Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    There's a Question story in the upcoming DC Pride anthology in June, but yeah. Unless she's working as a mole, which I think might be the case.
    I did not know that. hmmm maybe she could be a mole but I think it would be more compelling for her to reluctantly uphold her position. the double agent trope is done a ton, I'd love to see her showcasing her conviction by working from within and trying to keep the new Gotham police culture as fair as she can.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I did not know that. hmmm maybe she could be a mole but I think it would be more compelling for her to reluctantly uphold her position. the double agent trope is done a ton, I'd love to see her showcasing her conviction by working from within and trying to keep the new Gotham police culture as fair as she can.
    There's a lot of evidence that she is. Apart from her rejoining the GCPD again out of nowhere, there's been no instance of her expressing any thoughts about the situation privately. She's always been in the presence of other police or city officials, and always taken a conciliatory tone to those above her, even unprovoked.

One particularly key moment (possibly, anyway) was her attempted arrest of Batman in Batman #107. Apart from the scene reading like a staged conflict, Oracle is on the line with Batman when it happens, but she says nothing. The two of them don't even acknowledge it at all later. If Renee is truly against them, one would think they'd discuss losing an ally like her. But if they both understand she's undercover... that works.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Yeah, I can't see Renee toeing the company line to go against vigilante's without playing an angle.

Ironically enough she also seems to be the main Batfamily's source of info in the GCPD in the Gotham Knights game, and the GCPD are anti-Batfamily again in that game, so might be some symmetry there...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I’m here for the Huntress solo.
    Huntress seems to have lost her color
    And curly hair

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Huntress seems to have lost her color
    And curly hair
    Well, she was always looking like an (white) Italian even in New 52. Southern Europeans don't have straight hair and they can have rather dark skin.

Incredible Member

Well, I am from Southern Europe and we definetly don't have darker skin. Plus many people here have straight hair. Europeans are white. We all have the same skin color but the color of our eyes and hair is different. There is no such things as ,,dark Caucasians".
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 04-20-2021 at 01:14 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post
    Well, I am from Southern Europe and we definetly don't have darker skin. Plus many people here have straight hair. Europeans are white. We all have the same skin color but the color of our eyes and hair is different. There is no such things as ,,dark Caucasians".
    He's talking about olive-skinned people like Italian American actress Jennifer Esposito, who played Susan Raynor in The Boys.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Well, she was always looking like an (white) Italian even in New 52. Southern Europeans don't have straight hair and they can have rather dark skin.
    But not in rebirth

The woman on that cover is not the same Helena here
    00ACDDEA-4D4B-40D6-81C0-D588EC9C261B.jpg

Incredible Member

At the beginning of the New 52, DC made Helena Wayne ( daughter of Batman and Catwoman) the Huntress again. Helena Wayne even used "Helena Bertinelli" as an alias. However her comic lasted only a few issues before being cancelled. In 2014, DC reintroduced Helena Bertinelli again. But instead of making her Huntress again they made her an agent of Spyral with Dick Grayson. But Tim Seeley decided to depict Bertinelli with darker skin in the New 52 in order to differentiate her from Helena Wayne. As of Rebirth, Bertinelli is back as the Huntress once again. She is still Italian. Because they made her skin darker, some people thought she was African-American. Now Helena Wayne is Batwoman (non-canon) so DC should return Bertinelli's original skin color back.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    But not in rebirth

The woman on that cover is not the same Helena here
    00ACDDEA-4D4B-40D6-81C0-D588EC9C261B.jpg
    In the New 52, because Helena Wayne was also on Prime Earth, the creators of Grayson wanted Helena Bertinelli to have a different look so it would be easy to distinguish between both characters.

Since then there seems to be a lack of consistency from book to book about her skin complexion

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    In the New 52, because Helena Wayne was also on Prime Earth, the creators of Grayson wanted Helena Bertinelli to have a different look so it would be easy to distinguish between both characters.

Since then there seems to be a lack of consistency from book to book about her skin complexion
    You're correct. Instead of solving a problem , they made a bigger problem. That is why I hate reboots.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

You're correct. Instead of solving a problem , they made a bigger problem. That is why I hate reboots.
    Honestly, it wasn't even a prolem during rebirth.They kept how she looked in grayson for all of her appearances. It wasn't till infinite frontier started where editors seemed to not bother correcting artists that don't draw her in the correct shade.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Honestly, it wasn't even a prolem during rebirth.They kept how she looked in grayson for all of her appearances. It wasn't till infinite frontier started where editors seemed to not bother correcting artists that don't draw her in the correct shade.
    I think they're kind of torn between making her look more like movie Huntress and keeping her consistent with Grayson Helena.

At the beginning of the New 52, DC made Helena Wayne (daughter of Batman and Catwoman) the Huntress again. Helena Wayne even used "Helena Bertinelli" as an alias. However her comic lasted only a few issues before being cancelled . . .
    The Helena Wayne at the beginning of the New52 was from an alternate Earth (Earth 2) but had wound up on the main DC Earth (along with Power Girl, the Kara Zor-El of Earth 2).
    And her series wasn't "cancelled"; it was announced as a six-issue mini-series right from the beginning and ran for all six issues.

I assure you that I have seen, and have in my family, Spaniards who are very much sporting the same skin tone as Helena in New 52. And they are of CAucasian dexcent, if you want to know.