Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 46 to 58 of 58
  1. #46
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    7,229

    Default

    I wish Seeley didn't delete his tweet. Less of a hassle proving that he created her to be Black Italian. Even if he changes his mind and decides that she's mixed or tan, people tend to shut up faster about the skin color if you say she's black.

    One country and one continent can only have one skin color and one race apparently.

  2. #47
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I wish Seeley didn't delete his tweet. Less of a hassle proving that he created her to be Black Italian. Even if he changes his mind and decides that she's mixed or tan, people tend to shut up faster about the skin color if you say she's black.

    One country and one continent can only have one skin color and one race apparently.
    There is no such thing as a Black Italian. This is Europe, not the USA. We refer to black people simply as African or by their ethnicity. Yes, foreigners can get citizenship and enjoy the same rights as the native population. However etchnically they can't be part of the same ethnic group (in this case the Italian etchnic group). Europe is not multiracial or multicultural as the USA is. Africa and Asia are the most multiracial and multicultural continents in the world. Only 3 % of Europe's population is non-European and most of them don't have citizenship, just residency permits. Europe has over 90 European ethnic groups and over 50 countries. Each ethnic group has it's own tradition and culture. Europe is a homogeneous continent but we have ethnic diversity because there are many ethnic European groups here. In Europe, Asia and Africa the census of each country is based on ethnicity, not on race as is the case with the USA.
    Last edited by Veni; 04-21-2021 at 02:38 AM.

  3. #48
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    40

    Default

    "And her series wasn't "cancelled"; it was announced as a six-issue mini-series right from the beginning and ran for all six issues."


    Sorry. I didn't know that.
    Last edited by Veni; 04-21-2021 at 02:23 AM.

  4. #49
    Invincible Member MajorHoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    21,949

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    And her series wasn't "cancelled"; it was announced as a six-issue mini-series right from the beginning and ran for all six issues.
    Sorry. I didn't know that.


    After the six issues, Helena and Power Girl starred in Worlds' Finest, a companion title to the series Earth 2. Both of those titles were a part of what was referred to as the New52's "Second Wave".

    Worlds' Finest lasted until issue #32, though Huntress and Power Girl weren't featured after issue #26. (They had returned to Earth 2 by then and were a part of the ongoing Earth 2 series at that point.)

  5. #50
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    7,229

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post
    There is no such thing as a Black Italian. This is Europe, not the USA. We refer to black people simply as African or by their ethnicity. Yes, foreigners can get citizenship and enjoy the same rights as the native population. However etchnically they can't be part of the same ethnic group (in this case the Italian etchnic group). Europe is not multiracial or multicultural as the USA is. Africa and Asia are the most multiracial and multicultural continents in the world. Only 3 % of Europe's population is non-European and most of them don't have citizenship, just residency permits. Europe has over 90 European ethnic groups and over 50 countries. Each ethnic group has it's own tradition and culture. Europe is a homogeneous continent but we have ethnic diversity because there are many ethnic European groups here. In Europe, Asia and Africa the census of each country is based on ethnicity, not on race as is the case with the USA.
    Okay, difference in term then.

    Seeley call it Black Italian because he's using US term, and I don't know if he means she's African with Italian nationality, or a mixed of African race and Italian ethnicity.

  6. #51
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,378

    Default

    Clownhunter’s war on the clown gangs from The Joker War continues in Batman Secret Files: Clownhunter #1, a brutal tale written by Ed Brisson, with art by Rosi Kämpe.  The untrained but focused vigilante stalks a boss-level clown, but his luck might be running out as he walks into an ambush set by Punchline! In a horrific parallel to his days at Gotham Academy, Clownhunter finds himself overwhelmed and outgunned...just the type of odds he likes! 

    This 40-page thrill ride features a main cover by Mico Suayan for $3.99 and a $5.99 card stock variant cover by Kofi Ofosu. Batman Secret Files: Clownhunter #1 arrives in comic book stores and on participating digital platforms on Tuesday, August 17, 2021.

  7. #52
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    Walsall, England
    Posts
    95

    Default

    That $3.99 should probably be $4.99
    I would appreciate you completing my survey for my final year university project
    - http://bit.ly/MF-BCU-Survey

  8. #53
    Mighty Member Katana500's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    1,252

    Default

    Think because there was two Secret Files in July there will be two in August as well?

    And another character will get revealed in the coming days!

  9. #54

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post
    There is no such thing as a Black Italian. This is Europe, not the USA. We refer to black people simply as African or by their ethnicity. Yes, foreigners can get citizenship and enjoy the same rights as the native population. However etchnically they can't be part of the same ethnic group (in this case the Italian etchnic group). Europe is not multiracial or multicultural as the USA is. Africa and Asia are the most multiracial and multicultural continents in the world. Only 3 % of Europe's population is non-European and most of them don't have citizenship, just residency permits. Europe has over 90 European ethnic groups and over 50 countries. Each ethnic group has it's own tradition and culture. Europe is a homogeneous continent but we have ethnic diversity because there are many ethnic European groups here. In Europe, Asia and Africa the census of each country is based on ethnicity, not on race as is the case with the USA.
    There are Europeans who call themselves Black "xyz", especially when they're talking about each other as a group.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

  10. #55
    Bluebird enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    997

    Default

    Given the mention of an “ambush by Punchline”, this is certainly gonna tie in with the Punchline/Bluebird backups from The Joker. Also potentially spoils that Leslie and Harper’s attempts to keep Punchline behind bars aren’t going to be successful.

  11. #56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stars & Stripes View Post
    Given the mention of an “ambush by Punchline”, this is certainly gonna tie in with the Punchline/Bluebird backups from The Joker. Also potentially spoils that Leslie and Harper’s attempts to keep Punchline behind bars aren’t going to be successful.
    It says it's a part of the Joker War arc, maybe it's before Punchline got jailed.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

  12. #57
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    382

    Default

    Clownhunter definitely wasn't who I expected to get the next Secret Files issues, but I'm totally here for it. I'd been disappointed that we hadn't seen anything with him since the Annual, so it's nice to see him get something again.

    The description does have me curious about when it is set, though. The last two issues seemed to tie into or set-up current events- Huntress spins out of 'Tec, while The Signal has him returning to town, and now after today's Urban Legends, may set up his return to the Outsiders ahead of this fall. But this one leaves me curious. While I'd love for it to be about him post-Joker War hunting down still free members of Joker's gang, the description makes it sound like it could be set during the events of Joker War.

    I'm also curious to how this affects the odds of him being Red X. While I'd rather Bao stay Clownhunter, because I honestly think it's a cool name/gimmick, the fact that he has disappeared post Ghost Stories has made me think it could be him. And if this is set during Joker War, it could indicate they don't want to reveal what he is currently up to.

    Either way, I'm excited for this, and definitely here for some more Punchline as well.

  13. #58

    Default

    I imagine one of the cast members for Titans Academy is gonna be Red X. So I just saw Bao as out of the running unless the series gets canceled before Red X gets revealed.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •