Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Default Justice Society - World War II Animated Movie

With no Supes or Bats? Yazzzzzzzzzzzzzzz I am soooooooooooooo in for this.

Do we have a release date for that?

This looks good. but do we really need a Flash from the Future? I mean the JSA is strong enough to stand on its own. Why not just do a pure JSA Movie?
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Do we have a release date for that?
    Just later in 2021

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    This looks good. but do we really need a Flash from the Future? I mean the JSA is strong enough to stand on its own. Why not just do a pure JSA Movie?
    Be glad its not Supes/Bats bro

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    Be glad its not Supes/Bats bro
    I would not mind a Superman or batman being in this as long as it was the Golden Age versions of them. But if it was them from the future that would be bad. I dont know even having the Flash from the Furute in there kind of down plays that the JSA is a great team of heroes on their own.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Incredible Member

Looks pretty good. Looking forward to this.

Looks good, but why no Alan Scott?

I'm down for more JSA and Wonder Woman love .

Matt Bomer sounds good as Barry but I don't care for the chinstrap here.

I love Stana Katic...not sure how I feel about Russian Wonder Woman (with that accent).
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Skeleton View Post
    Looks good, but why no Alan Scott?
    Alan might be too overpowered for the story.

Yeah, glad no Supes or Bats in this one. It looks good just as it is shown.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

This looks very good to me, and it seems to be done in a similar art style as the Superman: Man of Tomorrow animated movie from last August.

I really liked that more realistic art style and am glad to see it continuing.

I agree that, while it might be cool to see a Golden Age Superman and Batman, it's nice that Warners is willing to take a chance on something without those two. Of course, they hedged their bets by putting Wonder Woman front and center and even have her talking in a Gal Gadotesque accent.

I'm thinking the inclusion of Barry Allen is to set up the subsequent animated movie somehow.

Very much looking forward to this.

Astonishing Member

I like the animation which is clearly the Man Of Tomorrow style. It’s refreshing for a DC animated movie to not have either Batman or Superman for a change.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 02-03-2021 at 03:37 PM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Yeah, my thought as well.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

With the present day Flash in this it makes it almost feel like it could be a tie in to the plans for the DCU going forward so I'm okay with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post
    This looks very good to me, and it seems to be done in a similar art style as the Superman: Man of Tomorrow animated movie from last August.

I really liked that more realistic art style and am glad to see it continuing.
    While I have no complaints about the art style, it worked for the last Superman movie and looks fine in this trailer, I am curious about you calling it "more realistic." While different for sure from most of what came before, it still looks as cartoony as the rest. Could you explain a bit what are the elements that make it seem more realistic to you? (Not going to debate you here, just genuinely curious - art is subjective and we're all free to like what we like, but "realistic" here does perk my interest to know what makes it so to you.)

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    With the present day Flash in this it makes it almost feel like it could be a tie in to the plans for the DCU going forward so I'm okay with it.
    I hope not. I still need a couple years before they double down on the shared universe thing again (look, I know it's inevitable, I won't deny it - just please, powers that be, give it some rest...). The IGN article said "that sees Barry Allen's travel back in time thanks to his first encounter with the Speed Force" - which means that this isn't the Flash from the end of Apokolips War resetting the timeline, which gives me some hope it's not the origin story for the new DCAMU. The last one just burned me too much to be eager for a reboot so soon. That said, the art style being the same as Man of Tomorrow does have me worried about the theory that Man of Tomorrow was a "stealth DCAMU reboot" like some people theorized...

Trailer for the movie looks good regardless of any DCAMU or not at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    While I have no complaints about the art style, it worked for the last Superman movie and looks fine in this trailer, I am curious about you calling it "more realistic." While different for sure from most of what came before, it still looks as cartoony as the rest. Could you explain a bit what are the elements that make it seem more realistic to you? (Not going to debate you here, just genuinely curious - art is subjective and we're all free to like what we like, but "realistic" here does perk my interest to know what makes it so to you.)

Trailer for the movie looks good regardless of any DCAMU or not at least.
    I think it's certainly more realistic looking than the Bruce Timm style -- certainly the later Timm style beginning with Kids WB's The New Batman Adventures where he simplified the designs to help overseas animators stay on-model. I really was not a fan of the exaggerated blocky chins on the men and the pointy chins on the women. The characters were flatter and less detailed.

This Man of Tomorrow/JSA style seems more realistic in that the characters' facial features seem more natural looking even in the shadowing and detailing on them. The bodies are more realistically drawn rather than the exaggerated broad shoulders and slim waists. Also, the backgrounds have more detail and rendering in them, and the color palette is more nuanced. Even though Man of Tomorrow director Chris Palmer said he looked to Bruce Timm's Superman: The Animated Series for inspiration, I see a radical departure in everything from the character designs to the color palette in MOT and JSA.

Here are some examples to compare and contrast Superman: Man of Tomorrow vs. Bruce Timm's Superman: The Animated Series. Both are good, but I appreciate the more natural, nuanced feel of Man of Tomorrow, which is how I'm defining as "realistic." I'm grateful for everything Timm brought to his DC shows, but I'm glad we have a new look that is compelling and modern to me. I feel we always need to progress with styles and not get stuck in the past just because we grew up with it.

Last edited by Comic-Reader Lad; 02-03-2021 at 07:44 PM.