Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Default Thorfinn (Vinland Saga) versus The Winter Soldier (MCU)

Knife fight, let's fight with some knives.

Thorfinn, the pacifist warrior, takes on the Winter Soldier in a battle with knives in this library from the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.

Both fighters have a set of two unbreakable knives made in the style most suitable for them. Bucky has his base arm from the films not the new vibranium one that I think he has.

Thorfinn has been briefed that Bucky has a robot arm and what that means practically. Thorfinn is an adult so he has all his feats but we'll assume that bloodlust overrides his adult sense of pacifism so he will fight at full capacity to the death.

Can the Russian Super Soldier take out the fallen Viking Prince?

EDIT: Realised this thread is a spiritual sequel to this other one I did a while back.
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 04-16-2021 at 06:49 AM.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Feats for Thorfinn? I've read a little of VS, but a looooong time ago. I do recall some of his stuff bandied about here being rather...ridiculous...but I really need specifics.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Feats for Thorfinn? I've read a little of VS, but a looooong time ago. I do recall some of his stuff bandied about here being rather...ridiculous...but I really need specifics.
    I'm on my work computer atm so can't go too in depth but will do a followup post after work.

Thorfinn is ambiguously peakish human speed, an incredibly skilled warrior who has been carving his way through groups of armed vikings with nothing more than a set of knives since he was around ten years old. He is routinely capable of rushing through groups of armed men in chainmail and cutting them down without issue.

He was able to give Thorkell (whom I pitched as not far off MCU Cap level the thread linked in the OP) a good fight on multiple occasions, though that's partially due to Thorkell dicking about a bit and Thorfinn being quicker than him rather than outpowering.

Since become an adult and renouncing violence, he's become capable of extreme feats of dodging, he can do the "sense bloodlust," trick to perceive when attacks are intended to kill, he once allowed himself to be punched in the face 100 times consecutively as a negotiation tactic, relying primarily on his speed and dodging to allow himself to dodge the majority of the brunt of the attack without the puncher knowing.

Erm... he's killed shitload of people with knives haha.

More direct stuff in my follow-up.

This is a good start...certainly this is a fight, now.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    This is a good start...certainly this is a fight, now.
    My view is that Thorfinn is likely a bit quicker than Bucky but lacks the raw power afforded to him by his metal arm and all the options that entails, hence it's kind of an interesting match up.

One of the issues is that strength matters a chunk less the moment blades come out. Especially short stuff, like knives. Speed, on the other hand....

The metal arm, however, does give Bucky a limb that cannot be cut, which is a big advantage.

Looking forward to the feats.
    Why are we here?

Just as a note, what started as a feat skim of Vinland Saga swiftly evolved into me just rereading Vinland Saga.

It's a very good manga. People should read it maybe?

I am cataloguing feats as I go but this will take longer.

Also, this means I have slowed down on Trigun for my algorithm post in my other thread ^_^;;;