Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Newbie with a ton of minty Marvel

I am new to this forum. I recently was consigned about 500 Marvel comics to sell on eBay. All appear to be mint or near mint. I have been a coin & vintage fishing lure collector for decades but know zip about comics.

I was able to find an excellent website (https://comicbookrealm.com/) to help with pricing. I was disappointed to find that prices for most 1970s-80s Marvel titles were so low. Nearly all of the ones I have appear to have never been opened and are stored in individual soft plastic liners. I have not removed any. But some of the buyers of my eBay auctions have opened the liners and have told me the insides are just as nice as the covers.

All were sold on eBay as auctions and most were sold as groups due to low book values. Trouble is most went for very little. I use the same name (all lower case) on eBay as here (capt.john) so you can look up my closed auctions to see what happened. Any suggestions on what I should do differently to get better prices for my consignor? I still have about 300 more I need to sell. Don't really want to open them up to take interior photos since most have low book values. You can email me directly if you like.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Capt.John; 04-15-2021 at 01:02 PM.