kwannon and they just chose to move her over to Hellions instead carrying over her development and plot elements from FA. This was the better move considering Zeb is the one that brought her back anyway. They could have had Hellions #1 been Fallen Angels #7 but Im fine with them just making it a different title since the creative team was different
    Last edited by Havok83; 04-15-2021 at 03:18 PM.

Mighty Member

Yeah, that would've been so easy for an office that plans books out years ahead based on who they thin will get the book.

Again, a minor book with B-list members isn't long for this world unless it strikes gold which would be very rare.

An Eye Boy book will come out one day, and people on this board will have countless discussions about how it's so shocking it ended after 10 issues.

Why? The book was created to explore Kwannon and they just chose to move her over to Hellions instead carrying over her development and plot elements from FA. This was the better move considering Zeb is the one that brought her back anyway. They could have had Hellions #1 been Fallen Angels #7 but Im fine with them just making it a different title since the creative team was different
    That was a decision, but usually books aren't cancelled because writers get out

Mighty Member

That was a decision, but usually books aren't cancelled because writers get out
    And your examples of B-list books with B-list characters getting renewed with a new writer after one suddenly quits due to a better paying job are?

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Zeb isn't the one who brought Kwannon back. Jim Zub is.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    And your examples of B-list books with B-list characters getting renewed with a new writer after one suddenly quits due to a better paying job are?
    This is like asking for someone with not a good memory to remember. But there is many changes of creative teams on comics, it is just another wednesday how often it happens

Also this is wrong, bryan Hill primary jobs was always being producer and writing scripts, he didn't left the book for a higher paid job. On the lack of having time for comics he left fallen angels and later the outsiders book
    Last edited by Rang10; 04-15-2021 at 03:39 PM.

X-Corpse? Kind of dark, guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Zeb isn't the one who brought Kwannon back. Jim Zub is.
    Zeb, Zub, Zab.....my bad

For real the art looks very dull. If we’re going for simple linework Leonardo Romero is your man.

Redacted ...
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

"Comics journalism"? Filthy Mutie's Avatar

I gotta say I'm not too excited about this book.

The X-Corp stuff was interesting during Morrison's run, but it was short and sweet. I'm not sure this premise is super sustainable - made more sense as a mini.

The other and probably bigger issue for me is the creative team. I agree that the art feels very flat, and I can't say I have a lot of confidence in Tini Howard. Excalibur hasn't been very good - I stopped buying when XoS was over, and I regret giving it that much of a chance. If Howard can't get it together with a premise and cast she passionately pitched, I don't know how this is going to go down.