Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

TBH not even Morrison managed to write the concept of X-Corp to its full potential

BANNED

Trinary <3

Fantastic Member

I keep going back on forth on my opinion of how they haven't bothered teasing the "team's" lineup. I would imagine the lineup should be a selling point for any title. Then I think how Tini Howard has used team members Gambit, Jubilee, and Rogue, and I realize the lineup might not matter.
    (Trinary may never do anything in X-Corps. Howard said Rogue was going to be central to the latest Excalibur arc, and Psylocke and Malice got tons more focus.)

The art isn't bad, but isn't exciting me either. It's cool that Trinary is appearing, thought.
    I love the book's concept, but the X-office doesn't seem to be really pushing it or putting that much effort in making this a lasting title.
    One would think teasing the members would generate some hype. And the art could be more distinctive.

Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post
    TBH not even Morrison managed to write the concept of X-Corp to its full potential
    I thought Claremont's X-Corporation was better than Morrison's. Was reading X-Treme X-Men:X-Pose the other day; it ran circles around Morrison's or Hickman's versions. Tini's has no chance...
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

I'm sorry, I think Tini Howard's Excalibur was some of the worst comics I read in a long time. I won't support X-Corps although I'm a big Monet fan.

I don't understand why Monet needs the Penance form tbh, but the design is marvellous and I love seeing it again! Wished Penance would be back though.....she is really missed. Monet maybe is Penance but Penance is not Monet.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    I'm sorry, I think Tini Howard's Excalibur was some of the worst comics I read in a long time. I won't support X-Corps although I'm a big Monet fan.

I don't understand why Monet needs the Penance form tbh, but the design is marvellous and I love seeing it again! Wished Penance would be back though.....she is really missed. Monet maybe is Penance but Penance is not Monet.
    I agree that Monet doesn't need the Penance form. She's already super powerful without. The only real difference is that now she has claws, but it's not like that's something the X-men are missing.
    I'd much rather see the original version of Penance back. The Yugoslavian (?) one Lobdell intended. I don't care about the M connection. Maybe there could be an arc of X-men Legends introducing that version.

"Comics journalism"? Filthy Mutie's Avatar

Honestly, the best artist for a book with this premise is Greg Land.

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

I’m innit for the Mastermind Sisters, the Nasty Boys, the young money thugs that x-corps is undoubtedly gonna take advantage of because y’know- late market mutant capitalism doesn’t mind exploiting its own. It’s obvious from the interviews that this will be the case and I really wanna see how it blows up in their corporate faces later in the series. X-men. You know what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy Mutie View Post
    Honestly, the best artist for a book with this premise is Greg Land.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Good lord that art is the biggest turn off for me, but I do love the idea of Angel, Monet and Trinary getting some love so I'm feeling mixed about this one.

Amazing Member

Let’s see if it turns out any interesting
    Last edited by Leo; 04-16-2021 at 03:23 PM.

Was it just me, or did it look like Madrox was trying to hit on Monet in that preview art. Maybe he wants to get back together with her. Back in the Empyre: X-Men mini, one of the Hordeculture members called Monet Jamie's girlfriend. Jamie said that Monet wasn't his girlfriend, but I thought that he seemed a little sad about it. Or, was I just reading to much into this preview art for X-Corp #1.

Trinary as a member of this cast is a character that I think that a lot of members of this forum had already guessed at. Or, at least I did. She really does make a lot of sense for this tittle.

I can't say that I am a big fan of Archangel's wardrobe in the preview art that we have seen thus far. That white suit reminds me of the one that he wore in that lousy Age of X-Man crossover.
    And that outfit that he is wearing during the Hellfire Gala is hideous. Wearing that should have been enough to cause Warren to lose the vote to become a member of the new X-Men team just on it's own.

I've noticed that some members of this forum have become disinterested in the book's cast. It didn't seem to be a problem before. Is it because Sunspot, Emma, and Karma aren't part of the book? I never really expected them, seeing as how Sunspot is in space with Deathbird, and Karma seems to have a big role in New Mutants, and Emma is in Marauders.

I'm a little iffy on the art for Monet's fight scene.

But, I'm still looking forward to this comic.
    Last edited by Thievery; 04-17-2021 at 06:59 AM. Reason: Spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post

Honestly, while I agree that Tini had a rough start on Excalibur, I think the vitriol that book gets here is incredibly undeserved. It's been quite good since around #10.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I wonder if this is the book that will take Marauders place now that Duggan’s writing the flagship.