Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default How would you work Villainy Inc. into the DCEU?

This started in the Wonder Woman-Rouges Gallery thread but I though it was an interesting enough topic to continue on in it's own thread.

Basically, going off of what was given to us in the movies, how would you work Villainy Inc. into the DCEU as a potential villain team for an imagined Wonder Woman movie? (A hypothetical "Wonder Woman 4" if you will, since I assume they won't be in the 3rd movie.)

I had said this on the other thread but I would have 4 members, Dr. Poison, Cheetah, Giganta and Dr. Cyber.

-Poison and Cheetah because they have already been introduced previously and would save screen time on introductions and origins.

-Giganta because she could easily be a merch for hire and doesn't have to be complicated to work.

-Dr. Cyber because it would just be cool to have Wonder Woman fight a techno villain.

I'd keep it to 4 members because I think any more than that would be too much for a movie.

Edit: In more detail, I would like Dr. Poison to assemble the team, since she's the only one who doesn't pose a physical threat to Diana. I think it would also be interesting if she helped to give Giganta her powers with her concoctions, like how she gave Ludendorff powers in the first movie. Dr. Poison could also be the introduction to Dr. Cyber, perhaps working with Dr. Cyber to discover new ways of creating even stronger poisons. I could honestly see Cheetah being initiated later on in the film, since I don't think Cheetah is someone who is easy to contact or would even think of working with a team right away.

What would your Villainy Inc. team be? It doesn't have to be characters who have already appeared in the DCEU, and there is no limit to the number of members, so go wild! Which villainesses do you want to see Wonder Woman fight on the big screen?
    Last edited by I'm a Fish; 04-15-2021 at 03:13 PM.

I would use roughly the same characters and call it Godwatch not Villainy Inc.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Incredible Member

I would make the same decision as you. For a movie, I would have Giganta be a mercenary - like in Justice - and have it so that her powers are the result of Dr. Poison's "Project Echidna" program. Dr. Poison is looking to transform ordinary humans into monsters and Giganta is the first prototype - hence why she only got powers and is not a full-blown monster. I would race-bend her with Eiza Gonzalez.

Dr. Cyber would be Charlize Theron.

In a perfect world, Anjelina Jolie would also be cast in this movie as an antagonist - maybe a Paula Von Gunther who Dr. Poison turns into Genocide.

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    I would make the same decision as you. For a movie, I would have Giganta be a mercenary - like in Justice - and have it so that her powers are the result of Dr. Poison's "Project Echidna" program. Dr. Poison is looking to transform ordinary humans into monsters and Giganta is the first prototype - hence why she only got powers and is not a full-blown monster. I would race-bend her with Eiza Gonzalez.

Dr. Cyber would be Charlize Theron.
    Everyone wants Charlize Theron to be a Wonder Woman villain...but I'm not one to talk cuz so do I, LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by PopQuezy View Post
    In a perfect world, Anjelina Jolie would also be cast in this movie as an antagonist - maybe a Paula Von Gunther who Dr. Poison turns into Genocide.
    I could see Cheetah being cut out and replaced with Genocide. DCEU Cheetah would honestly be the hardest to fit in, since working with a team would benefit her the least out of the 4 of them. Unless this movie had the plot of adding more Wonder Women (Donna, Cassie, Nubia ect.) Cheetah would probably figure she doesn't need a team, unless the villain plot had another element besides taking down Wonder Woman, (like perhaps acquiring objects of power?).

The villains plot could really just be Cyber and Poison wanting to build the ultimate weapon or "Ultimate Wonder Woman" and hiring Giganta as a bodyguard while they create Genocide.
    Last edited by I'm a Fish; 04-15-2021 at 04:13 PM.

Gee. I feel like trying for Villainy Inc in a movie might be a little to ambitious....
    But if I was to make the attempt...

Id pull an Ares Buchanan situation to bring back the god of war.
    Perhaps with Circe being responsible depending on how Wonder Woman 3 sets things up.
    Rather than Doctor Poison I see her grandaughter making an appearance. Motivated to do what her grandmother failed to accomplish.
    Cheetah would pop up, lured by the promise of power, and turned once more into the Cheetah though by Circe this time.

And while they wouldn't have speaking roles, id toss in a few monsters created by Circe into the mix. No dialogue or contribution beyond something to punch, but it would fill out the roster without splitting up scene time to much.
    Specifically...Monsterfied takes on a gorilla, a swan, a centipede, and a Raven

For the DCEU I'll go a bit comedic with Blue Snowman starting a business called Villain Inc. that helps low level villains connect with each other but then WW stops one of them and they all decide to team together against her and a surprise villain taking over the business (though it might just sound like Wonder Woman's version of the Rogues). I'll stick Cheetah with the Legion of Doom

Members: Blue Snowman, Angle Man, Giganta, Kung, Dr. Poison, and Max Lord

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    I would use roughly the same characters and call it Godwatch not Villainy Inc.
    Maybe 'God Killer' instead of Godwatch? Since I don't think their goal is to just stare at WW.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Veronica Kale would be the controlling everything from the dark, we’d have Dr. Cyber, Kale’s lover who was killed in a battle that happened between WW and some catastrophe, placed into a synthetic form. She’d be super strong, durable, cyberpathic, and a host of other abilities. A new Dr. Poison, a scientist who’s entire body is a synthetic poison. Her fingernails, her spit, her skin is coated in it. Giganta using my archaeology origin for her. Finally Blue Snowman now going by Avalanche, created technology that manipulates moisture, and freezes, it. It blew up, and gave them the ability to do so.

My team would be Dr Poison, Cheetah, Giganta and Queen Clea. In my version Clea is an ancient Atlantean queen who fought the Amazons centuries ago but was defeated and now seeks revenge. Played by Charlize Theron of course, lol.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I love how the common thread among a lot of us is "get Charlize in here in some capacity" lol.

I'd be more than happy with her as Circe, Clea or Veronica.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I love how the common thread among a lot of us is "get Charlize in here in some capacity" lol.

I'd be more than happy with her as Circe, Clea or Veronica.
    *glances at Charlize playing a witch in Snow White and the Huntsman*

*glances at Wonder Woman 3 rumors of Circe being the main villain*

*glances at Charlize and Patty's industry history*

*glances up at the night sky* "Oh, hey, are the stars aligning?"

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I'd have the group consist of:

Dr. Poison(the original who has kept herself young with her Reverso chemical)
    Cheetah
    Giganta
    Hypnota
    Zara
    Blue Snowman
    Dr. Cyber(working from behind the scenes)
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Hmm, think these villain groups could end up a Spider-Man 3 situation where there's just too many so playing conservative with the group numbers:

Dr. Poison (either the original who has used some chemical to keep her alive or a descedent)
    Cheetah
    Giganta (hired mercenary who gets her growth powers from either experimentation by Cale or powers granted by Circe)

Think I'd make the leader either Circe or Veronica Cale. If I went with Cale I'd give her motivations from Bloodlines of wanting to plunder Themyscira's ancient secrets and treasures or if I went with Circe I'd give her some pre-existing grudge against the Amazons like the DCAU gave her. Maybe nod to Dr. Cyber with some A.I who assists Cale like Jarvis from the MCU.

I guess Theron could play either Cale or Circe, lol.
    Last edited by Gaius; 04-16-2021 at 04:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Veronica Kale would be the controlling everything from the dark, we’d have Dr. Cyber, Kale’s lover who was killed in a battle that happened between WW and some catastrophe, placed into a synthetic form. She’d be super strong, durable, cyberpathic, and a host of other abilities. A new Dr. Poison, a scientist who’s entire body is a synthetic poison. Her fingernails, her spit, her skin is coated in it. Giganta using my archaeology origin for her. Finally Blue Snowman now going by Avalanche, created technology that manipulates moisture, and freezes, it. It blew up, and gave them the ability to do so.
    Hmmm just as long as she doesn't use this costume:

Hehehehe.... He doesn't even use ice powers(geokinesis)!

Mighty Member

I've said that I agree with you that 4 should be a good number to START with, however I could see more villains being added to the roster in future films were it to happen. As Diana doesn't have to catch ALL of them, a couple can remain in the shadows and try to recruit anyone else Diana defeats. This could also be a way to introduce and create villains in the future (i.e. Byrna Brillyant being a robotics expert that starts simply as someone who is hired to build hench robots, but rises up the ranks as her skill proves invaluable to the organization)

I'd keep Poison around (I really like the movie interpretation), and her expertise in chemicals makes her easy to explain away how she has found a way to eternal life. (Hey, if we can accept things like Vandal Savage and the like, I'm game with keeping a Poison who has lived and seen Wonder Woman from when she first arrived on the scene)

I'm also game to have Cheetah join, she's not one of those villains who have the "Only I can kill you" mantra that someone like Joker has, and unlike Luthor, she doesn't mind NOT being the one in command (which I would say makes her more dangerous, as those are obvious flaws when it comes to villain groups).

I agree with Giganta being there for muscle purposes, but I'd introduce her in the previous film with Circe (hey if we can have both Max Lord and Cheetah, and Ares and Poison, we can have Circe and Giganta...and Giganta won't feel robbed by having someone like Circe in the mix).

So that is 3 villains down, and the fourth can be introduced in this film. I like the idea of Dr. Cyber, however I'm not the biggest fan of Cyber being Cale's lackey, so I would prefer starting her off in her original incarnation as the head of a vast global criminal network (thus having resources that would make it easier to buy the others coming together for more reasons than "destroy Wonder Woman", despite it being one of the primary goals) Cyber "dies" in an accident while fighting Wonder Woman in the first act (Think Batman Begins first act, where it established the league of shadows, Ra's and his "defeat"). Cyber's mind has been digitized in the accident, and hates Wonder Woman for destroying her body, and has the ability to reach all of these nasty women no matter where they are. Plus with her criminal organization not being COMPLETLEY destroyed, she has the equipment, resources, and henchpeople to pull off their crimes. They need an artifact? Cheetah, Giganta and a group of hench people are sent to retrieve it, with the two ladies being leaders of the team. etc. etc.

Now as for the structure of the team, I'm not sure if I want there to be a CLEAR leader (despite the organization coming from Cyber's resources, I'd say she respects the super villains enough that they become co-leads). However, I wonder if it would be worth it to see the ladies, vote on plans, schemes, and the like as that could be a waste of screen time for viewers.