Page 26 of 39 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    But on new books they have to place the order on what they think will sell and if they have the same mindset as some on this forum, not that hard to bury a book.
    They can reorder, there is also 2nd printings, trade sales. Retailers can be incovenient, but if the book is good they are going to do well

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    I've said it before but Rosenberg's X-Men was at least the kind of bad everyone can enjoy making fun of, Hickman's X-Men is just mediocre.
    Your hate for Hickman is reaching hyperbolic levels lol

X-Men #4 alone blows anything Rosenberg came up with in Uncanny. It very quickly turned into Hunger Games: Xmen Edition with fan favorite characters being unceremoniously killed off to further...the what? I can't say the plot because those deaths did nothing to serve the plot.

If Hickman's run is mediocre serve me up some more of that instead of the disgraceful garbage that Rosenberg puts out like his Phoenix Ressurection which was a decompressed mess that only the first and the last issue mattered.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Your hate for Hickman is reaching hyperbolic levels lol

X-Men #4 alone blows anything Rosenberg came up with in Uncanny. It very quickly turned into Hunger Games: Xmen Edition with fan favorite characters being unceremoniously killed off to further...the what? I can't say the plot because those deaths did nothing to serve the plot.

If Hickman's run is mediocre serve me up some more of that instead of the disgraceful garbage that Rosenberg puts out like his Phoenix Ressurection which was a decompressed mess that only the first and the last issue mattered.
    There's nothing hyperbolic about it, I know that Rosenberg's run was crap and I expected nothing else. And I agree about his crappy Phoenix Resurrection, although if memory serves most people were singing it's praises here when it was ongoing.

Hickman made some big promises with HoX/PoX and has failed to deliver. Every statement I've made regarding this has been only my opinion and I haven't said that others are wrong for disagreeing with me about how they enjoy it versus how I don't.

I don't care about sales in regards to a books quality.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    True but they can just pretend they were voted runner ups.
    True, but it'd be awfully awkward the moment a Quiet Council member leaves the council and is added to the team. That would be a bit hard to explain. Then again, stranger things have probably happened on the island thus far, lol.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

why the Quiet Council? There is a whole island.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

True, but I mainly meant it as a joke. Apparently it was a very bad one...

Just trying to lighten the mood. While being very bad at it I guess, lol.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    They can reorder, there is also 2nd printings, trade sales. Retailers can be incovenient, but if the book is good they are going to do well
    IF they choose to do so but i could easily see diverse books being underordered to make "Standard books" look better. especially if only one type of person is working in a shop.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

There's nothing hyperbolic about it, I know that Rosenberg's run was crap and I expected nothing else. And I agree about his crappy Phoenix Resurrection, although if memory serves most people were singing it's praises here when it was ongoing.

Hickman made some big promises with HoX/PoX and has failed to deliver. Every statement I've made regarding this has been only my opinion and I haven't said that others are wrong for disagreeing with me about how they enjoy it versus how I don't.

I don't care about sales in regards to a books quality.
    The greatest sin with follow up to HOX was the X-Men office gave all these other writers too much hand in all the other books. Hickman's vision and premise was cool, and grounded.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    The greatest sin with follow up to HOX was the X-Men office gave all these other writers too much hand in all the other books. Hickman's vision and premise was cool, and grounded.
    It's absolutely possible that had Hickman kept a tighter leash then the follow-through would've been better.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    This is the absolute perfect post. Rogue is a popular character, Bishop and Storm is the only two "popular" black characters therefore they should have been used. If you don't use a character how do they become popular? Let's keep putting the popular characters in the biggest stories with the best artist and never let the smaller characters get that chance. It is self-fulling prophecy of the X-men franchise you have to put popular characters in the book. But if you never get in the biggest books and used in biggest events you never become popular.

If Gerry Duggan does a good job with book itself and Synch and Sunfire what will Synch and Sunfire be at the end of the run? A POPULAR CHARACTER.

You want Cyclops, Jean Grey, Laura, Polaris, Rogue.. Replace Sunfire with Iceman...Replace Synch with Banshee. The vaunted accidentally not forced in any way all white X-men team.
    Lol, and oddly having all white X-Men is the default okay status with some folk. Why can't Bishop and Synch on the team?

Nice! I’ll be picking this up! I like Lorn’s new look. We need a new one for Jean.

I've said it before but Rosenberg's X-Men was at least the kind of bad everyone can enjoy making fun of, Hickman's X-Men is just mediocre.
    Rosencanny was bad "deep web snuff movie" level bad.

X-men Gold was just boring and mediocre.

Hickman X-Men is great.

Hickman X-Men is basically a series of one-shots used for worldbuilding instead of a ongoing series. Once this is accepted it's easier to aprecciate the comic.

Mighty Member

It's absolutely possible that had Hickman kept a tighter leash then the follow-through would've been better.
    Of course! Had he done his own thing, this whole era would probably be done already in less than 2 years.

But there's no way in hell Marvel would allow that when they could still milk that golden cow for at least 5 years, lol.

Looks at what they did with X of Swords. It was never meant to be that long (22 issues?!) but behind the scenes they saw money signs and prolonged that whole event.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    Hickman X-Men is basically a series of one-shots used for worldbuilding instead of a ongoing series. Once this is accepted it's easier to aprecciate the comic.

This info has been known since the beginning too. People just like to complain.