Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,563

    Default Hero students (My Hero Academia) vs. Jujutsu sorcerer students (Jujutsu Kaisen)

    So I just finished reading through the available chapters of Jujutsu Kaisen and wanted to try out a few match-ups against some of the characters from My Hero Academia. So here we go.

    General notes:
    - For the sake of debate, the MHA characters can see anything from their opponents that they normally wouldn't be able to see due to not being able to use cursed energy.
    - All fights will take place in Tokyo.

    1. Izuku Midoriya vs. Yuji Itadori
    Note: Sukuna won't come into play for Yuji, and Izuku will not have access to Blackwhip, Float, Danger Sense or Smokescreen. It's just a traditional super powered punch fight between them.

    2. Shoto Todoroki vs. Megumi Fushiguro

    3. Ochako Uraraka vs. Nobara Kugisaki

    4. Fumikage Tokoyami vs. Panda
    Note: This fight will take place at night so Tokoyami can bring out Dark Shadow at full strength.

    5. Eijiro Kirishima vs. Maki Zenin

    6. Tsuyu Asui vs. Kasumi Miwa

    7. Katsuki Bakugo vs. Aoi Todo
    Note: Todo will have both his hands.

    Which side wins the most matches?

    Bonus round: As teachers Shota Aizawa and Satoru Gojo are naturally watching the fights from some monitor room. How long does it take for Gojo to annoy Aizawa so much that he leaves the room, or can Aizawa stand it long enough to see all the fights?

  2. #2
    Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    7,503

    Default

    [QUOTE=Dark Soul # 7;5488509]So I just finished reading through the available chapters of Jujutsu Kaisen and wanted to try out a few match-ups against some of the characters from My Hero Academia. So here we go.

    General notes:
    - For the sake of debate, the MHA characters can see anything from their opponents that they normally wouldn't be able to see due to not being able to use cursed energy.
    - All fights will take place in Tokyo.

    1. Izuku Midoriya vs. Yuji Itadori
    Note: Sukuna won't come into play for Yuji, and Izuku will not have access to Blackwhip, Float, Danger Sense or Smokescreen. It's just a traditional super powered punch fight between them.
    Deku is considerably stronger than Itadori but Itadori feels like he's a bit faster and the more experienced and adaptable fighter; Deku trains to learn fight techniques, Itadori already fights really well from the outset.

    That said, the stat disparity is too high I think. Advantage Deku, his range game with air bullets and his raw hitting power should see him through.

    2. Shoto Todoroki vs. Megumi Fushiguro
    Give Megumi some distance or a break in Todoroki's line of sight and he could probably set up some dangerous offense and likely kill him. Todoroki is comparatively squishy and Megumi does not play around.

    That said, there's nothing stopping him from nuking/flash freezing him at the bell. Even Domain Expansion won't work.

    3. Ochako Uraraka vs. Nobara Kugisaki
    Kugisaki kills Uraraka pretty free. Uravity has almost zero practical offence and Kugisaki's cursed resonance stuff is pretty wildly lethal and she's got a mental damage soak.

    4. Fumikage Tokoyami vs. Panda
    Note: This fight will take place at night so Tokoyami can bring out Dark Shadow at full strength.
    Full power Shadow is too much for Panda.

    5. Eijiro Kirishima vs. Maki Zenin
    What weapon is Maki weilding in this? She's effortlessly faster and likely a bit stronger than him but she's going to have a hard time breaching his defences. If she has Playful Cloud or something she's going to break him eventually but without a weapon of that calibre, I'm not really seeing how she's going to wear him down before her weapon breaks.

    6. Tsuyu Asui vs. Kasumi Miwa
    Eh... neither have great feats. Miwa kind of sucks outside of her one trick and Tsuyu hasn't really got that much going for her either. I'd back Tsuyu but she might lose a limb to do it or something.

    7. Katsuki Bakugo vs. Aoi Todo
    Note: Todo will have both his hands.
    Todo absolutely whips Bakugou's arse. He's stronger, more durable, more skillful and Boogie Woogie is stupidly adaptable. Bakugou doesn't have the strategy or patience to figure out a way around his gimmicks and will lose pretty hard.

    Which side wins the most matches?
    I make it 4 - 3 in favour of MHA but some of those aren't strong commitments.
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 04-16-2021 at 08:21 AM.
    Twitter
    Tumblr
    Follow my social media for animations and art and junk.
    Art Thread on CBR

  3. #3
    Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,899

    Default

    I think Yuji's barely-bullet-blocker reflex speed and superior melee skills and Izuku's pretty wobbly defenses would let him win in melee, if it wasn't for the fact that Izuku can due AOE attacks by striking the ground and has a better ranged game (since Yuji's reflex speed doesn't translate into travel speed).

    For Uraraka vs. Kugisaki, if the former even touches the latter once with her hand, she probably wins since Nobara doesn't really have any cursed techs that would let her maneuver in 0 G. That said, while I don't recall how great Kugisaki is in melee, the fact that she was able to even react to human curse guy whose name I can't recall off the top of my head for some reason, probably indicates better reflexes than Uraraka, especially with regards to avoiding an even deadlier (perceived) instant lose touch attack. Also, her ranged game with her nails is probably trickier than Uraraka can really counter, though if this was an area with rubble, Uraraka might be able to replicate her anti-Bakugou trick to surprising effectiveness.

    I would argue that Bakugou, personality aside, is actually depicted as being pretty good at seeing through other people's strategies, but Todo's stats are too high and Boogie Woogie is too broken for Bakugou to really stand a chance.

  4. #4
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,563

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    What weapon is Maki weilding in this? She's effortlessly faster and likely a bit stronger than him but she's going to have a hard time breaching his defences. If she has Playful Cloud or something she's going to break him eventually but without a weapon of that calibre, I'm not really seeing how she's going to wear him down before her weapon breaks.
    Playful Cloud is the only weapon of any note that she's used so we'll go with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Eh... neither have great feats. Miwa kind of sucks outside of her one trick and Tsuyu hasn't really got that much going for her either. I'd back Tsuyu but she might lose a limb to do it or something.
    Tsuyu does have consistent feats of effortlessly picking up an carrying around people with her tongue, even using it to toss the like projectiles. So that's something.

    I hope Miwa gets a chance to do something cool at some point in the story. She's a fun character but unfortunately mostly gets stomped on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Todo absolutely whips Bakugou's arse. He's stronger, more durable, more skillful and Boogie Woogie is stupidly adaptable. Bakugou doesn't have the strategy or patience to figure out a way around his gimmicks and will lose pretty hard.
    Gotta agree with with Drunkard here in that you're selling Bakugo's fighting skills quite short. Dude has figured out the limitations of quirks in several times in short order and has an adaptive and instinctual combat prowess (similar to Yuji). Bakugou's personality is that of an annoying little gremlin, but when he's not hung up on his hate-boner for Deku he's really flipping good at fighting. He's definitely not a newb at fighting like Hanami was. I wouldn't be surprised if started taking Boogie Woogie into account and adapting to it like Mahito did. Granted, that won't him against Todo's greater stats so he'll still likely loose.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    For Uraraka vs. Kugisaki, if the former even touches the latter once with her hand, she probably wins since Nobara doesn't really have any cursed techs that would let her maneuver in 0 G. That said, while I don't recall how great Kugisaki is in melee, the fact that she was able to even react to human curse guy whose name I can't recall off the top of my head for some reason, probably indicates better reflexes than Uraraka, especially with regards to avoiding an even deadlier (perceived) instant lose touch attack. Also, her ranged game with her nails is probably trickier than Uraraka can really counter, though if this was an area with rubble, Uraraka might be able to replicate her anti-Bakugou trick to surprising effectiveness.
    Uraraka does have feats for dodging multiple projectiles fying at her, while also slapping them to remove their gravity, and she's done well when tangling with Toga (who is generally portrayed as quite speedy). I'd also say that her ability to float and zip around with her wires overall gives her greater manuverability that Kugisaki. Kugisaki can absolutey screw over Uraraka with her cursed tecniques, but I don't think that this fight is all that one-sided. Though it might be over pretty quickly once one of them tags the other.

  5. #5
    Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    7,503

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Playful Cloud is the only weapon of any note that she's used so we'll go with that.
    In that case Maki punts Kirishima around with ease until he loses his shell and dies in short order.

    Gotta agree with with Drunkard here in that you're selling Bakugo's fighting skills quite short. Dude has figured out the limitations of quirks in several times in short order and has an adaptive and instinctual combat prowess (similar to Yuji). Bakugou's personality is that of an annoying little gremlin, but when he's not hung up on his hate-boner for Deku he's really flipping good at fighting. He's definitely not a newb at fighting like Hanami was. I wouldn't be surprised if started taking Boogie Woogie into account and adapting to it like Mahito did. Granted, that won't him against Todo's greater stats so he'll still likely loose.
    I respectfully think you are overselling Bakugou's ability to adapt. He's not stupid but Boogie Woogie requires a lot of patience, good defensive play and extremely quick reactions to deal with which I don't think Bakugou has the feats to support. He plays offensive more often than not, he's not got speed feats on the level of JJK people who have had trouble with Boogie Woogie and he is at least somewhat impatient. Plus Todo hits like a train.

    You mentioned Mahito, but he was portrayed as effectively an adaptive genius and was figuring out techniques and concepts after seeing them once and, even then, he consistently had a hard time with Todo and Boogie Woogie. His answer to the problem was to separate Todo and Yuji and devoted quite a significant amount of resources to mob and kill Todo while he was isolated and it notably didn't work.

    Bakugou does not want to get hit by "I can punt people through buildings," Todo at all if he can avoid it and he doesn't have the feats of dealing with something as wildly disorientating and strategically critical as Boogie Woogie. His best bet is to take to the air and use his superior mobility and use range and widespread attacks to try and wear Todo down.

    Issue is, in Tokyo there are like ten million things Todo can use to shift Bakugou and himself around at will. In the arena, I would give Bakugou significantly better odds as it's more enclosed and there's less material for Todo to work with. I really don't see Bakugou having a good time with this.

    Uraraka does have feats for dodging multiple projectiles fying at her, while also slapping them to remove their gravity, and she's done well when tangling with Toga (who is generally portrayed as quite speedy). I'd also say that her ability to float and zip around with her wires overall gives her greater manuverability that Kugisaki. Kugisaki can absolutey screw over Uraraka with her cursed tecniques, but I don't think that this fight is all that one-sided. Though it might be over pretty quickly once one of them tags the other.
    Kugisaki being able to fight well against a Mahito clone suggests to me that she's considerably quicker in combat and has a solid range game so Uraraka's mobility is of limited use.
    Twitter
    Tumblr
    Follow my social media for animations and art and junk.
    Art Thread on CBR

  6. #6
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,928

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Issue is, in Tokyo there are like ten million things Todo can use to shift Bakugou and himself around at will. In the arena, I would give Bakugou significantly better odds as it's more enclosed and there's less material for Todo to work with. I really don't see Bakugou having a good time with this.


    .
    Are there? Boogie Woogie requires it's targets to have a minimum amount of cursed energy for switching, and I don't think there's a lot of stuff in Tokyo that meets that qualification just lying around. And Bakugo doesn't have any Cursed Energy, so Boogie Woogie can't target him at all.

  7. #7
    Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    7,503

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Are there? Boogie Woogie requires it's targets to have a minimum amount of cursed energy for switching, and I don't think there's a lot of stuff in Tokyo that meets that qualification just lying around. And Bakugo doesn't have any Cursed Energy, so Boogie Woogie can't target him at all.
    Boogie Woogie has been shown to work on inanimate objects in the manga.

    Let me just check...

    Yeah, in the more recent story arc, Todo throws a rock behind one of the polymorphic soul isomer monsters and switches with it.

    I assume the implication must be that he put cursed energy into the rock when he touched it? Or that he overcame the limitations offscreen? Not one hundred percent sure how to parse that.

    Also, Cursed Energy is literally negative emotions. Considering what an angry and bitter person Bakugou is, I'd be shocked if he doesn't meet the criteria for Boogie Woogie to work.
    Twitter
    Tumblr
    Follow my social media for animations and art and junk.
    Art Thread on CBR

  8. #8
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,928

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Boogie Woogie has been shown to work on inanimate objects in the manga.

    Let me just check...

    Yeah, in the more recent story arc, Todo throws a rock behind one of the polymorphic soul isomer monsters and switches with it.

    I assume the implication must be that he put cursed energy into the rock when he touched it? Or that he overcame the limitations offscreen? Not one hundred percent sure how to parse that.

    Also, Cursed Energy is literally negative emotions. Considering what an angry and bitter person Bakugou is, I'd be shocked if he doesn't meet the criteria for Boogie Woogie to work.
    I would say it's more likely that he charged the stone than that he overcame that limit, unless there's dialogue claiming otherwise.

    Fair point re the Negative emotions thing though

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •