Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    I think those books should had least a short summary of the origin of these characters, for readers who are not familiar with them and/or to clarify what is now continuity and what isn't.

I mean there is no post flashpoint origin story for Huntress, and her continuity is kind of messy at the moment.
    As is the color of her skin.

I think those books should had least a short summary of the origin of these characters, for readers who are not familiar with them and/or to clarify what is now continuity and what isn't.
    Sometimes I wonder if there's anybody in charge who either knows what current "continuity" is at the moment or is willing to commit to anything specific for fear of alienating any readers and/or writers and artists.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Sometimes I wonder if there's anybody in charge who either knows what current "continuity" is at the moment or is willing to commit to anything specific for fear of alienating any readers and/or writers and artists.
    If you list a few key points or issues to read-I don't think you can alienate those folks.

If everything somewhat counts-

Huntress

1st appearance
    Maybe the last 3 issues of her first solo teaming with Batman
    Showcase 93 short story
    Contagion issue where she dressed as Batgirl
    Joining JLA

It's not the job of the Bat Office to wait on others to figure out what is cannon or not. If someone wants to get mad-tell them should have did it before I did.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I think it is natural result of "everything happened" premise that we got after Dark Death Whatever Metal. Once they'll start putting down on paper actual facts like origin story or key moments in character's history then entire premise is going to crumble so better pretend that everything is fine.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I think it is natural result of "everything happened" premise that we got after Dark Death Whatever Metal. Once they'll start putting down on paper actual facts like origin story or key moments in character's history then entire premise is going to crumble so better pretend that everything is fine.
    It works better for some character than for others.

Huntress is one were it doesn't work that well since "Grayson" kind of clashes with pre flashpoint.

And with Signal it also doesn't work well since you can't easily bring Zero Year into pre flashpoint.

It works better for some character than for others.

Huntress is one were it doesn't work that well since "Grayson" kind of clashes with pre flashpoint.

And with Signal it also doesn't work well since you can't easily bring Zero Year into pre flashpoint.
    Right now it seems like her mafia background is more relevant than her Spyral background.

Incredible Member

So it looks like there's no Secret Files issue being solicited for December. It'll be interesting to see if they're done with them post Fear State/Tynion, or if they're just taking a break.

Outside of the first two, the rest have all been focused on Tynion's OCs. I'd really like to see them do a few more on existing characters that don't currently have a solo- Tim seems to be MIA at the moment post-Urban Legends 10, Kate Kane could get one, Azrael, even use one to better introduce Ryan Wilder into continuity besides her two appearances so far.

A Jim Gordon issue without The Joker and not written by Tynion would be my wish!

Quote Originally Posted by Zorkel567 View Post
    So it looks like there's no Secret Files issue being solicited for December. It'll be interesting to see if they're done with them post Fear State/Tynion, or if they're just taking a break.

Outside of the first two, the rest have all been focused on Tynion's OCs. I'd really like to see them do a few more on existing characters that don't currently have a solo- Tim seems to be MIA at the moment post-Urban Legends 10, Kate Kane could get one, Azrael, even use one to better introduce Ryan Wilder into continuity besides her two appearances so far.
    I wonder if they'll keep those up with Williamson's tenure.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder if they'll keep those up with Williamson's tenure.
    I’m hoping they keep them going, but I do wonder if they could be over now that Tynion is gone.

I feel like they’ve been a good opportunity to do a spotlight of a character who otherwise doesn’t have much currently, such as Duke and Clownhunter.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorkel567 View Post
    I’m hoping they keep them going, but I do wonder if they could be over now that Tynion is gone.

I feel like they’ve been a good opportunity to do a spotlight of a character who otherwise doesn’t have much currently, such as Duke and Clownhunter.
    They do have Urban Legends for that as well, thought.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    They do have Urban Legends for that as well, thought.
    It's a bit surprising that we're getting stories about Ace instead of Tim or the Outsiders in Urban legends.
    It seems that after the first arc, the book kind of lost its focus.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lal View Post
    It's a bit surprising that we're getting stories about Ace instead of Tim or the Outsiders in Urban legends.
    It seems that after the first arc, the book kind of lost its focus.
    That is true...but wasn't it said Tim would return in issue 10? Tim's story should pick back up in the January issue of Urban Legends.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    That is true...but wasn't it said Tim would return in issue 10? Tim's story should pick back up in the January issue of Urban Legends.
    Issue 10 was solicited last month and would be out in December. Based on the current solicitations, this story won't continue to Urban legends 11.

I guess it really depends on how Williamson approaches being the head of the line now.