Brubaker opened up about his strange relationship with the Winter Soldier’s rise to prominence in the MCU, from how it would take weeks after Captain America: The Winter Soldier’s Comic-Con announcement before Marvel Studios reached out to him about the news, to turning down a check for a thank you credit in Civil War that he described as “an insult,” and how the writer makes more money from his brief cameo in Winter Soldier’s flashback sequences than he does in residuals from having brought the Winter Soldier to life in the first place. “As the years went on, I just started to think ‘how come we’re not getting anything for this?’,” Brubaker wondered. “We can get a ‘Thanks to’ or a credit, but these movies are making billions of dollars, and it feels like we just kind of got a bad deal.”

It’s created an animus for the writer that he now feels seeing Bucky rise to even higher prominence in the current moment, co-starring in The Falcon and the Winter Soldier on Disney+. “I think I might be the only person in America who is not excited about this show,” said Brubaker, who has not watched any of the series so far. “When I see ads for [The Falcon and the Winter Soldier], it kinda makes me feel sick to my stomach.”

He added, “As a company, why would [Marvel] want that to be the way the creators feel? When I work with people I try to give them the best deal possible, and if something ends up being a bigger thing, I’ll try to actually adjust their deal ... I want everybody I work with to feel like they got a really good deal, and they were treated well.”
https://io9.gizmodo.com/marvels-wint...omi-1846690659