Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Jean is a telekinetic and a better telepath than Xavier. Maybe she doesn't need to put Cerebro on her head to use it.
    Yupp. And she's done it before ...for Charles.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Is Fabian taking Jean seat on the council?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Lmao this man gets shitted on so hard what is the backstory I know nothing outside of these 5 issues.
    He's a Magneto-stan who's a complete *******. Even the 90s cartoon gets him right in every episode he's in.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    So how did Jean transfer Fabian's memories into the husk without Cerebro? Is she now able to remotely access it?
    I'm guessing the artist forgot the memories are transferred AFTER they hatch so the memory transfer scene got skipped.

Thank God.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    god, how ugly is this Jean costume. What’s going on. lol 😂 poor woman she cannot get a break.
    She's wearing the same costume in your avatar except it's blue. I guess you don't like the colour.
    "Cable was right!"

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The92Ghost View Post
    As far as Jean capabilities go, I don't think that she needs Cerebro to restore someone's mind. She is an Omega Level Telepath. I am not surprised that she managed to recover his mind without Cerebro in the vicinity.
    She does though. Any telepath does. In order to pull the backup from Cerebro and place them into the minds of the newly hatched you have to have Cerebro. That's what they established. Jean certainly is more familiar with the process than anyone other than Xavier, but that doesn't mean she doesn't need Cerebro. It just means they forgot this detail when writing this scene.

I'm so sad Schiti is leaving so soon. He'll be missed.
    Jean looks much better in her 90s costume than in the green dress.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Other artists not using Party City Jean vindicates my hatred of that awful design.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    She does though. Any telepath does. In order to pull the backup from Cerebro and place them into the minds of the newly hatched you have to have Cerebro. That's what they established. Jean certainly is more familiar with the process than anyone other than Xavier, but that doesn't mean she doesn't need Cerebro. It just means they forgot this detail when writing this scene.
    Well she collected the impressive mind of Xavier...split it between million different kinds of mutants and recollected it. She was using cerebro atm but I don't think the mind of Cortez requires the same amount of effort...no matter what he thinks
    GrindrStone(D)

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Well she collected the impressive mind of Xavier...split it between million different kinds of mutants and recollected it. She was using cerebro atm but I don't think the mind of Cortez requires the same amount of effort...no matter what he thinks
    I mean yes his mind isn't the problem lol, but she needs access to Cerebro to do any of this given that his mind will have gone from this plane of existence over days and not hidden like Xavier's was. She doesn't have to wear it but it has to be close by (like in X-Force) in order for her to draw on the collected backup.

Incredible Member

I'm getting on a bit in years, but in my experience when you want to move a backup from a server to an individual machine based at a different place you can just take a backup on a pen drive from one location to another. I don't know, because I've never noticed any explanation otherwise, whether this can or can't be done with the consciousness of mutants stored in Cerebro. So can, for example, Jean have downloaded Cortez into her own mind (no further backups were needed, he was dead) then upload him into the created shell from what she had backed up?

Is it not just the same as taking a backup of data from a software package and restoring it to a different PC running the same software so you have an exact duplicate of the data?

Rambling. Sorry.

Does anyone have insight as to why Storm and Jean in recent books have been shown in their 90s costumes?

Storm in Children of the Atom in her white 90s look and Jean in this preview in her 90s blue/yellow look?

But in other marketing material Jean is still in the 60's green mini dress?
    Psylocke Captain Britain Rictor Dust Moonstar Hellion

Quote Originally Posted by PsionicHero View Post
    Does anyone have insight as to why Storm and Jean in recent books have been shown in their 90s costumes?

Storm in Children of the Atom in her white 90s look and Jean in this preview in her 90s blue/yellow look?

But in other marketing material Jean is still in the 60's green mini dress?
    bc the artists can draw them in whatever look they want. Its as simple as that

Just wasn't sure if there was gong to be a push for the more recognizable looks or something. Okay. Cool.
    Psylocke Captain Britain Rictor Dust Moonstar Hellion

Extraordinary Member

It is kind of weird it does not happen more often since that was one of Hickman's selling points of the new direction.

Quote Originally Posted by PsionicHero View Post
    Just wasn't sure if there was gong to be a push for the more recognizable looks or something. Okay. Cool.
    IA especially in the cast of Jean. She was drawn in her X-Factor costume earlier this year and i wish other artists did so more

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

In light of the recent announcement about Shiro joining the new X-Men team, there was clearly some foreshadowing in Jean's comments about Krakoa throwing a big party for him.

So not only is Ewing writing a great series, not only is he tying-in to Marvel's event du jour but he's also setting up a plot for another mutant book!