Page 1 of 38 1234511 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Default SWORD #6 preview "After the Fireworks"

"To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

This title is the Motts.

Was already thinking Magneto should nobble Henry Peter Gyrich. That would be worth ending up on trial for breaking Krakoa’s first law. Look at him recruiting a domestic abuser into his sexless anti-mutant incel cult like a flat-topped Jordan Peterson.
    Last edited by Frobisher; 06-17-2021 at 01:40 PM.

They can’t stand mutants building something for themselves, a miracle like the terraforming of mars is a nightmare to these people, when genosha and its inhabitants were wiped out all was fine with the world and they hardly batted an eye.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

The art and coloring are beautiful! I hope it goes back to the gala and that Schiti got to draw some of those looks!

Astonishing Member

Considering how Cap’s own annual did him dirty this week, it’s nice to see an X-Book letting him be so philosophical about things

I’m not sure why anyone’s surprised about Hudson considering the crap he’s pulled on Heather

Incredible Member bladeofdarkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    They can’t stand mutants building something for themselves, a miracle like the terraforming of mars is a nightmare to these people, when genosha and its inhabitants were wiped out all was fine with the world and they hardly batted an eye.
    They didn't just terraformed it - they claimed it for themselves.
    Imagine if the U.S, after landing on the moon, declared that it's now a part of the U.S, and you'll have a close example of what it means.
    Last edited by bladeofdarkness; 06-17-2021 at 01:44 PM.

Oh I can’t wait for the fallout. People are gonna go nuts!
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
    Imagine if the U.S, after landing on the moon, declared that it's not part of the U.S, and you'll have a close example of what it means.
    Even the U.S. getting to the moon first was something that other super powers in the space race would have been unpleased with. It is easy to look at it from the Western perspective of what a great moment it was and not realize that for others it would be seen as gloating, and I am sure there was gloating because it is not like the U.S. was just some all for one nation, they were trying to one up the communist nations in the cold war.

Imagine if the U.S, after landing on the moon, declared that it's not part of the U.S, and you'll have a close example of what it means.
    Mars was just a lifeless speck of dust in the night sky, our “relationship” with the moon culturally speaking is much more intimate and deep and the moon kingdom would never allow the us or china to claim Luna for themselves
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Imagine if the U.S, after landing on the moon, declared that it's now a part of the U.S, and you'll have a close example of what it means.
    *Indigenous peoples have entered the chat*

Astonishing Member

Claimed it for themselves and declared it the capital of the solar system.

Politely, you are attempting to make that a lot less complicated than it actually is.

Krakoa did so, in large part, so they could move a particularly hard case offshoot of mutant kind to a planet where they will most likely not attempt to wipe out large swaths of humanity.

They did not simply grab something, and say "MINE!!!..."

Incredible Member bladeofdarkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Even the U.S. getting to the moon first was something that other super powers in the space race would have been unpleased with. It is easy to look at it from the Western perspective of what a great moment it was and not realize that for others it would be seen as gloating, and I am sure there was gloating because it is not like the U.S. was just some all for one nation, they were trying to one up the communist nations in the cold war.
    well, it WAS gloating - the whole point was to show that the U.S Could do what the Communists couldn't.
    But they knew better then to try and declare that it's theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Mars was just a lifeless speck of dust in the night sky, our “relationship” with the moon culturally speaking is much more intimate and deep and the moon kingdom would never allow the us or china to claim Luna for themselves
    The moon kingdom is overrated - and they barely make use of their territories anyway - we should go and just take their land by force.
    They'll never see it coming.

And Mars was just a lifeless speck of dust NOW - (Marvel Universe) humanity could have colonized it and potentially terraformed it over the course of a few centuries - the mutants being able to do it by themselves first should definitely gives them a claim to some frontline real estate - but they didn't outright CREATE the planet.
    So simply claiming - on the entire galactic stage - that :
    1)The planet is a mutant world (The first one)
    2)The planet is the CAPITAL of the solar system.
    3)The mutants (or one amongst them at least) are regents of the Solar system.

Yeah. that's going a bit too far.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Politely, you are attempting to make that a lot less complicated than it actually is.

Krakoa did so, in large part, so they could move a particularly hard case offshoot of mutant kind to a planet where they will most likely not attempt to wipe out large swaths of humanity.

They did not simply grab something, and say "MINE!!!..."
    Are we talking about our personal reactions or talking about the reactions of the crowd? Do you know that if the people in attendance were told they did this in order to kick the unwanted refugees off planet?