Page 7 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    They need a latina and a gay dude.

Thats all.
    They have Sunfire.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Like I said, Storm is most likely in a Hickman comic with cosmic elements.

Maybe even with temporal elements if we add Old Cable.
    oooooh im liking this.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Cyke is awesome! Despair! The Jeeper 2.0's Avatar

The fact that it was already announced that he was going to write a new mutant series.

Sunfrie and Polaris were Horsemen at the same time.
    Rogue and Scott go way back. She was on the blue team and he gave her a team to lead around X-Men #200 pre Messiah Complex.
    "Listen to me...you can't kill an idea. It always comes back. Resurrected. Or reborn...into a different form." - Cyclops, Secret Wars

I wonder if Synch will be able to extend the powers of others to the team, that could be extremely valuable when on a mission he can synch them up and utilize laura healing factor. This is actually a really powerful team. You have a power copier and a power absorber.

And this may have been posted already but it looks like this team is going into the vault to take it down.
    Last edited by jwatson; 04-16-2021 at 10:16 AM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

This looks meh, is duggan the writer?

I really thought there was going to be someone from Arrako on this team.

Was the "a member from each habitat" just forgotten by the X-office, or a headcanon of the board?

Quote Originally Posted by Criticalfan View Post
    I really thought there was going to be someone from Arrako on this team.

Was the "a member from each habitat" just forgotten by the X-office, or a headcanon of the board?
    It was only who was eligible, what we did not know was whether a member would be elected from each district or if there was a single constituency.

So, headcanon.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenXXX View Post
    Great lineup.
    I'm glad Duggan will write Rogue again and hopefully when Cable returns he will join the team too.
    Preferably, the adult version.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Also, would have loved to see Iceman in the team (both for queer rep and for his friendship with Rogue). A LGBTQ+ character is missed.
    LOL - I had the same thought, this was a well represented team save for an LGBTQ character. Iceman is a good choice because of his friendship with Rogue but also makes fun counterpoint to Sunfire, though I don't think they're ready to remove two main Marauder members just yet (plus with Jean, Scott and Lorna already on the team, I don't think they want to lean too heavily into the legacy aspect of the X-team).

Like I said, Storm is most likely in a Hickman comic with cosmic elements.

Maybe even with temporal elements if we add Old Cable.
    I'm curious to see what Hickman will be working on but given his groundwork in HOX/POX, it would make sense for it to deal with space exploration or further development of the posthumans/Nimrods. Space seems an odd place for Ororo (given her natural connection to the earth), but we've already seen the promos for Reign of X have Storm holding the cosmic crystal retrieved in S.W.O.R.D. #1 (and Xandra professing a favor to Storm at the end of X-Men #17). With Cyclops' team keen on being Earth's heroes, I would love to see Storm lead her own team in space. We have Cannonball (and seemingly Sunspot now) settled in Shi'ar space, and Hickman orchestrated Vulcan's return (not to mention the X-office editors would have had to review and approve Adam-X's tale in X-Men Legends). All potential players.

Yeah, I can see the space team with something like Storm, Old Cable, Cannonball, Sunspot...

Yeah, I can see the space team with something like Storm, Old Cable, Cannonball, Sunspot...
    That would be rad, but what about SWORD? Does it go away? Seems redundant.

The year of Synch!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by warlockofgreed View Post
    Oh OK, did not hear that. Thanks for the information! It must suck for Leah because her Lorna was figuring things out only to be thrust into the position of X-Man. Hopefully we get some resolution here.

In my mind, I imagined that this X-Men team needed to be a team which could face off against the Avengers in equal battle i.e. Extinction team style, which is why I feel slightly underwhelmed at the team. At the same time, I recognise they are a group of very powerful mutants here and do look forward to being proven wrong.
    Well they still can handle the avengers jean alone can solo easily, and synch and rouge are more than a match for the team. The problem is lorna and sunfire though powerful will need some help and cyclops and wolverine well they can't. But overall this is an op team without jean. The omega just makes it over kill. Extinction had like three omegas at once along with the world's most powerful telepath at the time, king of atlantis, limbo's ruler, colossus, danger, it was over kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    That would be rad, but what about SWORD? Does it go away? Seems redundant.
    SWORD is more like "Protecting the Earth from enemies of space", this team imagine it more as explorers. You're right with the redundancy but in fact SWORD # 1 already involved that cosmic stone that Storm has on the Reign of X poster. What is the other alternative, Storm joins SWORD?

I'm just okay with the team. I guess I just expected the first official X-Men of Krakoa to have a bit more grandeur. and at least 9 members.

I'm glad Sunfire is part of the group. But with so many X-Men heroes and villains to choose from, nobody on the roster was really surprising.

Still can't wait for the Hellfire Gala to see what other shenanigans are going to occur