Page 15 of 39 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 225 of 577
  1. #211
    Invincible Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    26,086

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    So what time to the rest of the July solicits drop?
    Thursday, I think. I was expecting DC's tonight, but they've been delayed to next week (just like last month, when Marvel's actually released first).
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    I think it's too early in the month for that. We should get DC's first around next week and then Marvel the week after.
    No, that would be too late. We never get solicits as late as the 29th of the month. DC's are overdue, Marvel's are next week.
    Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    They should just make Cyclops adult Champions outfit from the crossover his new outfit, it looks so much better.
    Funny thing is, while the suit originates from All-New X-Men, they've actually retconned it into being his Champions uniform. Originally, he switched out of that uniform part way through his Champions tenure, because of the launch of X-Men Blue.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    So this new series is also called X-men whats going to happen to the one written by Hickman isnt it also called X-men?
    Relaunches as Uncanny X-Men I think.

    Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    Not a bad lineup! Agreed with most that the costume choices are weird. Why redesign Polaris, Sunfire (I think? can't see...), Synch, and Wolverine only to leave Rogue and Jean in those outdated costumes??
    Rogue's 90s costume is fine, but Jean's 1970s one is not. Why can't she wear the recoloured X-Men Red uniform like in Giant-Size X-Men?

    Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    -Cyclops, Jean and Laura were on the same team when the O5 were in the past
    Yeah, Laura was basically the O5's sixth ranger in All-New X-Men.

    Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Didn't Jean make out with Logan's son and Scott make out with Laura?

    I need a smoke.
    That was the plan, but Laura ended up with Angel instead due to Cyclops getting a solo book and leaving All-New X-Men.

    Quote Originally Posted by 16 Bit View Post
    I apologize if this was already answered, but what is the current status of Rogue's powers? Did she lose the Marvel/Wonder Man powers and does she still drain them by touch, and in the process get their memories and harm them?
    She still has Wonder Man's powers, and can now control her power absorption powers.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Why does him being black make him underserving of being on the team? If anything he was guaranteed a spot after just having a big story.
    Maybe he thought it was tokenism? He should be on the team because he brings something to the table, not just because he's black.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

  2. #212
    Astonishing Member ChronoRogue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,949

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Just speculation. Based on whats happening in main mu and things not getting normal til sept i'm purely speculating from the image and team the first arc is them taking care of the vault before they can be true heros of earth.
    Ah, I see. Well the Vault would be a cool enemy! Hopefully we do see them vs this new team.

  3. #213
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    60

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Not confirmed yet, but it comes out in September! Weird to think that the line will be moving forward for two months without any Hickman material.
    I'm one of his big big fans. His Avengers/New Avengers/ Secret Wars is it for me but X-Men has been really slow/lackluster so far. I didn't get X of Swords at all. I didn't like it at all. I'm hoping whatever he does is twice a month and it moves. And Iceman!!!!!

  4. #214

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    Synch is totally there because of Laura, and he is black, he offers nothing to this team because his powers are similar to Rogues.
    Weak character as well.
    Every X-Men team needs an WOLVERINE.
    I love Ev because he’s sweet, has a great sense of humor and is honorable. He’s been gone so long and fans have been wanting him back. And I think his time in the Vault will make his interactions extremely interesting. Though he’s more experienced than the others in years, he was freshly resurrected and I can’t wait to see how he views the world he missed while dead.
    I’m fully in.
    Boop! Krakoa forever!

  5. #215
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,082

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Ah, I see. Well the Vault would be a cool enemy! Hopefully we do see them vs this new team.
    I just can't see them going out adventuring after synch came back with this time sensitive info, especially when time moves faster in the vault and due to darwin, which is why assume they took him off this particular team, could still be evolving, and who knows how far the tech has gotten now. Start it in july, wrap up the vault in sept, and then introduce this team to whatever the MU looks like in sept/oct when the publishing move is done and whatever they got going on over there in the main line is over (i've been reading it but i'm literally confused as to what is going on. My best guess is they are in stall mode for a soft relaunch like the x-line. Especially with the world war Shehulk going on. They are purposefully not trying to introduce anything new but put pieces on the board they may play with in october like Phoenix in the main line.). But heres hoping cause i think it will be a good way to also connect the team taking them away from outside relationships so they are truly relying on each other in the beginning and their relationships with each other are the focus.
    Last edited by jwatson; 04-16-2021 at 04:45 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.

  6. #216
    Astonishing Member Rang10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    2,206

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RyanParkerMan View Post
    I'm one of his big big fans. His Avengers/New Avengers/ Secret Wars is it for me but X-Men has been really slow/lackluster so far. I didn't get X of Swords at all. I didn't like it at all. I'm hoping whatever he does is twice a month and it moves. And Iceman!!!!!
    I really doubt on shipping twice and having Iceman haha Hickman is getting money as head of X so he is going monthly with glacial pace

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Maybe he thought it was tokenism? He should be on the team because he brings something to the table, not just because he's black.
    There is tokenism for sure, like one asian and one black person. But I'm not sure of the poster meant that
    Last edited by Rang10; 04-16-2021 at 04:47 PM.

  7. #217
    Mighty Member Kingdom X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    1,520

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    There is tokenism for sure, like one asian and one black person. But I'm not sure of the poster meant that
    Do y'all know what tokenism means? Yes, if they're there only for optics and not because they have storylines it's tokenism but we don't even know what Duggan has planned.

  8. #218
    Extraordinary Member cranger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,229

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I just can't see them going out adventuring after synch came back with this time sensitive info, especially when time moves faster in the vault and due to darwin, which is why assume they took him off this particular team, could still be evolving, and who knows how far the tech has gotten now. Start it in july, wrap up the vault in sept, and then introduce this team to whatever the MU looks like in sept/oct when the publishing move is done and whatever they got going on over there in the main line is over (i've been reading it but i'm literally confused as to what is going on. My best guess is they are in stall mode for a soft relaunch like the x-line. Especially with the world war Shehulk going on. They are purposefully not trying to introduce anything new but put pieces on the board they may play with in october like Phoenix in the main line.). But heres hoping cause i think it will be a good way to also connect the team taking them away from outside relationships so they are truly relying on each other in the beginning and their relationships with each other are the focus.
    They are not going to go an bust the Vault. This is not a QC/Xavier/Magneto/Moira strike team. This is the Hero team that is going to go and fight monsters and bad guys out in the world because mutants want good guys to cheer for and feel proud of.

    The Vault is as much a problem as Orchis or Nimrod or Hordeculture or whatever other mega cosmic threat Hickman has planned. That is, not at all until Hickman feels like wrapping it up. He did not put that development in just to have Duggan's parade team job them in one go. They will play some part down the road just like everything else Hickman is teasing us with.

  9. #219
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,402

    Default

    I'm just really excited for the fight scenes lol Duggan brings a brutality rarely seen in superhero comics.

    I'm hoping Jean gets at least one H2H feat we rarely see her throw down.

    I also find it funny that I was just thinking that Laura needs to be on a team with senior X-Men and voila here we are lol

  10. #220
    Extraordinary Member Phoenixx9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    8,057

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I'm just really excited for the fight scenes lol Duggan brings a brutality rarely seen in superhero comics.

    I'm hoping Jean gets at least one H2H feat we rarely see her throw down.

    I also find it funny that I was just thinking that Laura needs to be on a team with senior X-Men and voila here we are lol
    Yeah! Wanna see Jean throw down! It has been a hot minute.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]


    "Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

  11. #221
    Extraordinary Member WebLurker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    8,197

    Default

    In theory I'm happy that X-23/Wolverine is in the series (favorite X-Men character and all that). Still, I'm reserving judgement (and if I want to read this), until we see the exection.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

  12. #222
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,082

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    They are not going to go an bust the Vault. This is not a QC/Xavier/Magneto/Moira strike team. This is the Hero team that is going to go and fight monsters and bad guys out in the world because mutants want good guys to cheer for and feel proud of.

    The Vault is as much a problem as Orchis or Nimrod or Hordeculture or whatever other mega cosmic threat Hickman has planned. That is, not at all until Hickman feels like wrapping it up. He did not put that development in just to have Duggan's parade team job them in one go. They will play some part down the road just like everything else Hickman is teasing us with.
    We shall see. That's why it's speculation and not expectation. Either way it goes i'm good. But it doesn't make sense to introduce your heroes to a world that isn't set yet. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.

  13. #223
    Astonishing Member Rang10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    2,206

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Do y'all know what tokenism means? Yes, if they're there only for optics and not because they have storylines it's tokenism but we don't even know what Duggan has planned.
    It looked like a diversity quota to fill: get ne black person and one asian. I expected more diversity.

  14. #224
    Extraordinary Member cranger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,229

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    We shall see. That's why it's speculation and not expectation. Either way it goes i'm good. But it doesn't make sense to introduce your heroes to a world that isn't set yet. lol
    It would be nice if they got the ball rolling with taking down some threats and getting to the endgame. Maybe we do get the Vault popping out for peek and getting smacked back until later, I do think they play into the bigger story.

    The rest of the MU is always in upheaval, but that does not stop the 70 monthly books that take place there from churning along.

  15. #225
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,082

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    It would be nice if they got the ball rolling with taking down some threats and getting to the endgame. Maybe we do get the Vault popping out for peek and getting smacked back until later, I do think they play into the bigger story.

    The rest of the MU is always in upheaval, but that does not stop the 70 monthly books that take place there from churning along.
    I think the vault is the immediate threat to krakoa and the world. Hickman issue bringing them back establishes they are now evolving into a form that will be a threat to Krakoa. He also established they want to kill both humans and mutants. at the very least right now orichis still wants to preserve humanity in some form so that makes the vault the bigger threat. I think orichis, nimrod and Storm's techno disease are what the bigger story is. Vault will be introductory for the team to connect and to show they can take care of a threat and everyone will be all hyped on krakoa that they took out something like that vault which seemed like a huge threat but it was the biggest small threat.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •