Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    This sentence is honestly mind-boggling. You are basically an advocate for sweatshops at this point. You don't care how things are made as long as you get the stuff.

This is beyond hypocrisy. You are basically saying that you want more MCU stuff and not only are you not bothered by creators not getting compensated you out and out admit that Disney-Marvel won't feel an incentive to do so if they weren't accessing IP that they can fully tap into without paying talent commensurate income.

Say what you want about the guilty liberal worried about sweatshops while using their iPhone and lounging in the sun, that's still a less ghastly sight than people claiming to be fans openly becoming full time gangsters.

At the very least, I might think it's time you change your username, associating yourself with a superhero who is a defender of justice and fights corruption is galling when you basically talk like the Kingpin.
    I don’t think Mike was advocating doing that or portraying it as a good thing..I thought he was suggesting this is sort of ruthless thing Disney might do. (i.e. if fan pressure forced Disney to make retrospective payments to comic creators, Disney would look for another, cheaper source of film material).

My reaction at time was...that Disney partly bought Marvel exactly because it does provide them with a healthy source of royalty free material, and realistically they won’t readily give it up. (i.e. Mike was theorising about a situation we are never going to see in this life.)
    Last edited by JackDaw; 04-19-2021 at 07:22 AM.