Page 8 of 39 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Let's not all forget that Omegas can, have, and will be nerfed to suit the needs of the story at hand

Spectacular Member

I am excited to see what happens in the book , however when the people in the x-office started talking about this book, I clearly heard them say that this was going to be the Krakoan X-men and a group that would be more autonomous from the krakoan council. Yet here we are and Xavier is clearly a member of this team, probably even it’s “mentor” and the rest of the team is just a “ regular “ x-men team. Nothing Krakoan about it expect that these characters live on krakoa. So... I am disappointed in the line up a bit. I thought this was going to be a bit more out there and risqué then what we had before. I guess marvel only wants Hickman’s own books to be the bit more out there and have the rest of the x-books still be regular. Like what we have been seeing since Hickman started this new era. Hickman’s book are futuristic and new , the rest of the line is regular fare.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    SWORD is more like "Protecting the Earth from enemies of space", this team imagine it more as explorers. You're right with the redundancy but in fact SWORD # 1 already involved that cosmic stone that Storm has on the Reign of X poster. What is the other alternative, Storm joins SWORD?
    That will be interesting. I will like storm to explore space her power extends there as well and even possibly beyond. On earth the writer's seem to lack creativity and initiative to use her power aside lightning bolt.i hope hickman is the one writing storm his giant size really hinted at a certain potential to her power that if explored could literally make its application endless. Also the whole divine aspects and her family lineage and stuff needs to be addressed.

Not a bad lineup! Agreed with most that the costume choices are weird. Why redesign Polaris, Sunfire (I think? can't see...), Synch, and Wolverine only to leave Rogue and Jean in those outdated costumes??

SWORD is more like "Protecting the Earth from enemies of space", this team imagine it more as explorers. You're right with the redundancy but in fact SWORD # 1 already involved that cosmic stone that Storm has on the Reign of X poster. What is the other alternative, Storm joins SWORD?
    I saw it the same way. S.W.O.R.D. orbits and sits atop the earth as a first line defense from alien interlopers. On the flip side an X-space team would go deeper into space to explore, form relationships and potentially establish colonies offworld. With the Krakoan gates it would be a matter of figuring out where to go and then planting a gate pod.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    Does anyone know when Hickman’s lineup will be revealed? I do hope it’ll be led by Ororo Storm since she’s making her exit from Marauders soon. She is overdue to resume her leadership post.
    There's no details on if it's even a team book. I'm still guessing it's Moira.

Quote Originally Posted by patch View Post
    I saw it the same way. S.W.O.R.D. orbits and sits atop the earth as a first line defense from alien interlopers. On the flip side an X-space team would go deeper into space to explore, form relationships and potentially establish colonies offworld. With the Krakoan gates it would be a matter of figuring out where to go and then planting a gate pod.
    I personally suspect that cosmic MacGuffin from SWORD is going to somehow play a part with Moira stuff. They talked about that thing they got in SWORD # 1 as "stealing the fire of the gods" and Magneto was especially interested.

Quote Originally Posted by comicboy12 View Post
    I really want to know why the hell they are so insistent on putting Jean in that costume.
    Right? She looks so out of place. I hate hate the mask, the gloves...and the Marvel GIRL codename.

Apart from that, I'm glad this team has Rogue, Sunfire, Laura and Polaris! And an amazing artist. I will definitely be picking this up.

I'm glad Rogue is out of Excalibur since she's not very well utilized there. I wonder if Tini will keep Gambit there...
    Last edited by MentalManipulator; 04-16-2021 at 11:13 AM.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Whew, where is the seasoning?

Only Synch and Rogue are exciting additions. Duggan has proven to write a good Rogue but that outfit id wretched.

Larraz draws a lovely Jean so its a shame that she is still in that costume

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I like marvel girls look. she is taking charge and doing it HER way for once.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I like marvel girls look. she is taking charge and doing it HER way for once.
    where is that?

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

Yeah, I can see the space team with something like Storm, Old Cable, Cannonball, Sunspot...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    That would be rad, but what about SWORD? Does it go away? Seems redundant.
    I prefer the SWORD team. Perhaps some of the others could be added? As long as they don't crowd the SWORD members out.
    My flag is bacon.

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    Right? She looks so out of place. I hate hate the mask, the gloves...and the Marvel GIRL codename.

Apart from that, I'm glad this team has Rogue, Sunfire, Laura and Polaris! And an amazing artist. I will definitely be picking this up.

I'm glad Rogue is out of Excalibur since she's not very well utilized there. I wonder if Tini will keep Gambit there...
    I actually like the green dress look. I think it needs a bit of modernization, but it’s simple and I like it. If she dropped the “Girl” and just went by Marvel do you think that’d be too corny? I mean, if this were still the golden age she could change to Marvel-Lass (a play on marvelous) 😅
    Psylocke Captain Britain Rictor Dust Moonstar Hellion

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    There's no details on if it's even a team book. I'm still guessing it's Moira.
    I don't know, Moira's story is certainly something Hickman will personally focus on but somehow I don't see the Head of X just writing a book focused on Moira McTaggert. Hickman has a number of plotlines and characters I can see him developing further (Moira, Destiny, the Arakkii) and then there's the space thing with Storm which I believe he might be the one to write. So my assumption is that he'll still be doing an ensemble book to follow up on all those... same as he's been doing now pretty much.