Page 22 of 39 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Yeah, I can see the space team with something like Storm, Old Cable, Cannonball, Sunspot...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    That would be rad, but what about SWORD? Does it go away? Seems redundant.
    Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    The members I like on the new X-Men team
    Scott
    Jean
    Polaris
    Rogue

The members that is neutral for me
    Sunfire

The members that I don't like
    Copycat 'Wolverine' should be replaced with the real Wolverine.
    Synch should be replaced with Banshee. (the runner-up of the voting election)
    Logan is over-exposed and I avoid reading his title. My only interest in X-Force is for the others. Banshee is just not interesting.
    My flag is bacon.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by comicboy12 View Post
    I really want to know why the hell they are so insistent on putting Jean in that costume.
    They want people to ask what color are her panties? Look up World.

I was kind of hoping for a group rarely used X-men to give us a fresh look at a team under Cyke.

Not mad, just not that excited.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I was kind of hoping for a group rarely used X-men to give us a fresh look at a team under Cyke.

This is exactly how I feel!

Just noticed that I haven't given my thoughts about the team.

1) Yay, Polaris won! I voted for her. I like her new costume too.

2) I'm not the biggest Rogue fan or anything, but Duggan's Rogue was great on UA, so that's bound to be good.

3) I'm happy for Laura. I'm happy she'll be interacting with Jean again. But I kinda wanted Logan as the Wolverine of the team for throuple reasons.

4) With Duggan talking about how Storm is gonna be moving on to big things I kinda thought she'd be here. Guess she's in Hickman's book, or maybe Leah's.

5) Sunfire! That's huge for him!

6) Overall satisfied with a lineup, the idea that the main X-Men team should have only 1 or 2 A-List characters and then all the fan-favorite randos is silly, this one is fairly balanced.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    This is exactly how I feel!
    Same. I was hoping for some more really underused characters getting there moment. But I cant complain about Rogue being saved from Excalibur!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Man, I was about to die on this hill to fight against this notion; but after rereading the entirety of Dawn of X - you're totally right.

Hickman's run is a bunch of short vignettes that act as preludes to other books, I think a good comparison is the tv show LOST: a whole lotta set up.

I just hope that it doesn't drop the ball with the ending.
    Yep I enjoyed the art by Silva, Asrar and Booth on some issues but it really felt like a bunch of one shots or it should have been called tales of krakoa because it was not Xmen.

I loved house and powers of X but his Xmen run has been a whole bunch of random and mostly just cyclops.

I’m looking forward to this new Xmen 1 because it sounds like a real Xmen team book.

I can understand that, but I don't think the flagship team will ever be that, there will be some new or rarely used characters but at least half will be mainstream ones. Although it has been a long time since Scott and Rogue were on a team together, and even longer since he was on a team with Lorna. I'm not sure if I remember that happening since.....was it the first story Claremont told? Long enough for it to have a word scrawl like in Star Wars.

And Jean, well, it's been even longer for Jean, seeing as how she had been dead for far too long by editorial fiat.
    Dark does not mean deep.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rcaguy View Post
    Why should it when that's not it's primary purpose?
    Why should wheels roll? Why should cookies taste delicious instead of being merely digestible?

Life's great questions.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The BaRoN View Post
    Yep I enjoyed the art by Silva, Asrar and Booth on some issues but it really felt like a bunch of one shots or it should have been called tales of krakoa because it was not Xmen.

I loved house and powers of X but his Xmen run has been a whole bunch of random and mostly just cyclops.

I’m looking forward to this new Xmen 1 because it sounds like a real Xmen team book.
    I am not invested in Duggan writing Cyke. Hicks dropped the ball with X-Men but I am pretty sure he didn't have the freedom.Not like HoX/PoX
    Last edited by Vishop; 04-17-2021 at 03:29 AM.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I like this team Duggan made a great Uncanny Avengers team so I hope he brings that energy to this team
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

I am neither overly excited or disappointed about the line-up. Very much in the wait and see how this turns out category but from a story-telling perspective I have concerns/questions:

The article is a little contradictory when describing the teams motivations. They first state that the X-men are ‘ No longer protecting a world that hates and fears them, the X-Men said goodbye to their dream of coexistence and founded a thriving mutant homeland’. Then later state ‘To the X-Men, things are simple—you do what’s right, you protect those who need protecting and you save the world we all share. This new team are the chosen champions of mutantkind, and they’re up for any battle to protect their people and their home planet’.

I’m interpreting this to say, we still protect mutants first and foremost. So I’m concerned this is just another mutant defence team, just one that isn’t controlled by the council.

Power sets do seem a little similar, Especially Rogue and Synch, but I assume that Rogue isn’t really there to use other peoples powers, I imagine she’s going to be the ‘muscle’. Not a bad thing, just wondering how they’re going to individualise the team members roles so they each have something unique to bring to table.

Speaking of unique, Sunfire was a surprising outcome. Again not bad, just given his history of working with teams I’m having to suspend my disbelief that an entire district of Krakoa interacted with this Jerk and thought ‘Ah yes, this is the man I want representing my district’. But he’s a good fighter and a hero and he’ll certainly spice things up so that’s always interesting and fun.

Finally I have concerns that Laura (I’m sorry I can’t call her wolverine) and Synch will be shoved into a ‘will they won’t they’ romance and nothing else. I wonder if Marvel/Duggen want them to be the next power couple? Romance in the x-men certainly isn’t new and again not a bad thing, but please don’t let that be their only purpose in the book.
    Last edited by Proxy; 04-17-2021 at 03:13 AM.

I think it is not a coincidence using the phrase "home planet" here, or? Will the rumors be true and mutants really go to Mars?

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

I definitely noticed the Home Planet bit too. Definitely sounds like Mars is becoming Planet X

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    I definitely noticed the Home Planet bit too. Definitely sounds like Mars is becoming Planet X
    I cannot wait for this. All those changes are so good. Planet X, S.W.O.R.D., Way of X...so promising. and then there is X-Men. lol

Jean and Scott never came across so regressive and outdated. Cannot believe this is the same Jean from X-Men Red. Jean already forshadowed the necessity for change and suddenly she is all "Lady Nostalgia".