Page 17 of 39 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    I feel the same exact way
    I guess this shows why his Cyclops lacked despite appearing in almost every issue. I don't trust Duggan either.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I'm not sure how it doesn't stand on its own. Does his run succeed in laying the foundation for his Krakoa era? I think it does. Since the very first issue Hickman has used his X-men title to either expand upon or introduce new concepts integral to the framework of his story.

It's understandable to be disappointed that Hickman didn't write a traditional superhero team book but like I said that wasn't the book he was interested in writing and that doesn't mean his run "failed".
    A book that is preoccupied with setup for other books and worldbuilding and laying foundations still has to tell a satisfying story in itself - Hickman has failed to do so in my opinion, and I don't think my position is indefensible.

The genre isn't an issue either, I don't read only cape comics.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    I guess this shows why his Cyclops lacked despite appearing in almost every issue. I don't trust Duggan either.
    And that's when I remember his X-Men had a tagline or summary or something as the "Saga of Cyclops", lol yeah sure.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    I would kill for an actual good Cyclops book, but maybe Duggan can do it.

I do like his Cable run, maybe he will delve into the Summer's family stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Does his run truly stand on its own? I don't think it does so, not well, and that's how he wasted his run. Assuming his next book isn't Uncanny X-Men, his one crack at a flagship X-Book will have been lackluster.
    Man, I was about to die on this hill to fight against this notion; but after rereading the entirety of Dawn of X - you're totally right.

Hickman's run is a bunch of short vignettes that act as preludes to other books, I think a good comparison is the tv show LOST: a whole lotta set up.

I just hope that it doesn't drop the ball with the ending.

And that's when I remember his X-Men had a tagline or summary or something as the "Saga of Cyclops", lol yeah sure.
    What who said this and where?

Man, I was about to die on this hill to fight against this notion; but after rereading the entirety of Dawn of X - you're totally right.

Hickman's run is a bunch of short vignettes that act as preludes to other books, I think a good comparison is the tv show LOST: a whole lotta set up.

I'm just glad I'm not the only one who sees it. Good grief, this era isn't the end all be all.

Is this what it was like to be ambivelant about New X-Men during Morrison's run?
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

What who said this and where?
    I just looked it up, the solicitation for X-Men No 1 straight up says "Jonathan Hickman (HOUSE OF X, POWERS OF X, SECRET WARS) and superstar artist Leinil Yu (NEW AVENGERS, CAPTAIN AMERICA) reveal the saga of Cyclops and his hand-picked squad of mutant powerhouses".

So.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Those vignettes should've been separate one-shots, they should've taken the place of those superfluous Giant-Size one-shots.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

That's because people think Hickman is being paid to write the xmen when he is being paid to redefine them. He will be cashing checks long after the fans clamouring for the past are looking for the return of the institute.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I'm just glad I'm not the only one who sees it. Good grief, this era isn't the end all be all.

Is this what it was like to be ambivelant about New X-Men during Morrison's run?
    New X-Men is a masterpiece

Now that is a hill that I will die on

I just looked it up, the solicitation for X-Men No 1 straight up says "Jonathan Hickman (HOUSE OF X, POWERS OF X, SECRET WARS) and superstar artist Leinil Yu (NEW AVENGERS, CAPTAIN AMERICA) reveal the saga of Cyclops and his hand-picked squad of mutant powerhouses".

So.
    LOL, I cannot believe that was in the solits

I feel like Covid really messed things up, but that's being charitable

Those vignettes should've been separate one-shots, they should've taken the place of those superfluous Giant-Size one-shots.
    Yeah, totally that entire Giant Size run was a whole buncha bupkis

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    That's because people think Hickman is being paid to write the xmen when he is being paid to redefine them. He will be cashing checks long after the fans clamouring for the past are looking for the return of the institute.
    The island is an institute, but you are right in pointing out Hickman has credit on all of the X books (except Legends).

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Why does him being black make him underserving of being on the team? If anything he was guaranteed a spot after just having a big story.
    I may not be african american but I'm aboriginal so I'm black, stop twisting my words, I said his powers add nothing to the team as Rogue is there and that he was only chosen because of either his colour or because of his relationship to Laura.
    Last edited by PhoenixThanos; 04-16-2021 at 07:16 PM.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    That's no defense, in film if a director makes a gorgeous movie with cool ideas that tells no story it's still a bad movie, this is similar. There were other ways to accomplish this redefinition, like one-shots as I said.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.